Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

FuzzySlippers posted:

the weakness the US has shown over the last few years I'm sure has made more US allies want to hedge their bets. Though I'm still surprised at the growing ties between Iran and KSA. I had thought antagonism with Iran was fairly well embedded in the KSA and then suddenly China makes peace between them. Doesn't that remove a reason for the KSA to make nice with Israel? I know the US wants all their allies friendly with Israel, but I had assumed that mutual antagonism with Iran was another selling point.

Hopefully there's some path to getting the KSA the gently caress out of the way of Ansar Allah.

One good principle to use with arab dictators is that they are dogs who will follow the master with the hardest hitting stick.

Iran has beat KSA silly in every strategic and tactical geopolitical battle they've been in, so they're trying to now balance between their american masters and not get hit again by the iranians.

Arab regimes have an ingrained image and love for israel because they've also failed against israel in every way, and Israel promises to help them stay in power from their pesky democracy-wanting population, so they're useful in that way. and they hate the palestinians because it's a beacon of hope for freedom.

I think what might happen as a result of this war is that Israel as a credible military and intelligence force is gone forever so alot of peoples political calculus will probably change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I heard Hamas has started to collect testicles as war trophies

no that's the IDF and it's for perfectly normal reasons :colbert:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the IDF is collecting piss now :psyduck:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

hell,

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/status/1731299624344777143?t=_Vaq5j9KxGLJOLwVD6BDbg&s=19

if you ever want proof Israel intends to wipe Gaza off the map, it's their resistance to putting even their lap dog Abbas in power there

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I heard Hamas has started to collect testicles as war trophies

Eli about to have to go on a commando mission

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

crepeface posted:

didn't Russia just sell Iran and Syria some s300s or something? c'mon, just sneak some into Lebanon.

They did to at least Iran, they also just confirmed a deal for SU-35s.

It is a open question what anti-air/ship systems that Hezbollah since they may include more advanced systems.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Is this actually a thing?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
don't you know? piss is stored in the balls

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
More zionists lies.

https://twitter.com/kayandhermind/status/1730740291353911719

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
CSPAM removes another of my liberal blinders...

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Family should've disowned him for being a Tory long before it ever got this far.

e:
https://twitter.com/JalalAK_jojo/status/1731055472843608284?s=20

I remember reading for years after the Israelis began their 2005 siege of Gaza of constant stories about how high tech the encirclement was, from magical missles in the aughts to using the most advanced pantopticon that tech starts could create in the teens, to more recently autonomous bots and AI. Israel would LOVE to have a Robocop/Skynet level of dystopian control over Palestinians.

And that all loving got obliterated by brave young dudes with rpgs and kalashnikovs. I think we should all take a second to take in how remarkable that is.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

crepeface posted:

ok someone better shoot down these planes so the degenerates of pedophile island learn they're not a great power any more

the children’s laughter recordings will pull double duty for killing british drones

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Shageletic posted:

I remember reading for years after the Israelis began their 2005 siege of Gaza of constant stories about how high tech the encirclement was, from magical missles in the aughts to using the most advanced pantopticon that tech starts could create in the teens, to more recently autonomous bots and AI. Israel would LOVE to have a Robocop/Skynet level of dystopian control over Palestinians.

And that all loving got obliterated by brave young dudes with rpgs and kalashnikovs. I think we should all take a second to take in how remarkable that is.

Perhaps the most elemental lesson from last century of what has been styled "counter-insurgency warfare" is that any alleged technical edge, materiel advantage, wunderwaffen, air superiority, sigint/surveillance, etc etc is no match for dudes who have their back to the wall, know the turf, and are fighting for their homes and their people with nothing left to lose.

And yet it remains entirely un-learned. Just one more magic weapon from raytheon bro. Just one more automated death machine and this time we'll be greeted as liberators when we invade and occupy in a total walkover with godlike impunity, I promise.

The wildly outgunned Ethiopians dropped loving boulders on Italian fascists Loony Tunes style in the 30's but every loving oppressor thinks they're just built different.

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 15:05 on Dec 3, 2023

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023

The Semen Extraction Units are calling it the two-for-one special

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1731314416392568867?t=UKN-blKdId3hXzhKBSmH6g&s=19

AnsarAllah back in action

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Voice of Labor posted:

iir, it's to disable or overwhelm the tanks missile defense system. after the charge goes off it gets hit by a rocket placed rpg and that's what really does the tank in

Appreciated, that's not really what I'm asking though. I'm wondering if these rocket attacks themselves tend to be lethal to the crew like being struck with a DU penetrator or something similarly robust. I mean, any way you cut it it's probably not good for your health to be in a tank that is even a little bit exploding, but I'm sort of morbidly curious if these tank strikes are as deleterious to the IDF's numbers as they are to their tank count - seems to me that even the latter, if the crews are getting away with concussions and humiliation and there's a tank husk left in the street, is pretty devastating to morale. Not really sure how to articulate this, but yeah I suppose if I attacked a tank from a tactical perspective I might stick around to make sure want the crew doesn't survive either, but from a propaganda perspective I could see it as advantageous (and maybe even a little funny) that Hamas operatives could be letting the crews walk away to tell their friends how they got ratfucked out of another tank.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Mister Speaker posted:

