Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Dream Theater was my most listened this year,
Like every year.

Got message from Electric Callboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Issaries posted:

Like every year.

this is a cry for help

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I don't Spotify but my local media player tells me my top artists were First Fragment, Allegaeon, Nuclear Power Trio, Steely Dan, Stortregn, Avishai Cohen, and some goofy power metal poo poo that I only listen to when I shower or cook.

Also Horrendous is coming to town in like six weeks and I'm gonna miss it because I'll be out of the country.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wrapped is dumb for me because I’m always doing some sort of listening project or using shuffle rather than putting stuff on because I feel like it. My top artist was Rush because there was a week where I listened to five of their mediocre later career albums. My top song was played four times.

yeah, rush really had some stinkers on their way out (huge rush fan).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AARP LARPer posted:

yeah, rush really had some stinkers on their way out (huge rush fan).

Clockwork Angels is great in spite of production but I was listening to like, Presto and Roll the Bones that week to finish what I hadn't heard from them.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i can't forgive clockwork angels for introducing my dad to steampunk

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Issaries posted:

Like every year.

Lmao, what a snipe.

Dare I say you got the moves

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Deathlove posted:

I have to see that Twilight Force thank you video 🙏

I am trying, but uploading videos with sound apparently is /hard/...
Got it!
https://vimeo.com/890201280

Curta'n wall is the poo poo!!!

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 1, 2023

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Mr. Pickles posted:

Lmao, what a snipe.

Dare I say you got the moves

As a Prog/ Powermetal fan, I have no shame.
Rest of my top 5 were Avatar (Awesome live band), The Gathering (the new album slaps) and Angus McSix (cheese with extra cheese)

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Angus mcSix makes a whole lot more sense if you consider the guy is from Switzerland

I love how he just took all the swag Gloryhammer had and made another band and now Gloryhammer has nothing going for them

They don't even have the main storyline antagonist playing guitar AND bass for the band, poor Gloryhammer.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Mr. Pickles posted:

Angus mcSix makes a whole lot more sense if you consider the guy is from Switzerland

I love how he just took all the swag Gloryhammer had and made another band and now Gloryhammer has nothing going for them

They don't even have the main storyline antagonist playing guitar AND bass for the band, poor Gloryhammer.

I mean, the new singer is... okay, but he's no Angus.
I've listened their new album and the soul is just not there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ct7lPB-ut0

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Henchman of Santa posted:

Wrapped is dumb for me because I’m always doing some sort of listening project or using shuffle rather than putting stuff on because I feel like it. My top artist was Rush because there was a week where I listened to five of their mediocre later career albums. My top song was played four times.

This is my issue - I listened to a bunch of artists and poo poo but my top is something when a band comes to town I put their poo poo on non-stop.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Speaking of cheese. Dragonforce goes 11 with their new single featuring Amaranthe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GckErLDn4M

There's no cure for the 80:s overdose.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

They released a version without the lady like 3 months ago and I've been listening to it since and now this new one sounds wrong to me

I saw them a few weeks ago and songs surprisingly fun live. And honestly their show was just all around a blast. I knew they improved live since they sobered up and kicked out ZP but I was still tempering my expectations and I didn't need to

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 1, 2023

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I got Blind Guardian tickets! I'm so excited

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Killingyouguy! posted:

I haven't seen them since the Red Mirror-tour, but they were so good live.
Shame they aren't coming anywhere near me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Full of Hell / Nothing collab out today

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Killingyouguy! posted:

They released a version without the lady like 3 months ago and I've been listening to it since and now this new one sounds wrong to me

I saw them a few weeks ago and songs surprisingly fun live. And honestly their show was just all around a blast. I knew they improved live since they sobered up and kicked out ZP but I was still tempering my expectations and I didn't need to

i feel like you have to just hate fun in principle to not enjoy a dragonforce show.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i feel like you have to just hate fun in principle to not enjoy a dragonforce show.

