Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Alex got reenergized over thanksgiving and today’s episode of kf is a lot of playing the hits. Wonder how long these uppers will last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

rotinaj posted:

Alex got reenergized over thanksgiving and today’s episode of kf is a lot of playing the hits. Wonder how long these uppers will last?

Yesterday’s show was like half-rebroadcast following extensive promises that he’s going to get to your calls any minute now.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Grand Fromage posted:

Chicken fried steak owns. God has never spoken to me while eating it though.

Then your chicken fried steak wasn't big enough.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

Yesterday’s show was like half-rebroadcast following extensive promises that he’s going to get to your calls any minute now.

Alex even went into a shrieking fit by the end of the episode that knowledge fight was doing, slurring and being sloppy drunk on air

:lol:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

duz posted:

Mother of god

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
You guys ever watch the underrated horror movie Frailty (2001)? Alex is just like that, except god revealed itself in comfort food instead of a spray of metal grinder sparks.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

duz posted:

I know this is the Alex Jones thread but I'm going back to Texas in a few weeks for Christmas and I suddenly have the urge for a honker like that.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

duz posted:

Goddamn. Just the gravy alone is probably a days worth of calories.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I know this is the Alex Jones thread but I'm going back to Texas in a few weeks for Christmas and I suddenly have the urge for a honker like that.

Have a scribe nearby just in case the god seizes you.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Okay, I'm :canada: and I don't think chicken fried steak is allowed here under penalty of death, so I'll just ask... what is it and is it actually good?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Randalor posted:

Okay, I'm :canada: and I don't think chicken fried steak is allowed here under penalty of death, so I'll just ask... what is it and is it actually good?

it's a steak but u bread it and fry it like it was a chicken

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So is it any good? And, like, a whole steak or steak nuggets? Bone-in or boneless? Do you use a more tender cut of meat or a cheaper cut? Is it seared first and then coated? Is it fried in vegetable oil or beef tallow? I have so many questions!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What is a chicken fried steak? We don't do 'em here. Just a deep fried steak?

Siffl
Sep 3, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What is a chicken fried steak? We don't do 'em here. Just a deep fried steak?

It's a heavily tenderized steak (usually a cheap price of meat, hence the tenderization) that's been battered and deep fried, traditionally covered in breakfast sausage gravy. They can be great, they can be awful, depending on what truck stop you're at and how many heart attacks the chef has had.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I usually care about what i shove into the temple i call my body and I'd try to eat that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm going to make one for dinner!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

duz posted:

I want this in my body right now

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The food I mean

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Chicken fried steak is the new hot tub... I think

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It's the gobs of cum on top that really make the dish

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Chicken fried steak is very good and you can do it at home. I think flank is the traditional cut.

If you have had Wiener schnitzel it's an obvious descendent of that, but the breading is different and the white gravy is vital.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Grand Fromage posted:

If you have had Wiener schnitzel it's an obvious descendent of that, but the breading is different and the white gravy is vital.
Also it’s veal, not beef.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I was planning on just using the fried chicken batter I make but maybe I'll grab some panko too.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Randalor posted:

So is it any good? And, like, a whole steak or steak nuggets? Bone-in or boneless? Do you use a more tender cut of meat or a cheaper cut? Is it seared first and then coated? Is it fried in vegetable oil or beef tallow? I have so many questions!
It's normally made with cube steak which is a cheap boneless cut of meat. It is not cooked beforehand, just dipped in an egg wash, floured, and fried. Actual method of frying depends on who's making it - restaurants will most likely use the deep fryer, home cooks a skillet. Almost always cooked in neutral vegetable oil because lard/tallow is not commonly used in US cooking. Cube steaks are generally fairly thin so it cooks quickly. Gravy is a white gravy, which is super simple (basically a roux with milk and flour, salt and pepper to taste). It is eaten for any meal, normally served with eggs if it's breakfast. Also known as country fried steak. It also is one of those foods that is almost impossible to make taste bad, unless you gently caress up spectacularly. CFS rules and if you are not American definitely try one if you visit or look up a recipe online and make it at home.

Renegret posted:

The food I mean
Hey, I ain't judging you either way

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I was planning on just using the fried chicken batter I make but maybe I'll grab some panko too.

Panko is going to take it in the katsu direction, I wouldn't. It's fried chicken breading.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

SubponticatePoster posted:

It's normally made with cube steak which is a cheap boneless cut of meat. It is not cooked beforehand, just dipped in an egg wash, floured, and fried. Actual method of frying depends on who's making it - restaurants will most likely use the deep fryer, home cooks a skillet. Almost always cooked in neutral vegetable oil because lard/tallow is not commonly used in US cooking. Cube steaks are generally fairly thin so it cooks quickly. Gravy is a white gravy, which is super simple (basically a roux with milk and flour, salt and pepper to taste). It is eaten for any meal, normally served with eggs if it's breakfast. Also known as country fried steak. It also is one of those foods that is almost impossible to make taste bad, unless you gently caress up spectacularly. CFS rules and if you are not American definitely try one if you visit or look up a recipe online and make it at home.

