Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fun hater posted:

new dr who seems like it sucks but old dr who seems like its bad rear end.

all the actors on old dr who wanted to kill each other for real which gave it more chaotic energy than the by the numbers new dr who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

all the actors on old dr who wanted to kill each other for real which gave it more chaotic energy than the by the numbers new dr who

when that one dr. who tried to choke out his lady companion after he regenerated that wasn't in the script that was a shoot

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Unperson_47 posted:

All those videos and bugfights is some real freak poo poo. I honestly can't believe any of that is allowed on the platform. There is no value in allowing it; it is pure cruelty.

A couple of the reptile keeper channels tried to do something about the super gross live feeding as spectacle channels, like "kitten crammed into an anaconda" type stuff but nothing came of it because YouTube is cursed.

Weird Sandwich posted:

One of the most famous moments of the classic series was the doctor deciding he couldn't kill Space Hitler before he made his Space Nazis. Whereas you have Tennant murdering things regularly. The doctors personal boundaries have always varied wildly between different iterations, both in the new and old series.

It always got to me that the Twelfth Doctor wouldn't take along a soldier as his companion when earlier incarnations used to pal around with the Brigadier and shouldn't his thing be about teachable moments if they want to learn? Well, whatever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Alaois posted:

when that one dr. who tried to choke out his lady companion after he regenerated that wasn't in the script that was a shoot

It was a worked shoot brother

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Weird Sandwich posted:

One of the most famous moments of the classic series was the doctor deciding he couldn't kill Space Hitler before he made his Space Nazis. Whereas you have Tennant murdering things regularly. The doctors personal boundaries have always varied wildly between different iterations, both in the new and old series.

Yeah the end of Tennant's first episode has him kill the alien villain with a satsuma while saying a one-liner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_APk84hv0I

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

every doctor who episode ends with the doctor explaining how clever he is and beating the monster of the week with a deus ex machina and nerds eat the poo poo up

There was a ST:TNG/Dr. Who crossover comic from a few years that highlighted why you can't really do crossovers with Dr. Who. Doesn't matter how smart you are, the Doctor is always smarter and more clever, and so all that ended up happening was that the TNG crew just ended up looking like some random guest chumps of the week while the Doctor was the Doctor. I really don't know what else I expected, it was just another Dr. Who episode, just in the Trekverse

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah the end of Tennant's first episode has him kill the alien villain with a satsuma while saying a one-liner.

This episode also bizarrely has him get very mad at the government woman for blowing up the slaver space ship. The Doctor and his minions are allowed to kill people, no one else is.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Doctor Spaceman posted:

NOT funny. this happened to me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Terrible Opinions posted:

This episode also bizarrely has him get very mad at the government woman for blowing up the slaver space ship. The Doctor and his minions are allowed to kill people, no one else is.

he's right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
those aliens that wanted to enslave and eat your people were innocents you are not allowed to kill them

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

RareAcumen posted:

Someone should introduce Mother's Basement to Homestuck. It has everything you could want! Game mechanics, incredibly complicated worldbuilding, incest, time travel, Con Air, casual reminders of how people just used to toss the r-slur out back in the late 2000's, and an author thay talks in an even wordier fashion thsn the Architect from The Matrix.

my friends got me to read that like two years ago because they thought it would be funny and I must have written like a dozen posts in our group chat that read like fuckin survival horror game journal entries where things get gradually worse over time and i go more and more insane with how fuckin stupid everything gets

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Tom Baker was a true loving maniac.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I AM GRANDO posted:

Still is.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

which one

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

there's a big doctor who fan named david tennant who is such a doctor who fan he got them to let him play the doctor on tv for like 3 seasons and then he even got his favorite doctor's daughter pregnant! very inspiring.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I preferred when Malcolm Tucker was the Doctor because you could just take audio from the Thick of It and splice it over Doctor Who and nobody would notice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arc Hammer posted:

I preferred when Malcolm Tucker was the Doctor because you could just take audio from the Thick of It and splice it over Doctor Who and nobody would notice.

Speaking of...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_gW1KvuFk

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/AU_Ak3t18Xc?si=b9A9r82i8EvB3sos

filmcow made a song

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
And thats why Tennant is the worst New Doctor Who
The ones after him were a lot less preachy (and Capaldi was just great...)
If only they didnt get terrible scripts half of the time.
But I will still argue that New Who had plenty of good episodes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DeafNote posted:

And thats why Tennant is the worst New Doctor Who
The ones after him were a lot less preachy (and Capaldi was just great...)
If only they didnt get terrible scripts half of the time.
But I will still argue that New Who had plenty of good episodes.

