Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
I buckle up almost automatically without thinking when I get into a vehicle. I can't imagine putting up with the annoying alarms so much and spending extra money just to bypass what takes all of 1 or 2 seconds when you enter and exit the car. And you know those types of people are the same folks who roll through stop signs and weave between closely spaced cars to pass instead of waiting a couple of seconds. Crazy but understandable that the relative ubiquity of seeing totaled wrecks and emergency vehicles on any given road translates to a little under 2% of our entire gdp being spent on car crash response annually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

FINE. I'll pick up Crossings.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Crossings sounds good but I'm not sure I need something to make me even more depressed about cars and the environment right now

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a good book to read is, moby dick

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

call me uninterested

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

a good book to read is, moby dick

It's kinda big to have on the wheel though

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

turks get offended if you put on a seatbelt when you're riding with them; it implies they are bad drivers.

if you want to get a really fast ride, try putting on a seatbelt in a cab -- this will infuriate the driver, who will start driving more dangerously out of spite. you might have to dig around or lift up the whole back seat to get to the seatbelt though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wear my seatbelt in a taxi cause i dont want to break my nose on a plexiglass barrier randomly

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Do the people buying this poo poo not have scissors or a kitchen knife? Seems like a cheaper/easier solution

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Do the people buying this poo poo not have scissors or a kitchen knife? Seems like a cheaper/easier solution

You cannot harm the car

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

500excf type r posted:

You cannot harm the car

i could easily harm a car

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

in that case why not just buckle it behind your back before damaging the belt?

the reason is that they look for these devices because you need to be able to pop it out and buckle up as you are being pulled over

unrelated: why is this thread on slow mode? is it a joke about traffic calming? bravo!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Real hurthling! posted:

in that case why not just buckle it behind your back before damaging the belt?

the reason is that they look for these devices because you need to be able to pop it out and buckle up as you are being pulled over

unrelated: why is this thread on slow mode? is it a joke about traffic calming? bravo!

lobster shirt posted:

done and done

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in awe of your jocundity

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The thread is on slow mode because it gets oddly feisty sometimes and therefore the mods like loving with it

lobster shirt posted:

i could easily harm a car

When I was maybe 21!and drunk stumbling out of a bar a friend of mine said something like “watch your step you don’t want to get run over by a car” and I was like “gently caress that I’ll run over a car” and I then proceeded to step onto the hood of a parked car and walk across the roof

Good thing (unfortunately?) the owner wasn’t around I’d probably have been shot and no one would be able to read my posts

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

duomo posted:

https://twitter.com/universalhub/status/1730976713276797333

SUV goes around car stopped at crosswalk and creams pedestrian in recently road-dieted street. refuses to take responsibility for their actions. many such cases!

what the gently caress dude? are you not going to mention the new road configuration and Solar Glare, both of which made it impossible for the driver to avoid hitting the pedestrian?

look, we all hate cars here, but let’s focus our efforts on real negligence and not innocent jeep drivers.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Real hurthling! posted:

Mods wouldn't let us add bollards

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
feels good and rebellious to drive unbuckled. sometimes drive a block unleashed….. feral … red blooded … virile…. lockean liberty. don’t tread on me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

call me uninterested

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

turks get offended if you put on a seatbelt when you're riding with them; it implies they are bad drivers.

if you want to get a really fast ride, try putting on a seatbelt in a cab -- this will infuriate the driver, who will start driving more dangerously out of spite. you might have to dig around or lift up the whole back seat to get to the seatbelt though.

Turks are cool

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Smythe posted:

feels good and rebellious to drive unbuckled. sometimes drive a block unleashed….. feral … red blooded … virile…. lockean liberty. don’t tread on me

vroom vroom

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

honk honk beep beep

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

500excf type r posted:

You cannot harm the car

snipping your seatbelt is like circumcising your car. it symbolizes your covenant with god

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smythe posted:

feels incredible to explode like a marinara balloon when my 300 pound MiL is hitting you like e honda's flying sumo headbutt out of her suv windshield at 120 mph

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

feels incredible to explode like a marinara balloon when my 300 pound MiL is hitting you like e honda's flying sumo headbutt out of her suv windshield at 120 mph

very evocative phrasing lmao.

https://youtu.be/Q5tmeV85t6I?feature=shared

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

mawarannahr posted:

so that's why my cab driver went 100 mph between the old airport and Sultanahmet lol

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
It snowed heavily today on my city and I went out for a nice little bike ride for coffee in the park. Me and everyone walking were enjoying ourselves while the car jerks were losing their loving minds.

A+ time, highly recommend a nice slow bike ride in the snow.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
What is the deal with the thread title?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ham Equity posted:

What is the deal with the thread title?

Former mod neatheterodude got hit by cars a lot

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I hate cars: best thing you could do for the planet is bomb all the roads

cars are more fun to drive when theres no road

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

Former mod neatheterodude got hit by cars a lot

Probably bad leash skills. Dogs have trouble comprehending traffic. His handler should have paid more attention

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/lukiedos/status/1731027383698784569

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

god i wish that were me

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

wtf I love TikTok now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
all cars are being samified but its gonna be real interesting how wtf ev's will do to it. people whining about the cybertruck but, at its most base level, exist because literally everything is the same. Every car looks like it was stolen from a video game rather than the other way around lol. used to be motorsport drove sales, but wtf on the EV side is doing that. Formula E is like trying to do f-zero irl but those things look like spaceships so you can't really sell it. You can't really differentiate EV cars intended for consumers outside of the frame because its just 4 motors and a battery, so its a shitload of weight low and can output a fuckton of torque. fancy electronics i suppose, literally driving sideways. thats about it. You can make wittle cars with it I guess.

Basically, car culture is dying but not the way everyone itt wants :smugdon:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

has anyone called it the soybertruck yet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yoink

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Smythe posted:

gonna take you for a ride in tbe back if my buddies kei truck you’re gonna look like wolverine by the end of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/i/status/1466796084202717185