Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Did Bryan go to Hedonism 2 yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Every other weekend.

ghostal
Jul 13, 2008

UwUnabomber posted:

Bryan spending half the stream talking about taking a poo poo on an airplane.

Love to cool down by ripping the crotch out of my briefs in the bathroom.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

We've all been there.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Win Shohei Ohtani

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I can't get over Bryan wearing shoes from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to sleep, including napping in the bed with shoes on, sweaty after a walk. Also saying that he'd refuse to go inside a no-shoes household

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Specifically, he claimed to have once laid out across the doorway on his belly with his feet outside to talk with someone while avoiding removing his shoes.

I now formally believe that everyone in Ohio is just like Bryan.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Kenning posted:

Specifically, he claimed to have once laid out across the doorway on his belly with his feet outside to talk with someone while avoiding removing his shoes.

I now formally believe that everyone in Ohio is just like Bryan.

That can’t possibly be true, can it?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

That can’t possibly be true, can it?

Kenning posted:

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1715826313674518654

Becoming increasingly convinced that "Bryan Quinby" is a comic persona like Andy Kaufman or Joe Pera, and Guys is just his attempt to make it more obvious after nobody realized it on Street Fight.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I can't get over Bryan wearing shoes from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to sleep, including napping in the bed with shoes on, sweaty after a walk. Also saying that he'd refuse to go inside a no-shoes household

Still love this because taking off your shoes upon entering a house is the Most Canadian Thing Ever outside of bagged milk

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
theres also the part where, in addition to the fan noise, he only gets naked under the cover of darkness

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Glad he's doing jam band guys, I listen to a lot of electronic music so I feel adjacent to jam band/music festival guys. It's a rich vein to tap.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
He got very close to my neighborhood while researching Hip Christian Guys. Found someone looking for Christian Goregrind. I was over here going "Ah man don't let Bryan find out about gorenoise and goregrind. I don't need him making fun of my actual friends."

Ive gone back and forth on it but I am now thoroughly sick of Chris and his "Bryan is a sex guy" and "Bryan isn't Canadian" bits.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

UwUnabomber posted:

I am . . . thoroughly sick of Chris

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I know that the Metal Guys episode is inevitable if the podcast goes long enough, but I feel like he's good enough at finding more obscure types of guy that it'll be a while. My partner did take a direct hit on Warhammer Guys though lmao (it was a good episode)

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

UwUnabomber posted:

Ive gone back and forth on it but I am now thoroughly sick of Chris and his "Bryan is a sex guy" and "Bryan isn't Canadian" bits.

It's just rough when he does it with a guest who's regular confused. It can be a funny inside joke with the right setup or guest but a lot of times the guest is just kind of stumbling until he explains the whole thing to them as they "uh huh" along with it.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, how well his stuff lands really depends on the guest. Like I thought he was really funny in the Halloween and Chive episodes but I got mad at how he kept cutting off Merritt before she got to the real wacky stuff in the 40K episode. He kept trying to do it with the Rockabilly episode but there Brace just steamrolled him like "no, you're going to learn about this" which made it way funnier, though.

The real tragedy of the 40K episode was that if he'd given Merritt a little more breathing room, we might have gotten a beleaguered Chris trying to talk Bryan out of buying a 40K army

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
Yeah, he was especially bad during the Warhammer episode. There was an entire section of him cutting off Merritt explaining what WH40K is to get angry about not understanding what WH40K is. They barely got into it. He got so mad and he doesn't even know how dumb it really is!

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

It's just rough when he does it with a guest who's regular confused. It can be a funny inside joke with the right setup or guest but a lot of times the guest is just kind of stumbling until he explains the whole thing to them as they "uh huh" along with it.

The inside jokes are fine on the Sunday streams, but having to re-establish them with a new guest every week is loving painful.

Overall, it's still better than listening to the last year of Street Fight, at least.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Johnny Landmine posted:

The real tragedy of the 40K episode was that if he'd given Merritt a little more breathing room, we might have gotten a beleaguered Chris trying to talk Bryan out of buying a 40K army

oh god

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I put the Grateful Dead on in the background all the time. The dude saying he listened to a Phish show in complete silence and focus scares me.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
If I got married and my wife turned to be a chomper, I'd be like ahh geez louise

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Generally agree that Chris interrupts the guest too much and makes it harder for them to get into the topic but I do think the 40K episode got into the Guys aspect of it perfectly even if we didn't get an in depth look at 40K itself. The wedding invite is one of the more memorable guys.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I had a similar experience as Chris with the Grateful Dead in that I thought I was a fan as a kid because the local classic rock station would play a couple of catchy Dead songs like "Touch of Grey", "Casey Jones", and "Uncle John's Band".

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve become a big Dead fan the last several years so I’m really looking forward to this.

As for Chris, I think everyone is on the same page. He just needs to relax and listen more. Maybe his pranking just doesn’t translate to the format.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I need to check out Not Even A Show, I bet he's a lot better in a prank call honestly.

bartok
May 10, 2006

UwUnabomber posted:

I need to check out Not Even A Show, I bet he's a lot better in a prank call honestly.

I love his weekly Twitch stream where Rob Whisman and him make fun of Mike Huckabee's talk show and various Christian comedians but mostly Brad Stine.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I'm still pro Chris, I think he occasionally gets out over his skis with the running bits but generally he's quite funny.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

bartok posted:

I love his weekly Twitch stream where Rob Whisman and him make fun of Mike Huckabee's talk show and various Christian comedians but mostly Brad Stine.

Robs lowkey and deadpan nature is clutch for those streams

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I've never watched Chris' show but this comp of him pranking this loser talk radio conservative is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqyrZogTLOo

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I like bryan's stream where they basically just watch tom and bunny videos

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Wild EEPROM posted:

I like bryan's stream where they basically just watch tom and bunny videos

The plane story is maybe one of my favorite Brian stories and I think that was on the live stream. I think they might be the best part of the show.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001

40-Degree Day posted:

I've never watched Chris' show but this comp of him pranking this loser talk radio conservative is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqyrZogTLOo

the more recent & shorter libertarian snake guy compilation is also great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2CIsbQHKS8

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Zoracle Zed posted:

the more recent & shorter libertarian snake guy compilation is also great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2CIsbQHKS8

"...could be poisonous."

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

TheMightyBoops posted:

The plane story is maybe one of my favorite Brian stories and I think that was on the live stream. I think they might be the best part of the show.

I just watched the plane story and this is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mancow is a bad friend.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

MassRafTer posted:

Mancow is a bad friend.

Thank you.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Holy poo poo the Mancow show with Sebastian Gorka is unreal.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Oh my god, this is some of the most deranged audio I've ever heard. This is better than the Milo Yiannopoulos interview.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kenning posted:

Oh my god, this is some of the most deranged audio I've ever heard. This is better than the Milo Yiannopoulos interview.

There is more deranged Mancow audio, but this is the most humiliating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MassRafTer posted:

There is more deranged Mancow audio, but this is the most humiliating.

I'll tell ya, I love talking to ya