Half is a pretty generous assessment for Whittaker.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

Also, (unrelatedly) the new Jack Saint is a fun ramble.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5jEny6FhkU

good video. surprised critical drinker had a not-exactly-as-lovely-as-you'd-think take on that south park episode on wokeness. i mean, he flubs it at the end, but was generally on the right track. that episode, like almost every SP episode is typical "hey guys, both sides are equally bad :waycool: "that the show's been known for, for decades. there wasn't anything really out of the ordinary (except maybe cartmann apologizing i guess?)

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 30, 2023

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Yardbomb posted:

The bigger youtube problem with animals is that a whole lot of videos of "Animal rescues" are very blatantly staged, with animals that were already hurt or are being put in danger to then be "saved", plus a bunch of those come from a handful of SEA countries where there's really just no animal welfare laws to stop them.

"Look at this dog incidentally next to a venomous snake! But we'll save them!"

Yeah, I saw a video of a "rescue" of a dog from an irrigation culvert with a backhoe where it is clear the water was moving too fast for them to get the equipment in place in time if it was just happenstance. While trying to get the dog you can tell they cut its leg with the teeth of the backhoe. The amount of comments on the video of people saying things like "bless your kind souls' just makes me sad because you know they are going to do things like that again for views.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's just cruel.

He wouldn't know which way is up after Vriska starts taking over the narrative because they're not paying attention to her instead of 'saving the universe from Lord English and Caliborn'

Whirling posted:

my friends got me to read that like two years ago because they thought it would be funny and I must have written like a dozen posts in our group chat that read like fuckin survival horror game journal entries where things get gradually worse over time and i go more and more insane with how fuckin stupid everything gets

Which part, the Peregrine Mendicant, the green suns and the meteors? Or The Felt, the universe being a frog and Jack Noir being a cancer on the frog, or Mindfang's whole crew and all the info on all the trolls ancestors? Or did you just mean Lil' Cal?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Some of it's purely evil rear end in a top hat shock too, not that long ago I happened on a short that I forget what the content was even pretending to be at first, but cut to Ronnie Mcnutt blowing his head off again and just jesus christ.

hours late but I need to share this sentence from the wikipage about that

quote:

It was argued by [Facebook and TikTok] that the "dark web" was responsible for the ongoing circulation of the video.

oh word?????

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lmao how can it be the dark web. Social media sites are as normie Internet as it can be

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !
From the Doctor Who talk and how some of it was terrible, I think a few of you would like Diamanda Hagan's Twatty Who reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOt8i0lTzwayXodaWfin34hzYVToZL6V_

Playlist is newest to oldest, so start at the bottom.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bad Wolf posted:

Playlist is newest to oldest, so start at the bottom.

When I'm elected god this will be punishable by smiting.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Weird Sandwich posted:

Three doctors later he decided that while it might have been bad to blow up the space nazis before they got started, it was ok to trick space hitler into blowing up the entire space nazi solar system.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Fil5000 posted:

Three doctors later he decided that while it might have been bad to blow up the space nazis before they got started, it was ok to trick space hitler into blowing up the entire space nazi solar system.

Was that the 7th doctor? Sounds like him.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That's because Sylvester McCoy is a real one. Also the entire McCoy era was a grungey underground indie gig made with even less money than normal by a bunch of communist college students with the stated intention of overthrowing the Thatcher government.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

McCoy was my first Doctor and honestly still my favorite going from 'goofy little dude' to 'benevolent trickster god' over the course of his tenure.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dawgstar posted:

McCoy was my first Doctor and honestly still my favorite going from 'goofy little dude' to 'benevolent trickster god' over the course of his tenure.

Yeah, his run is a good time. Well, maybe not Delta and the Bannermen.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A classic, love those Carlin edits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXgB9Y6Htk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc

See you'd never notice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX3K6WNaL1M

Civvie plays Strife.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Alaois posted:

are you fuckers just not using the [video] tag out of spite

i didn't even know this existed... :monocle:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Whirling posted:

That good, huh?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Technology Connection's War Against Christmas Lights continues for another year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va1rzP2xIx4

He's celebrating some because a company has finally come out with LEDs that mimic C-7 and C-9 lights.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Alaois posted:

P sure that is The End of Evangelion. :v:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Yardbomb posted:

The bigger youtube problem with animals is that a whole lot of videos of "Animal rescues" are very blatantly staged, with animals that were already hurt or are being put in danger to then be "saved", plus a bunch of those come from a handful of SEA countries where there's really just no animal welfare laws to stop them.

"Look at this dog incidentally next to a venomous snake! But we'll save them!"

I watched a video of a kitten once and now my feed is full of this garbage. It's absolutely heinous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Zedd posted:

P sure that is The End of Evangelion. :v:

wish that I could turn back timey-wime
‘cause now the guilt is all miney-wine
can’t live without
the trust of those you love