Hey, I ain't judging you either way

You really undersell one point in there: holy poo poo can people find ways to gently caress it up spectacularly despite the effort required to do so. I remember cafeteria ones at a summer camp that were such bricks they snapped the plastic cutlery. We saved one and beat the dang thing with a metal hammer without so much as denting it. It was like Dwarven battle bread from Discworld.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Alex is coming back.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1733529033575465381

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao ok Elon. I’m sure letting the fatass beet-faced crazy person back on your site will fix everything

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

One of the local restaurants around here did Chicken Fried Ribs as the evening special a while ago, and I thought "why/how would you do that, that sounds like you're just overcooking ribs" and I was so loving wrong.

Best I could tell, they must've smoked the ribs, removed the bones, chilled them, then sliced them into strips. Battered, deep-fried, then served on top of a bed of mashed potatoes with brown gravy, but like, the darkest, thickest brown gravy I have ever seen. The same color as a bar of dark, dark baking chocolate. You could pick up one of the "ribs" with your bare hands and pull it apart like it was brisket once you removed the breading, but it would maintain its shape well enough if you just wanted to slice it with a fork. I had never seen country fried anything with brown gravy, but I think it would've been worse-off if it just had country gravy instead, it was that good.

One of those moments at a restaurant I'm not thinking to myself "this is great, I bet I could look up a similar recipe and try making it later" but instead "holy gently caress, I could never even hope to make this, this is a gift"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

bawk posted:

One of the local restaurants around here did Chicken Fried Ribs as the evening special a while ago, and I thought "why/how would you do that, that sounds like you're just overcooking ribs" and I was so loving wrong.

Best I could tell, they must've smoked the ribs, removed the bones, chilled them, then sliced them into strips. Battered, deep-fried, then served on top of a bed of mashed potatoes with brown gravy, but like, the darkest, thickest brown gravy I have ever seen. The same color as a bar of dark, dark baking chocolate. You could pick up one of the "ribs" with your bare hands and pull it apart like it was brisket once you removed the breading, but it would maintain its shape well enough if you just wanted to slice it with a fork. I had never seen country fried anything with brown gravy, but I think it would've been worse-off if it just had country gravy instead, it was that good.

One of those moments at a restaurant I'm not thinking to myself "this is great, I bet I could look up a similar recipe and try making it later" but instead "holy gently caress, I could never even hope to make this, this is a gift"

sweet jesus

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

bawk posted:

(food words)

My doctor put me on statins just from reading that post.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

bawk posted:

That sounds glorious.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So what’s your mission from God?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Cantorsdust posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/11/28/alex-jones-bankruptcy-sandy-hook-settlement/

tldr: Families offer to settle the $1.5 billion debt for $8.5 million per year x 10 years plus 50% of any income over $9 million per year. This represents only 6% of the total owed.

I understand why they would make that offer:
1) it’s likely the most they can expect to get from him in the first place
2) it gets them money sooner rather than dragging this through court for years
3) it gets that claim going now before further judgements come down in his other pending defamation trials, increasing the chance that they’re the creditors that get the money
4) it makes them look like reasonable people who made a good faith offer, which will piss off the judge if Jones rejects it.

However, some part of me is sad to see Jones not get nailed to the wall for $Texas amount of money.

Doesn't really make a difference. He wasn't going to pay the billion, and he won't pay this. He himself openly said as much.

The court will continue to do nothing even as he spends 100k+/month while claiming he is broke.

As badly and hilariously his case was botched, he is rich and the courts will not do anything to harm him unless his opponent is an equally rich man.

Edit: I'm still glad he is perpetually the most miserable being on the planet and will be until he dies from a rage-induced heart attack, hopefully live on-air.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 10, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Bible posted:

Doesn't really make a difference. He wasn't going to pay the billion, and he won't pay this. He himself openly said as much.

The court will continue to do nothing even as he spends 100k+/month while claiming he is broke.

As badly and hilariously his case was botched, he is rich and the courts will not do anything to harm him unless his opponent is an equally rich man.

Edit: I'm still glad he is perpetually the most miserable being on the planet and will be until he dies from a rage-induced heart attack, hopefully live on-air.

I don't believe anything else The Bible says, why should believe this?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

This ... doesn't actually seem too difficult. I'm going to give it a shot soon. Will report back on whether I get a download in the process.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

bawk posted:

This is totally doable at home.

Also gravy that dark sounds like it was Cajun style. They cook the gently caress out of their roux down there and you can do that at home too. You’re just going to be standing next to the stove, stirring like a motherfucker for a long time. Hope you have a podcast loaded amounts of time. It’s fun though.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

There is a restaurant not that far from College Station, Texas, where Chicken Fried Bacon is on the appetiser menu. Just sayin’

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Xiahou Dun posted:

This is totally doable at home.

Also gravy that dark sounds like it was Cajun style. They cook the gently caress out of their roux down there and you can do that at home too. You’re just going to be standing next to the stove, stirring like a motherfucker for a long time. Hope you have a podcast loaded amounts of time. It’s fun though.

I've never done it, but on Bingish with Babish his guest shows how to make a 5-15 minute dark roux. Basically, you get the oil smoking hot before you add your flour and you skip right to milk-chocolate colored roux. A great way to skip a bunch of stirring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORg_aXMsmA&t=187s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

Xiahou Dun posted:

If you take more than 10 minutes to get a roux to dark coffee color you're doing it wrong. Find a copy of the above, it's legit. Or Justin Wilson's Gourmet & Gourmand. I thought for sure he would have had a segment in one of his old PBS episodes, but akin to that first book, he just assumes you know how to make a roux or what are you even doing in a kitchen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4umRMJlrs&t=161s