Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat posts.txt
Oct 16, 2023

CainFortea posted:

a cat posted this.

They are also delicious tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FreudianSlippers posted:

If they're so cool they wouldn't all be dead.
Name a cool person who is alive

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

cat posts.txt posted:

They are also delicious tbf

I have to disagree with you there, but then I'm not a big fan of Cantonese cuisine.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Oh, window impacts go without saying. My living room window almost always has a greasy pigeon splat mark on it; every so often the management company has the windows cleaned and then another pigeon will slam into it. Even if the curtains are closed or if something is on the windowsill. Never once seen a corvid or other bird do it, only pigeons.

I once saw a pigeon do its little head-bob horny dance at another pigeon and actually get a receptive response. The horny pigeon stopped, looked confused for a second, and flew off. They’re absolutely gormless, it’s delightful.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lot more animals being hurt in this thread lately than humans :(

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave

TACD posted:

I once saw a pigeon do its little head-bob horny dance at another pigeon and actually get a receptive response. The horny pigeon stopped, looked confused for a second, and flew off.

I now feel a profound spiritual connection with this pigeon in particular.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

The pigeon-guided bombs B.F. Skinner was working on in WW2 had something like a 50%-60% accuracy rate in the simulator they built to train the pigeons, though this was against ideal target orientation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1731397923299062043?s=20

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Counterpoint

https://i.imgur.com/xZKl5I2.mp4

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Keep the park clean for the pidgeons < :mad: >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgxsPNudv6U

Honestly this is making me want to get a Christmas tree, for my cats. (I'm Jewish)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hyperlynx posted:

Honestly this is making me want to get a Christmas tree, for my cats. (I'm Jewish)

Don't you have a tree on Jewmas??

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hyperlynx posted:

I mean, you won't have to worry about some family Christmas ornament passed down from your grandparents getting broken.

PSA, don't let your cats drink the water you have in the base, danger isn't great, but pine trees have something in them that can make them sick.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Come to think of it, eating tinsel isn't great for them either

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

Come to think of it, eating tinsel isn't great for them either

I dare anyone to try to loving stop me from eating tinsel

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Air Skwirl posted:

I mean, you won't have to worry about some family Christmas ornament passed down from your grandparents getting broken.

Instead you get to worry about the menorah getting knocked over and starting a fire.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Crescent Wrench posted:

Lotta sky rat sympathizers itt

That's perennial thread favorite The Seagull

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

That's perennial thread favorite The Seagull

Perennial as in referring to the perinium?

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Hyperlynx posted:

Wouldn't you need 8 of them?

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
There was a plan here, and I'd like to think it was a success.

https://i.imgur.com/1TbvtD8.mp4

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

freeedr posted:

I dare anyone to try to loving stop me from eating tinsel

I see a spray bottle in your future.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

That pheasant wants to fuuuuuuck.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I'd like to think that hawk's thought process was this:

Are you serious dude?

No I mean are you for loving seroius?

No, get the gently caress out. You done hosed up.

I got you now bitch.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Hippocrass posted:

Wouldn't you need 8 of them?

Oh, I mean, not to commemorate or celebrate anything. Just literally for them to play in, 365 days a year. A Catmas tree, if you will.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

In the pigeon's defense those things are a very different shape when they're folded up

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

dialhforhero posted:

I'd like to think that hawk's thought process was this:

Are you serious dude?

No I mean are you for loving seroius?

No, get the gently caress out. You done hosed up.

I got you now bitch.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

That's a wood pidgeon, and they are the most spectacularly stupid animals I've ever had the pleasure to observe or be friends with. They mate for life, and spend a lot of the middle of a summer as a pair kissing each other on your garden fence, which is just plain cute.

They also get confused by moving, sitting, or sometimes just breathing. I've seen one take 45 minutes to figure out that the bird house roof it was sitting on, and the food 6 inches under that, just required it to hop. One hop, there was a fence a foot away to hop on.

Looking here, looking there, nope, could not figure it out.

I love them, but there's a reason why the foxes around here use them as dinner buffets, they're dumb as bricks. No, a brick would be smarter, it wouldn't drown in a bird bath.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Hexyflexy posted:

That's a wood pidgeon, and they are the most spectacularly stupid animals I've ever had the pleasure to observe or be friends with. They mate for life, and spend a lot of the middle of a summer as a pair kissing each other on your garden fence, which is just plain cute.

They also get confused by moving, sitting, or sometimes just breathing. I've seen one take 45 minutes to figure out that the bird house roof it was sitting on, and the food 6 inches under that, just required it to hop. One hop, there was a fence a foot away to hop on.

Looking here, looking there, nope, could not figure it out.

I love them, but there's a reason why the foxes around here use them as dinner buffets, they're dumb as bricks. No, a brick would be smarter, it wouldn't drown in a bird bath.

Part of that is that pigeons/doves are ground feeders. You need to use a flat tray or something on the ground where the squirrels can beat them to it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My uncle breeds various types of pigeons and while some of them are very pretty most of them are dumb as poo poo..

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The schad is on me as I've now lost at Whamageddon.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Sirotan posted:

The schad is on me as I've now lost at Whamageddon.

the "rules" of whamageddon state it's not a battle royale- i do not participate so this was a fantastic hand grenade to toss at people who post about it on fb

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Every time someone says they "lose" at this thing I feel like you've won. That song's a banger.

I never participated or liked "the game." Everyone just cascading in a series of "oh poo poo I lose the game." It's the same as yelling HEY EVERYONE I THOUGHT OF A MOOSE and everyone yelling YOU MADE ME THINK OF A MOOSE

That game would be a lot more fun, actually. Can we make a moose game?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Does it involve being bitten by a moose?

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/PvAxN1T.mp4

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Can't skate there mate!

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I wouldn't eat one from a city, but pigeon from the countryside is delicious. Pan fried with some butter and rosemary, roast potato and honey glazed yams...

drat now I'm hungry, wonder if my neighbor still has those ones in his grain shed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bird was dejected that the mango tree was empty.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1731513694129938546?s=20

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hyperlynx posted:

Just make a really big menorah and put trees in it.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Hexyflexy posted:

They mate for life, and spend a lot of the middle of a summer as a pair kissing each other on your garden fence, which is just plain cute.
D’awww 🥰

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
One from the PYF Comics thread that seems appropriate here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

credburn posted:

Every time someone says they "lose" at this thing I feel like you've won. That song's a banger.

I never participated or liked "the game." Everyone just cascading in a series of "oh poo poo I lose the game." It's the same as yelling HEY EVERYONE I THOUGHT OF A MOOSE and everyone yelling YOU MADE ME THINK OF A MOOSE

That game would be a lot more fun, actually. Can we make a moose game?

You got me. I started thinking of a moose. Well played.