Appreciated, that's not really what I'm asking though. I'm wondering if these rocket attacks themselves tend to be lethal to the crew like being struck with a DU penetrator or something similarly robust. I mean, any way you cut it it's probably not good for your health to be in a tank that is even a little bit exploding, but I'm sort of morbidly curious if these tank strikes are as deleterious to the IDF's numbers as they are to their tank count - seems to me that even the latter, if the crews are getting away with concussions and humiliation and there's a tank husk left in the street, is pretty devastating to morale. Not really sure how to articulate this, but yeah I suppose if I attacked a tank from a tactical perspective I might stick around to make sure want the crew doesn't survive either, but from a propaganda perspective I could see it as advantageous (and maybe even a little funny) that Hamas operatives could be letting the crews walk away to tell their friends how they got ratfucked out of another tank.

The goal is to kill the tank, the tankers inside are kind of irrelevant, they aren't a threat without their armor

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hamas struck an IDF squad with mines and killed 8

Urgent | Al-Qassam Brigades: We exploded a minefield with a Zionist force of 8 soldiers and finished off those who remained alive from point zero northeast of Khan Yunis.

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1731311442094121101?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

also more IDF got wounded in a rocket strike on the lebanese border

Urgent | Israeli Army Radio: 11 Israelis, including 8 soldiers, were injured when a missile was fired at Beit Hillel in the Upper Galilee

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mister Speaker posted:

tanks are cramped so chances are someone is getting hit with a jet of copper plasma and shrapnel. If no ammo is hit then chances are the surviving crew will be able to get out but there may be a fire started that slowly burns out the tank. I'd guess that, unless they're very lucky, any penetration into the crew compartment is killing or very seriously wounding at least 1 tank crew. I believe the lethality of DU is a bit exaggerated as it was once rumoured that the over pressure alone would kill the crew and then later found to be bullshit. Basically if the ammo doesn't go up in a giant conflagration then at least some crew will survive.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
I hope crazy joe wilson keeps posting with us

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the probation reasons are p funny imo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bright spot!

https://twitter.com/comrade_sweezy/status/1731098610681418167

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

What the gently caress?

The T is missing in the first word, fool

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

They don't need to be perfect victims auditioning for humanity, obviously, but goddamn if the fact that in spite of being made to live in a man-made Hell by the Israelis they're still trying to look out for the little kitties doesn't make me that much more sympathetic.

I hope Animal Friends Shelter is doing okay.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

so who just took the financial hit lol. same Israeli guy as the other one?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

First word can't be "death" because there's already a T being shown

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cool guy with a lisp, Deash to Israel?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Homer Simpson with a mad magazine fold in:
"'Draph to Ismaml,' lmao oh those guys" *whipes tear*

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Cool guy with a lisp, Deash to Israel?

Daesh to Israel, specifically to their hospitals, to receive medical treatment before going back to Syria to keep fighting Israel's enemies for them

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I found the cheat code Hamas has been using to defeat so many IDF:

It is a good day for Israel to die.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/urarabm0m/status/1731086392409874706?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

uh oh war is widening

=======

‎Urgent | A Pentagon official told Al Jazeera: Missiles and drones were launched from ⁧‫#اليمن‬⁩ towards the US destroyer Carney and commercial ships in the Red Sea.

Urgent | Yemeni shipping sources: One of two ships believed to be Israeli, targeted by Ansar Allah Houthis, was hit in the Red Sea.

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1731328674698301640?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Owlbear Camus posted:

Perhaps the most elemental lesson from last century of what has been styled "counter-insurgency warfare" is that any alleged technical edge, materiel advantage, wunderwaffen, air superiority, sigint/surveillance, etc etc is no match for dudes who have their back to the wall, know the turf, and are fighting for their homes and their people with nothing left to lose.

And yet it remains entirely un-learned. Just one more magic weapon from raytheon bro. Just one more automated death machine and this time we'll be greeted as liberators when we invade and occupy in a total walkover with godlike impunity, I promise.

The wildly outgunned Ethiopians dropped loving boulders on Italian fascists Loony Tunes style in the 30's but every loving oppressor thinks they're just built different.

