Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Huge to have the 2nd place guy I'm facing using Dallas' defense and Myers as his kicker while I had Pollard. If only I would've started Charbs as well. But hey, I didn't think he'd score more than Washington with that matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Honestly at this point in the season I’ll take 16 from Pollard as my RB1.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Thanks again Ceedee you've been incredibly clutch this season

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
In one league I went against the following...

Dak, CeeDee, DK, and Ferguson. Probably the worst Thursday experience I've had, in terms of points scored on me.

In another, DK and Charb.

It's over in both. Luckily I've made the playoffs in both (no chance for a first-round bye in either). Otherwise I'd be... more sad about these.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

JSN is really eating up all of Lockett's targets huh :smith:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it’s me

hi

i’m the guy who benched DK it’s me

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

EconDad posted:

In one league I went against the following...

Dak, CeeDee, DK, and Ferguson. Probably the worst Thursday experience I've had, in terms of points scored on me.

In another, DK and Charb.

It's over in both. Luckily I've made the playoffs in both (no chance for a first-round bye in either). Otherwise I'd be... more sad about these.

Jesus is that like 100 points in that first one? At least you get to relax and not care this week.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Whoreson Welles posted:

absolutely, could have been much worse.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Bird in a Blender posted:

Jesus is that like 100 points in that first one? At least you get to relax and not care this week.

115.07 in that league's scoring. For the slight variations: Rushing first downs get 1 point. 6 point passing touchdowns. And, let's see... it's PPR but receiving yards are worth 2/3 of rushing yards. So, the value of receiving yards is "pushed down" a little.

Either way... I'm so dead and it's beautiful.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Whoreson Welles posted:

:same: at least the TD situation is regressing positively

Having Pollard and Henry has been A Time(TM)

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Bellmaker posted:

:same: at least the TD situation is regressing positively

I don't have Pollard anywhere -- didn't like the hype. But, if I had him -- I think I'd be "okay now". Relative to where you drafted him? No, he's not been up to that perception. But... now that he's screwed you in the earlier season... relative to that? He's doing great. Just think of him Pollard-ing you in small chunks -- week by week. "hey that didn't hurt so bad this week thank you Anthony Pollard"

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

EconDad posted:

I don't have Pollard anywhere -- didn't like the hype. But, if I had him -- I think I'd be "okay now". Relative to where you drafted him? No, he's not been up to that perception. But... now that he's screwed you in the earlier season... relative to that? He's doing great. Just think of him Pollard-ing you in small chunks -- week by week. "hey that didn't hurt so bad this week thank you Anthony Pollard"

With how banged up the first round has been (maccafferey and hill aside) he might still have been the right choice

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Imagine having CMC in a typical-sized league and not being in the playoffs. I've seen people pull it off this year -- in 10-12 team leagues.

Of course, sometimes the matchups get you. But -- I've seen it where the person in a 12 team league has CMC and just doesn't even try to put anything reasonable around him. Almost makes a person weep.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

EconDad posted:

Imagine having CMC in a typical-sized league and not being in the playoffs. I've seen people pull it off this year -- in 10-12 team leagues.

Of course, sometimes the matchups get you. But -- I've seen it where the person in a 12 team league has CMC and just doesn't even try to put anything reasonable around him. Almost makes a person weep.

I have CMC in my 10 team work league and basically need a miracle to make the playoffs. But look at how bad this draft is in hindsight:

:gonk:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Dango Bango posted:

I have CMC in my 10 team work league and basically need a miracle to make the playoffs. But look at how bad this draft is in hindsight:

:gonk:

Keenan Allen and Josh Allen have done wonders for my Pollard/Henry/Olave/Watson decisions 🙃

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

EconDad posted:

I’ve been a Pollard truther for years and seeing him breakout at the end of last year ruled. I had him as a keeper and was so pumped, hearing analysts take long shots saying “He could be THE RB1” I was stoked. I had Chubb and Pollard to start the season! What could go wrong?!

Fast forward to now, he’s been nothing short of a major disappointment. I’m not even that “Okay now” with him, I expected him to be putting up multiple 20+ point games the way this Cowboys offense has been humming. Instead I watch Dak look directly at him wide open and decide to toss to Brandin loving Cooks, or watch the O Line become swiss cheese at the 1 and he gets stuffed immediately, then they let CeeDee run it in the next play.

Basically I was expecting pre-bye Travis Etienne out of Pollard this season.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I look back at my draft and I took Kelce in the first, who has been fine, but he's putting up numbers that are barely better than the rest of the TE's that were taken way later. I could've had Tyreek Hill instead, sigh. Rest of my rounds were fine for the most part. Nobody taken right after have been that much better than what I got. Thankful for CeeDee Lamb for pulling my team out of the trash pile though. Best pick of the 2nd round for sure.

E: I just looked and someone took Mahomes with the 3rd pick, what a waste. Next guy took CMC, who is now in 2nd, and is probably the best team in the league.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

pmchem posted:

it’s me

hi

i’m the guy who benched DK it’s me

I had to play him due to bye :smuggo:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Finally rewarded for sticking with DK and Pollard all season, too bad I'm a long shot at making the playoffs because I've been starting DK and Pollard all season.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’ve been a Pollard truther for years and seeing him breakout at the end of last year ruled. I had him as a keeper and was so pumped, hearing analysts take long shots saying “He could be THE RB1” I was stoked. I had Chubb and Pollard to start the season! What could go wrong?!

Fast forward to now, he’s been nothing short of a major disappointment. I’m not even that “Okay now” with him, I expected him to be putting up multiple 20+ point games the way this Cowboys offense has been humming. Instead I watch Dak look directly at him wide open and decide to toss to Brandin loving Cooks, or watch the O Line become swiss cheese at the 1 and he gets stuffed immediately, then they let CeeDee run it in the next play.

Basically I was expecting pre-bye Travis Etienne out of Pollard this season.

Yeah pretty much all of this. I only got him in one league and I was mad. Thought he would be absolutely smashing. lol. It’s nice to see him scoring double digits but this was supposed to be the floor not THANK GOD :v:

It’s frustrating to watch him lose random opportunities to CeeDee and Dowdle. But I also can’t totally blame Dallas. If you watched the game last night an end zone target went right through his hands and bounced off his face. It was one play before he scored on a toss so it’s not like it hurt his stat line much but it was ugly. He was also getting stuffed for no gain loving constantly by a pretty mid Seattle defense.

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Fat Mike. But it does look like he came off his boomer rear end “scoring points is actually bad” offseason take and started giving the ball to his best playmakers. Which unfortunately for Pollard is Dak and CeeDee.

The Pollard truthers thought we were getting bargain CMC. And instead we got like, overpriced Alexander Mattison. Except on a better offense so sometimes he has ok games. Rather than let him rush for like 2 yards to ice the game they took a shot to CeeDee on fourth down (which failed). They don’t trust their run game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dak has looked ridiculously good for like two months now. LEAGUE WINNER?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Poque posted:

@MIA will probably knock folks out of the semis, they apparently play like rear end on grass

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Poque posted:

I dropped him since I had Herbert in like week 4, oops.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Yeah pretty much all of this. I only got him in one league and I was mad. Thought he would be absolutely smashing. lol. It’s nice to see him scoring double digits but this was supposed to be the floor not THANK GOD :v:

It’s frustrating to watch him lose random opportunities to CeeDee and Dowdle. But I also can’t totally blame Dallas. If you watched the game last night an end zone target went right through his hands and bounced off his face. It was one play before he scored on a toss so it’s not like it hurt his stat line much but it was ugly. He was also getting stuffed for no gain loving constantly by a pretty mid Seattle defense.

You do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to Fat Mike. But it does look like he came off his boomer rear end “scoring points is actually bad” offseason take and started giving the ball to his best playmakers. Which unfortunately for Pollard is Dak and CeeDee.

The Pollard truthers thought we were getting bargain CMC. And instead we got like, overpriced Alexander Mattison. Except on a better offense so sometimes he has ok games. Rather than let him rush for like 2 yards to ice the game they took a shot to CeeDee on fourth down (which failed). They don’t trust their run game.

There is something very weird with the Cowboys' OL and I can't figure out if it's scheme or talent. But their pass blocking is so much better than their run blocking. So I can't really blame them for throwing 35-40 times per game.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Poque posted:

I don't think I'll be winning my league, so the answer is no.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poque posted:

No, he’s on the Cowboys

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

EconDad posted:

I feel seen.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I also forgot to complain about half my work league not using FAAB (like at all, not just bidding after he was dropped) and letting the league leader pick up Zack Moss this week to fill a bye :argh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1730705043463024914?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

I haven’t seen anything about Noah Brown, but I have him and Nico + Stroud. If Noah ends up playing, I almost wonder if I should play him over Puka, tho the shadow report still seems to point to playing Puka

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm also starting Noah Brown out of sheer desperation because my bench looks like the Civil War scene in Gone With the Wind

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I have Olave and Tank and both are questionable. My bench is fairly deep, so if both of those guys are out then McLaurin it is.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I'm also starting Noah Brown out of sheer desperation because my bench looks like the Civil War scene in Gone With the Wind

Same. I have had to literally pick up two players this week because I have absolutely no one at all on a bench with 20 total players on my team due to byes and injury. We don’t have IR spots.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jakobiyashi Maru might be one of my favorite FF team names ever lol

e: vvv oh I didn't even notice the username hahaha

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 2, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

Jakobiyashi Maru might be one of my favorite FF team names ever lol

:tipshat:

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Who's the better end-of-bench WR stash, Noah Brown or Josh Downs? High-ceiling #3 in a high-powered offense, or high-floor #2 in a more mediocre offense?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ElectricRelaxation posted:

Who's the better end-of-bench WR stash, Noah Brown or Josh Downs? High-ceiling #3 in a high-powered offense, or high-floor #2 in a more mediocre offense?

Noah brown imo. Downs is getting TE numbers as a WR, while brown wasn’t played until wk6 and then went (½ ppr) 4.7, 7.2, 24.3, 20.7 and only stopped due to an injury. I haven’t been able to actually watch the games, but that strikes me as him getting activated and then unlocked

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Trade deadline is this week in my dynasty league. As a contender who wants to want to get out of bye week hell this week, who is the better option to go after, Dionte Johnson or Calvin Ridley? The guy who has them is not making the playoffs so I think he'll be willing to trade one of them. An alternative and possibly cheaper option is Derrick Henry, but it is dynasty and I don't really want to be stuck holding the Henry hot potato.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I'm trying to quit Twitter for Bluesky, what are the best Fantasy Bluesky users to follow ?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Trade deadline is this week in my dynasty league. As a contender who wants to want to get out of bye week hell this week, who is the better option to go after, Dionte Johnson or Calvin Ridley? The guy who has them is not making the playoffs so I think he'll be willing to trade one of them. An alternative and possibly cheaper option is Derrick Henry, but it is dynasty and I don't really want to be stuck holding the Henry hot potato.

Ridley

Dionte Johnson is not actually good at football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Dionte Johnson is not actually good at football

I’ve drafted him 3 years in a row and I’ll never do that again

He’s currently sitting beside Dotson on my bench