I saw them in the early 2000's at a festival and they were so drunk and sloppy it was embarrassing. They're not really my jam regardless, but I'm happy to hear that they got their poo poo together because what I saw was legit horrifying.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My understanding was they didn't take the band all that seriously and then the guitar hero fame hit them like a truck

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Goddamn the new Vorga is going to slap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijlVk1cioT8

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Couple of months old but Almost Human by Wormhole is a banger. Like Artificial Brain and Abominable Putridity had a baby

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Killingyouguy! posted:

Money is tight but gently caress it, I bought tickets too! YOLO!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

remigious posted:

Money is tight but gently caress it, I bought tickets too! YOLO!

Money is temporary but the bards songs will remain

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

MikeCrotch posted:

Couple of months old but Almost Human by Wormhole is a banger. Like Artificial Brain and Abominable Putridity had a baby

rules, thanks

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mr. Pickles posted:

Thomas Winkler is a giant shitlord and a creep and the sooner his mangled horse carcass of a "band" fizzles out, the better. "Angus McSix" would've been funny as a one-line throwaway joke somewhere, spinning it into a whole (lovely) project is just loving sad. Dude just has to be the protagonist in something but has zero creative ability himself.

And no, I don't have a lot of love left for Gloryhammer, either.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Gloryhammer were never good

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem
Wait what did Thomas winkler do?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I don't have specifics, but I've seen (read) more than enough women refer to him as a gross creep - based on their first hand experience - that I buy it.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

Nordick posted:

I don't have specifics, but I've seen (read) more than enough women refer to him as a gross creep - based on their first hand experience - that I buy it.

Urgh, that sucks.
Tangentially, I just saw that Gloryhammer and twilight force are touring together early next year and a few years ago that would have been an insta buy from me…but not anymore!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nordick posted:

I thought that was the Gloryhammer/Alestorm guy who was the huge creep

Oh its both/all of them isn't it

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

my bony fealty posted:

I thought that was the Gloryhammer/Alestorm guy who was the huge creep

Oh its both/all of them isn't it

I mean Chris Bowes is a weirdo and has said some lovely racist and misogynistic poo poo, but I've also seen some accounts that he's shown some willingness to be better. I don't really know about that one way or the other.

I was specifically talking about Thomas Winkler independently of the whole Gloryhammer group chat debacle. Like he's not only a sex creep, but also just a complete egotistical jackass, according to people whose assessment I have no reason to doubt.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Hot Diggity! posted:

Full of Hell / Nothing collab out today

Full of Hell the best goddamn band on the planet I love them so much thank you for the reminder

Not many albums I can safely say changed my entire taste but hearing Trumpeting Ecstasy is on that list alongside poo poo like Loveless, Since I Left You, Madvillainy, Scum, Pet Sounds, etc. etc.

Criminal Minded fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 2, 2023

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nordick posted:

I mean Chris Bowes is a weirdo and has said some lovely racist and misogynistic poo poo, but I've also seen some accounts that he's shown some willingness to be better. I don't really know about that one way or the other.

I was specifically talking about Thomas Winkler independently of the whole Gloryhammer group chat debacle. Like he's not only a sex creep, but also just a complete egotistical jackass, according to people whose assessment I have no reason to doubt.

i mean given his plan was to gently caress a groupie of every race and called them all by the worst slurs possible im confused how your ire is aimed at winkler who was not in those group chats and bowes who was the worst offender

edit: sorry i misread the independant of the group chat part

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 2, 2023

szary
Mar 12, 2014
I heard from a pretty good source that Winkler got kicked from Gloryhammer for creeping on underage girls, so that absolutely tracks.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Getting kicked out of Gloryhammer for being a creep is like being too right wing for the republican party.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Surprise Power Trip reunion last night

https://twitter.com/metalinjection/status/1730964639012262290?s=46

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I thought it was kind of assumed that those guys would keep making music together? They were working on new stuff when Riley died I’m pretty sure.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the family was mad or some poo poo

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0XqcgGJjKN/?igshid=NzBmMjdhZWRiYQ==

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I obviously feel for the family, but this comes across as incredibly passive aggressive and entitled. Maybe it's just me.