Well, this comes up in the WW3 thread often, and the key mistake here is that you're overlooking why no lessons were learned and why those things are relied on instead. They are all substitutes for popular support and a social contract. Ironically, Fukuyama talks about this in his book as well:

"On the level of the largest association, the country itself, lib­eral principles can be destructive of the highest forms of patriotism which are necessary for the very survival of the community. For it is a widely recognized defect of Anglo-Saxon liberal theory that men would never die for a country based merely on the principle of rational self-preservation. The argument that men would risk their lives to protect their property or their families ultimately fails, for property exists by liberal theory only for the sake of self-preservation, and not the other way around. It would always be possible to leave the country with one's family and money, or to evade the draft. The fact that citizens of liberal countries do not all seek to evade military service reflects the fact that they are motivated by factors like pride and honor. And pride, as we know, was precisely the characteristic that had to be subdued by the mighty Leviathan constituted by the liberal state.

The possibility of strong community life is also attacked by the pressures of the capitalist marketplace. Liberal economic principles provide no support for traditional communities; quite the contrary, they tend to atomize and separate people. The demands of education and labor mobility mean that people in modern societies live to a decreasing extent in the communities where they grew up, or where their families lived before them. Their lives and social connections are more unstable, because the dynamism of capitalist economies means constant shifts in the location and nature of production and therefore work. Under these conditions, it becomes harder for people to put down roots in communities or to establish permanent and lasting ties to fellow workers or neighbors. Individuals must constantly retool for new careers in new cities. The sense of identity provided by regionalism and localism diminishes, and people find themselves retreating into the microscopic world of their families, which they carry around with them from place to place like lawn furniture."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I saw this and thought "I bet I could actually get Field Marshal Mhewkov to wear one."

He purred when I put it on.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

uh oh war is widening

=======

‎Urgent | A Pentagon official told Al Jazeera: Missiles and drones were launched from ⁧‫#اليمن‬⁩ towards the US destroyer Carney and commercial ships in the Red Sea.

Urgent | Yemeni shipping sources: One of two ships believed to be Israeli, targeted by Ansar Allah Houthis, was hit in the Red Sea.

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1731328674698301640?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

It's called the USS Carney because they're all a bunch of clowns

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

uh oh war is widening

=======

SINK THE DESTROYER

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

fosborb posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/status/1731299624344777143?t=_Vaq5j9KxGLJOLwVD6BDbg&s=19

if you ever want proof Israel intends to wipe Gaza off the map, it's their resistance to putting even their lap dog Abbas in power there

Delusions they'll wipe it off the map maybe. I see stuff like this and I see proof that Israel is a nation of stupid spoiled children.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

Well, this comes up in the WW3 thread often, and the key mistake here is that you're overlooking why no lessons were learned and why those things are relied on instead. They are all substitutes for popular support and a social contract. Ironically, Fukuyama talks about this in his book as well:

"On the level of the largest association, the country itself, lib­eral principles can be destructive of the highest forms of patriotism which are necessary for the very survival of the community. For it is a widely recognized defect of Anglo-Saxon liberal theory that men would never die for a country based merely on the principle of rational self-preservation. The argument that men would risk their lives to protect their property or their families ultimately fails, for property exists by liberal theory only for the sake of self-preservation, and not the other way around. It would always be possible to leave the country with one's family and money, or to evade the draft. The fact that citizens of liberal countries do not all seek to evade military service reflects the fact that they are motivated by factors like pride and honor. And pride, as we know, was precisely the characteristic that had to be subdued by the mighty Leviathan constituted by the liberal state.

The possibility of strong community life is also attacked by the pressures of the capitalist marketplace. Liberal economic principles provide no support for traditional communities; quite the contrary, they tend to atomize and separate people. The demands of education and labor mobility mean that people in modern societies live to a decreasing extent in the communities where they grew up, or where their families lived before them. Their lives and social connections are more unstable, because the dynamism of capitalist economies means constant shifts in the location and nature of production and therefore work. Under these conditions, it becomes harder for people to put down roots in communities or to establish permanent and lasting ties to fellow workers or neighbors. Individuals must constantly retool for new careers in new cities. The sense of identity provided by regionalism and localism diminishes, and people find themselves retreating into the microscopic world of their families, which they carry around with them from place to place like lawn furniture."

Liberal atomization is probably also why westoids who haven't even tried on the They Live glasses can't see very blatant ethnic cleansing for what it is. "It's not like they're killing them, just move to another place, no big deal. They speak the same language and their stuff's already bombed anyway."

I mean, it's a wild failure of empathy, too. Would the average New Yorker respond to "hey for your own safety move to Mexico, after all you're all North Americans right?" Or hell, Dayton Ohio.

But I think you get their from the same general place. I'm actually reminded of Jefferson's comments about Indian relocation musing about this, too. "Hey is making them march to a whole other part of the continent really any different from what our forefathers did when they sailed the Atlantic? Could be good for them, really."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Delusions they'll wipe it off the map maybe. I see stuff like this and I see proof that Israel is a nation of stupid spoiled children.

“Stupid spoiled children” is a weird way to spell “Horrible monsters who should be tried and sent to labor camps for the rest of their lives for crimes against humanity.”