Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The current ownership trust really doesn’t like making hard decisions (see Portland and Dame Lillard) so I think it would have to get as bad as this years patriots for PCJS to get fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/HustleChillson/status/1728480839640785349?t=MZDJ1pHqy2qoYh7H1Z5lfA&s=19

Seahawks still above .500 and people acting like we need to clean house itt lol

On one hand I agree with you, but on the other hand, let's check in on this post in a few weeks.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chris James 2 posted:

Russ will have a winning record again before the Seahawks' next playoff win. I'm a Bronco hater and take no pleasure in reporting this

I mean, the Broncos are 5-5 right now. 9-8 isn't out of the question for this year before the Seahawks beat the Lions in the wildcard round and go on to get pasted by the Niners in the divisional round.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What do you think is your he evidence that they are over performing relative to their talent?

That sounds comparative but I don’t mean it that way. Curious on your outside perspective :)

I only watch their games against the 49ers these days, but my impression is that they have some great players but there are plenty of gaps on the lines. This season is let down a bit by the unexpected good result last year but taking a projected 4-6 win team to the playoffs and as of yet not totally regressing the next year is pretty good.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Lmao cardinals lmao

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
After watching that Bills/Eagles game, I'm pretty sure Philly is by far and away the best team in the league. I don't know how they lost to the Jets but baring injury, I'm pretty sure Philly is going to win the Super Bowl this year.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

OGS-Remix posted:

After watching that Bills/Eagles game, I'm pretty sure Philly is by far and away the best team in the league. I don't know how they lost to the Jets but baring injury, I'm pretty sure Philly is going to win the Super Bowl this year.

Exact opposite here, I’m just more convinced Philly is gonna drop a playoff game bc they gently caress around too much.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

OGS-Remix posted:

What about that game convinced you of that? They should've been down by an extra 3-10 points in the first half if the Bills don't miss FGs and the refs call the obvious roughing instead of intentional grounding. I thought they were incredibly lucky to get a win today.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
It's better to be lucky than good. And they're good on their own so if they're also lucky, I dunno how anyone can beat them.

You can say they got lucky KC's receivers can't catch and that the Bills RB ran the wrong route at the end but that sort of luck is exactly how teams win the Superbowl.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

is that some kind of football invocation of the gambler's fallacy?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Leperflesh posted:

is that some kind of football invocation of the gambler's fallacy?

It's a 49er fan getting worked up with anxiety over the next game :allears:

Eagles did not impress tonight, but they're unquestionably a good team. We'll see what happens!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

OGS-Remix posted:

Naw. They are the luckiest team in the league. They aren't bad. Well, defensively they are. But they are lucky as hell. Abuse a loophole in the rules like crazy. And have refs in their corner. They are less fraudulent than the Vikings were last year, but the Eagles should be 7-4 this year. Maybe 8-3. 10-1 is a joke.

E: bottom of this link goes into how high their luck factor is:

https://fansided.com/betsided/posts/nfl-fraud-power-rankings-eagles-most-overrated-nfl-team-01hfwfzzchb6

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 27, 2023

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

whenever the cards stink i remember how much fun i had watching kevin kolb just sling it around and go 8-8. we need to go back.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

OGS-Remix posted:

It's better to be lucky than good. And they're good on their own so if they're also lucky, I dunno how anyone can beat them.

You can say they got lucky KC's receivers can't catch and that the Bills RB ran the wrong route at the end but that sort of luck is exactly how teams win the Superbowl.

luck is not repeatable, it is uh...luck. it is good to be lucky but that is not an indication you will continue to be lucky in the future

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Being a niner fan is easy this week: we gonna lose and that's ok.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

If the Jets can do it we can do it

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I think the Niners are gonna win this game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Papercut posted:

I think the Niners are gonna win this game

:same:

The question is will they win out and can Dallas actually get their poo poo together enough to beat phillie.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

hifi posted:

whenever the cards stink i remember how much fun i had watching kevin kolb just sling it around and go 8-8. we need to go back.

Maybe Bruce Arians would like to come back

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Exact opposite here, I’m just more convinced Philly is gonna drop a playoff game bc they gently caress around too much.

Same.

The niners are way more physical than the eagles, so I think things lean in the niners favor.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Same.

The niners are way more physical than the eagles, so I think things lean in the niners favor.

This reminds me of how great it was listening to weeks of discourse last year about how much more physical the Niners were, only for the Eagles to knock both QBs out of the game.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who else is hyped for the Seahawks' ritualistic slaughter for a second straight Thursday

Join me in death :hawksin:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Benne posted:

Who else is hyped for the Seahawks' ritualistic slaughter for a second straight Thursday

Join me in death :hawksin:

Two Thursday games in a row? Who schedules this trash?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Two Thursday games in a row? Who schedules this trash?

2023 is the year of the schedule we deserve, not the schedule we want. So many primetime Jets games :(

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I think somehow the Seahawks pull out an improbable win here while still exhibiting all the flaws we know make them a pretend-good team.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nervous posted:

2023 is the year of the schedule we deserve, not the schedule we want. So many primetime Jets games :(

Everyone is excited to see the jets piloted by noted superhero a a ron rodgers, we need to schedule all these prime time games with him now that previous chosen golden boy the goat tom brady is retired (probably for real this time)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DancingMachine posted:

I think somehow the Seahawks pull out an improbable win here while still exhibiting all the flaws we know make them a pretend-good team.

I, for one, will be rooting for the Seahawks. Because gently caress the cowboys.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Mustached Demon posted:

I, for one, will be rooting for the Seahawks. Because gently caress the cowboys.

Meteors are still an option.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Meteors are still an option.

Universe already gave me Henry Kissingers corpse, I don't want to get greedy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Somehow get through four quarters and overtime at 0-0. Technically a tie, but we all know they both lost.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I am extremely pumped and jacked up for the Sunday football game between the San Francisco 49ers and Philadelphia Eagles

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Zach Ertz asked to be released and the Cardinals granted it; it'll be interesting to see where he ends up. 49ers need a TE?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39013892/cardinals-waive-zach-ertz-asked-let-go

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Bet he goes back to the Eagles since Goedert is still hurt

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Canned Sunshine posted:

Zach Ertz asked to be released and the Cardinals granted it; it'll be interesting to see where he ends up. 49ers need a TE?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39013892/cardinals-waive-zach-ertz-asked-let-go

What happened? Early in the season he was getting tons of receptions right?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What happened? Early in the season he was getting tons of receptions right?

He took the bus to work. Didn't have fire in his gut.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yuck, but go Dallas. Need them to be more rested and playing for first place next week.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I don't have much hope for the seahawks upsetting a good Cowboys team at cowboy stadium where they have turbofucked everyone. Can't believe they are still rolling with Jason Peter's.

Would be fun if they did tho bc gently caress the Cowboys but hard to see how they do it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seahawks/Eagles just got flexed to MNF so we can be publicly flogged in primetime again

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

EmbryoSteve posted:

I don't have much hope for the seahawks upsetting a good Cowboys team at cowboy stadium where they have turbofucked everyone. Can't believe they are still rolling with Jason Peter's.

Would be fun if they did tho bc gently caress the Cowboys but hard to see how they do it

They just need to have faith in the run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Benne posted:

Seahawks/Eagles just got flexed to MNF so we can be publicly flogged in primetime again

We used to be feared and glorious in primetime games. :sigh: