Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

You think julia hart is letting britt anywhere near her womens division? Get real. stars dont need dentists holding them back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

you watched raw to see your favorite fed star cm punk. youre in the pit with them

My good friend JUNGLE BOY watched the bad show as a service to the forum and I feel that's honorable even if he should have known it would suck complete poo poo

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I miss Rebel. She lowkey made that deathmatch work so well because she was always setting up the next spot.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Britt would sink hard in WWE and she’d never touch the main roster. She can’t wrestle and has no defining characteristics besides being a dentist which only worked for her in AEW with it’s large british fanbase.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

Britt would sink hard in WWE and she’d never touch the main roster. She can’t wrestle and has no defining characteristics besides being a dentist which only worked for her in AEW with it’s large british fanbase.

It's true, we love the dentists, because our dentalcare is heavily subsidised by the NHS, therefore we tend to get upsold unnecessary cosmetic dentistry much less.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

good point

E: also, look who has reappeared to fix aew possibly

I thought this thread was for pointing out bad things that AEW is doing

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Where the gently caress is Takeshita? Why isn't he beating the poo poo out of people every week?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dromal phrenia posted:

Where the gently caress is Takeshita? Why isn't he beating the poo poo out of people every week?

Dude beat Kenny Omega clean and they just don't do anything with him. It's baffling.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Don Callis is the new Chris Jericho

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I rewatched the All Out 2022 media scrum and Punk was right about everything

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I rewatched the All Out 2022 media scrum and Punk was right about everything

Been saying this!!!!!

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

MJeff posted:

Dude beat Kenny Omega clean and they just don't do anything with him. It's baffling.

If you gave me a nickel for everytime someone was hot in AEW and then suddenly vanished off TV for a month...

projecthalaxy posted:

good point

E: also, look who has reappeared to fix aew possibly

The women's division isn't going to bury itself

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 30, 2023

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

It's so goddamn frustrating when he wasn't announced for the C2. Why is TK like this?!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

it is a crime

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Look, we've got to build Jay Lethal strong for his ROH Title match that already happened on the preshow and also he lost and also the title is in weird abeyance for this?

Theres no time for Takeshita to "workrate" or whatever. We're making movies here!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

As controversial as it seems, I'm going to say it

Takeshita shouldn't be in Jay Lethal's spot of "pin eater"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Completely fair! He just appeared in my head as replaceable. Here's the league, where would you (general) have put him?

Blue League:

Bryan Danielson
Andrade El Idolo
Brody King
Claudio Castagnoli
Daniel Garcia
Eddie Kingston

Gold League:

Jon Moxley
Swerve Strickland
Rush
Mark Briscoe
Jay Lethal
Jay White

I guess in the guise of "younger workrate dude who won't win but will probably get a couple signature victories and look good in defeat" maybe replace Garcia?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

As controversial as it seems, I'm going to say it

Takeshita shouldn't be in Jay Lethal's spot of "pin eater"

You could've just made a field that was all stars and let them wrestle and let people lose.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

You could've just made a field that was all stars and let them wrestle and let people lose.

I know and agree but since it's not Jay Lethal isn't the person I would want him to replace

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I know and agree but since it's not Jay Lethal isn't the person I would want him to replace

You're absolutely right. He could have replaced Andrade.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

You're absolutely right. He could have replaced Andrade.

Yeah that makes sense

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

That’s not how Tony books, never has been

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He should learn how to cut a promo first. Everyone in the C2 can do that, probably an important criteria for it since they have all those backstage promos in this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gumball Gumption posted:

He should learn how to cut a promo first. Everyone in the C2 can do that, probably an important criteria for it since they have all those backstage promos in this.

Takeshita can't cut a promo? What is this, fed stan Twitter?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If only there was some guy standing in front of and slightly to the left of takeshita who could do all that stuff and also be on commentary for his matches to make them cooler. Unfortunately there is no such person

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

claudio and brody king cant cut promos worth a poo poo and they're still good in this

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

claudio and brody king cant cut promos worth a poo poo and they're still good in this

Idk I think the crowd would pop for a Brody King promo that was just him doing the barking thing.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Warthur posted:

The Ric Flair hiring is the damning evidence here. His presence does nothing for anyone - it's not like anyone can feud with him and it's not like Sting needs him in his corner to elevate him. He is solely at AEW to get nostalgia pops. And there's a side order of hypocrisy because it's not like anything major has changed about the Plane Ride From Hell thing and he hasn't done a better job of demonstrating contrition than he did when the Dark Side of the Ring episode aired. It makes it blatantly obvious that the decision not to bring him in then and there wasn't a principled stance, it was just kicking the can down the road in the hope audiences would forget about it.

Flair is there to go to executive parties, whoo, woot and holler and rub elbows for Tony. None of them give a poo poo about his past, they just wanna whoo and take a photo. Frankly out of all the old guys in the business he is the best at building the AEW brand for that sect.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Takeshita can't cut a promo? What is this, fed stan Twitter?

Now they're gaslighting us about Takeshita :rolleyes:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I do wonder if it's Visa stuff with Takeshita cause Shibata apparently had to go back to Japan as well

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Except we’re getting Jay white vs Swerve and the show won’t have Nia Jax

none of that effects my stance that I Do Not Want Roderick Strong Doing A Best Friend Cuck Storyline. I want him killing dudes in the ring with backbreakers like the Darby match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
how is AEW so bad with Visa issues? Is no one keeping track of that? This happens all the time with PAC (besides injuries), Ogogo, Penta, Fenix, and Rush. I remember when WWE forgot about renewing Barrett and Sheamus visas years ago and that was considered are rare gently caress up

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Here are her defenses if someone wants to do the math. I think 9/11 to last week might be close to a hundred days?

regarding her not defending the title, she is still on TV every week in multiple segments in even the mens mainevent title scenes so she was still being used while other people were feuding over title shots vs her

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

how is AEW so bad with Visa issues? Is no one keeping track of that? This happens all the time with PAC (besides injuries), Ogogo, Penta, Fenix, and Rush. I remember when WWE forgot about renewing Barrett and Sheamus visas years ago and that was considered are rare gently caress up

The US government. Also a lot of those were lies. Sometimes those guys didn't want to job.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I figured that Britt was finally taking time off to heal. She had been wrestling hurt for awhile and had lost all the zing to what passes for her fastball, both in and out of the ring.
Either way; haven't much missed her. Even if she's only one of a very small handful of women who can carry an actual story.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

They had to change a match for All In due to a Visa issue. Near as we could tell their travel coordinator was "some guy who's friends with the Young Bucks".

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

regarding her not defending the title, she is still on TV every week in multiple segments in even the mens mainevent title scenes so she was still being used while other people were feuding over title shots vs her

Being Dominick Mysterio's manager despite being world champion isn't the flex you think it is

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

“Rhea Ripley isn’t a star” is incredibly PSP-Brain’d

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

She's a star but still utilized poorly because WWE really doesn't give a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
she's not the manager she's like clearly the leader of the stable and the only one important in the group of jobbers she bosses around lmao. and wwe was clearly behind her being the only woman in a mens stable and doing some intergender stuff where she was attacking and bodyslamming dudes bigger than her up to entering at 1 in the rumble to the end and winning the title at mania. Like WWE rear end but they at least try to actually make the women stars in their division when they actually care about them, same with Bianca