Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So I've been wondering if there were plans for a sequel to Build Fighters Try that never happened, since it seemed like it set up a bunch of stuff (like the Crossbones guy) that didn't feel like it paid off. The manual for the Shin Burning mentions a few events that sound like they might have been interesting, like assembling his gunpla blindfolded and "reverse assimilation" which seems vaguely explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/caljeal/status/1731149362066317368?s=46&t=FW-Tr0tJUb02ZtdRvPGRQQ

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Requiem for Vengeance is being produced for Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZTVPV1RxOs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looks like lovely Zeon fanwank. Also, pick a better font if you're gonna try the punchy text blurb gundam previews.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Calling the OYW "the Revolutionary War" is giving me big "War of Northern Aggression" vibes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Waffleman_ posted:

Calling the OYW "the Revolutionary War" is giving me big "War of Northern Aggression" vibes

Lol yeah definitely

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like I know it's about Zeon soldiers but come on

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Zeon FTW, looks very cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That voice acting makes me think of the old Gundam toy commercial. "I need ten minutes" "You got five!!"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

calling it the eastern front certainly has some connotations

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Looks a bit too boring to be a true IGLOO successor, but we'll see.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Cool robot explosions at least.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That Works posted:

Cool robot explosions at least.

Thats mainly what I'm expecting, neat visuals and shot composition. The story of the zeon squad in the dying days of the one year war is one thats been told across the whole franchise at least 30 times now, its pretty well trodden. But looking neat can be a worthwhile quality all its own.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

since it seems to be describing a successful zeon war for independence, with the current conflict being a war between fully formed nation states rather than a fascist uprising, i think it's potentially acceptable. that's a more easy to comprehend political state and "revolutionary war" is a fine enough way of quickly communicating that to the audience. that's giving them some benefit of the doubt they probably don't deserve though.

i did appreciate seeing the goofy zeon tank

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zeon was already independent

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think he's saying if this is meant to be an alternate continuity OYW ala Thunderbolt then it's possible that it was a revolution and not what it actually was.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

An early Christmas present, thank you.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I get people's concerns but "requiem for vengeance'" is so edge lord that it makes me love the name.

Also that shot of the gundam at the end is legitimately good.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Strictly speaking, Zeon (republic of, located in side 3) was independent for a good 20 years post OYW right? Depending on when the narrator is speaking from they could plausibly see it as a revolution that succeeded in creating an independent space state, even if they lost the war

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Strictly speaking Side 3 was functionally independent with about 15 years before the One Year War, following Deikun's original revolution. Side 3 was recognized as autonomous following that, but the Federation had so little oversight of Side 3 that they may as well be actually independent, and probably could have achieved independence in name as well as spirit via economics and politics within a decade or two if that was something the Zabis (specifically Gihren) actually gave a poo poo about.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Waffleman_ posted:

lol yep

Sharkopath posted:

Thats mainly what I'm expecting, neat visuals and shot composition. The story of the zeon squad in the dying days of the one year war is one thats been told across the whole franchise at least 30 times now, its pretty well trodden. But looking neat can be a worthwhile quality all its own.

Yeah, I'll watch it for that reason alone, as the visuals were nice for what was shown.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i always understood it as zeon were functionally independent prior to the war but "on paper" were still under the governance of the federation. independence was their justification for launching the war, doesn't the 0079 opening narration say it's their war for independence?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
People were horrified by the atrocities that had been committed in the name of independence. Eight months had passed since the rebellion began. They were at a stalemate.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 3, 2023

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

yeah that. so the movie reads to me like instead of only being on paper independent, zeon has already achieved de jure independence through warfare and the events of the movie are a fully independent zeon attacking the federation again. presumably stuff like the colony drop was in their initial war for independence. in this sequence of events "revolutionary war" seems fine?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, I love VOTOMS

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

think of the gunpla tho

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watch the Gundam in this series get a Master Grade.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope it looks better as a model

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Watch the Gundam in this series get a Master Grade.

:negative:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Monaghan posted:

Also that shot of the gundam at the end is legitimately good.

Only because it's so dark you can't actually see the poo poo-rear end design of the gundam.

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah, I love VOTOMS

Wide Zaku

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

this is a ploy by big spike to sell more spikes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's funny that anitwitter is going off about Requiem for Vengeance being American Hollywood style when Erasmus Brosdau is German. That tells me a lot more about the eastern front ww2 vibes it's going for.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nothing more I want to see than a German's opinion on "The War of Revolution" on the "Eastern Front".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Meanwhile I don't wanna hear anything about Gundam from a Warhammer 40K fan

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

:smith:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Waffleman_ posted:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/GundamInfoNA/status/1731772869665837133?t=widX8FDMynliiEd_wFOHSA&s=19

Gundam VR show, maybe? Put you in a 3 dimensional cockpit?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

From my limited experience in Project Wingman VR, I can only assume this will be incredibly vomit worthy, but in a good way. That said, gently caress Gundam VR, let's go Macross VR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Just go to a karaoke bar if you want that, really.