Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Komet posted:

After weeks of silence, there's increasing chatter about Kansas OC Andy Kotelnicki getting hired as OC at Penn State. Seems like a pretty good hire.

Both an excellent hire and an insane hire. Kansas runs what is absolutely considered a gadget offense. It's somewhere between a triple option and the spread offense that Willie Fritz ran at SHSU (his offense has morphed a bit for Tulane, surprisingly).

It's not what I ever would have expected to be run at Penn State, but it's dastardly when you get good players in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

No loving way. College football could never be that fun.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Komet posted:

After weeks of silence, there's increasing chatter about Kansas OC Andy Kotelnicki getting hired as OC at Penn State. Seems like a pretty good hire.

gently caress.

Really inventive and fun coach. Our loss to K-State was painful but partly because we were running some of the goofiest plays for our third-string QB and I was loving every bit of it. Will get too cute for his own good though, look no further than our final play against Arkansas last year.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
My wife is flipping her poo poo over Petrino coming back and I’m absolutely sincere when I tell her I don’t care one way or another because I have completely euthanized my concern

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
jesus h dickshitting christ petrino why

guess i can skip arky games until '25, ty for saving me the time

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Is his gf still in Fayetteville?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I assume she's wherever he left her.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

C. Everett Koop posted:

You think he’ll last til ‘25?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

Spencer was great at PSU, shame it didn't work out there. Isn't Raymond supposed to be the big time recruiter on staff? How's that going to impact this coming class? I think I remember yall were bringing in a top or so class

Those guys weren't primary recruiters on any of the top recruits still committed to Florida's class, as their guys already flipped within the last month (Wardell Mack to Texas, Nasir Johnson to Georgia)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Syracuse hiring Georgia DBs coach Fran Brown as next HC

...sure? I dunno. Not the a name I've seen connected there

UGA DBs have been real good this season. Guys speak highly of him.

.....that's all I got. Pretty journeymanish. Didn't want to swing for Schumann?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Is his gf still in Fayetteville?

No. She went to South Carolina and works for a teacher's union, and married the dude she was loving around on with Petrino.

https://twitter.com/PregameEmpire/status/1729594153225326844

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kayakyakr posted:

Both an excellent hire and an insane hire. Kansas runs what is absolutely considered a gadget offense. It's somewhere between a triple option and the spread offense that Willie Fritz ran at SHSU (his offense has morphed a bit for Tulane, surprisingly).

It's not what I ever would have expected to be run at Penn State, but it's dastardly when you get good players in it.
That sounds like a good way to get Allar killed, so I'm not sure about that.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Don’t worry, I’m sure Franklin and the rest of the PSU admin will choke the creativity out of the dude’s offense.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Roasted Donut posted:

This is a really loving weird settle for Lewis.

“Hi, would you like to be a millionaire in San Diego and have your job performance be measured against an already out-the-door Brady Hoke?”

Not to mention if Lincoln Riley can’t find a D.C, two good seasons and he’s the next guy at USC. Think it’s a drat fine job.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

“Hi, would you like to be a millionaire in San Diego and have your job performance be measured against an already out-the-door Brady Hoke?”

Yeah this guy has it figured out. Better shot at some longevity and if he works it out and does well he will become an ultra millionaire before long.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

C. Everett Koop posted:

He'll field at least a decent offense, Aggies certainly saw improvement with his involvement this year, even with 2nd-3rd string QBs and horrendous OL play.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1729922179045978155?s=46

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I like how the Citrus Bowl is called out by name.

And eight tickets honestly seems small?

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

How many volleyball players can he have on his staff?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Yates posted:

How many volleyball players can he have on his staff?

One at a time unless there’s something I don’t know about him

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Citrus Bowl confirmed a more prestigious honor than winning the SEC, Tennessee is redeemed

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I know it's just coach speak but I am excited

https://twitter.com/AztecFB/status/1729983968035123382

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF2-QS95nmc

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 29, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
“College football space” cmon son

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

That statement reminds me of https://youtu.be/WO-QTJer3vU?si=LEjod_7kXJMnl8yB

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

“College football space” cmon son

right? cramping on ucf's style

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

drat, now Bert is the only one still in the big ten, albeit at a different school.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Hed posted:

drat, now Bert is the only one still in the big ten, albeit at a different school.

Ferentz is still there, and always will be.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

The Cadaver Synod, but instead of a trial it's the signing for Kirk's contract extension

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

Oh good call, I can't believe I went through the list and forgot Iowa

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Looks like Houston is coming down to Willie Fritz, Jeff Traylor, and Barry Odom at UNLV. Fritz the frontrunner.

I feel icky poaching a AAC team for their coach in year one of the Big 12 era.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

dirty shrimp money posted:

Looks like Houston is coming down to Willie Fritz, Jeff Traylor, and Barry Odom at UNLV. Fritz the frontrunner.

One of us :unsmigghh:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1730288691656954033?t=gIIte6PWgpKYUiI71mPbJA&s=19

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Curt snatches a cup. "This is the cup of the King of Kings," he declares and drinks from it. Elsa screams as he grabs her, crimson and cream spreading over his body, the death rattle of "Indiana, Our Indiana" escaping his lips.

Lee Corso sighs. "He has chosen... Poorly."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I can’t help but think there’s some upward mobility for Indiana when they’re sharing a conference with the likes of Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, UCLA, and Nebraska.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I look forward to him being fired in 3-4 years

General Dog posted:

I can’t help but think there’s some upward mobility for Indiana when they’re sharing a conference with the likes of Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, UCLA, and Nebraska.

All of these programs win way more games than Indiana. Even Northwestern, somehow

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Curt snatches a cup. "This is the cup of the King of Kings," he declares and drinks from it. Elsa screams as he grabs her, crimson and cream spreading over his body, the death rattle of "Indiana, Our Indiana" escaping his lips.

Lee Corso sighs. "He has chosen... Poorly."

lol

Look, I don't know what the NIL and facilities situation is at Indiana, but they get every bit of TV money as every other school in the Big Ten. There's no reason Indiana should be stuck in the dumpster below NW, Purdue, or Illinois. If Kansas or Kansas State or Iowa State can be good with fewer resources in the Big 12, so can Indiana.

Basically Indiana has only been competitive (a .500 team) basically three times in my life: Antwaan Randle El as QB, a couple years with Kevin Wilson, and 2020 with Penix.

Komet fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 30, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Yeah, people in this forum keep asking Indiana has been winless year after year when in reality there just very low tier, far more pre-Campbell Iowa State than pre-Liepold Kansas. It's definitely not the worst job ever.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State hired Andy Kotelnicki from Kansas as OC.

https://twitter.com/danieljtgallen/status/1730335452538806697?t=6bAtg-XGcUGD7Muru0I08w&s=19

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

dirty shrimp money posted:

If they go with Fritz, wonder if Jeff Traylor is feeling OK with his decision to turn down Texas Tech and openly angle for the UT or A&M jobs. UTSA is willing to match what UH could pay and being limited to just the Texas schools, he might be there for a while.

He's also the reason why Joey got the job at Tech. As long as the wheels don't fall off for Joey at TTU, he could be there for a long, long time. Only UT and A&M are sure upgrades over Tech, and who knows if any of those programs look his way the next time they come open in 3 years for A&M and ?? for UT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Booo, don't help boring rear end PSU.

Hopefully he's one and done, immediately getting a HC job.