Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

wemgo posted:

For this league, at least in softcore, the best answer to the question “what build can do <insert any mechanic here>?” is LA -> TS Gem Quality Stacking Deadeye.

Probably, have you seen any good league start video guides you can share with the class. Debating between that and TR pathfinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
I think I'm going to be dumb and do a frost blades raider with the goal of transitioning to flicker strike. By this I mean I'm going to start using flicker way before I should and explode myself jumping into packs.

I didn't really play much during Ultimatum; from the looks of it I assume that pretty much any build that can survive being trapped in a small area will do ok at it, correct? Also, were there any particular modifiers that were super deadly and should be avoided?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Look up if your build relied on heatshiver/ trinity

That is more or less gone

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

JTDistortion posted:

I think I'm going to be dumb and do a frost blades raider with the goal of transitioning to flicker strike. By this I mean I'm going to start using flicker way before I should and explode myself jumping into packs.

I didn't really play much during Ultimatum; from the looks of it I assume that pretty much any build that can survive being trapped in a small area will do ok at it, correct? Also, were there any particular modifiers that were super deadly and should be avoided?

They said they've rebalanced and added a bunch of modifiers, so there's no way to know.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JTDistortion posted:

Frost Blade was one of my worst campaign league start experiences. I was Trickster, so I dunno how much of a difference that makes, but bosses were not fun at all.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

Noper Q posted:

They said they've rebalanced and added a bunch of modifiers, so there's no way to know.

Well, time to embrace death then. I've been trying to focus on mechanics I skipped or usually blocked in previous leagues recently, so I'll bash my head into ultimatum for a while before getting distracted by some weird transfigured gem build that will come out weeks into the league.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Noper Q posted:

I remember lots and lots of various flavors of chaos degens.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
My only Frost Blades experience was with vengeant cascade and I also had an early mageblood drop so my impression of the build is colored by that. I think my first night with the MB I fell asleep in front of the computer running Domain of Timeless Conflict and I woke up feeling blissful and content and well-rested.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

i would like to play poe 2

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
IMO the huntress tree is completely loving bonkers broken. Just the sockets are powerful enough, but... how much extra quant is that corpse looting node, exactly?

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
If 12 years of poe have taught me anything it’s that the tree everyone is drooling over will be good but one of the other trees will have a hosed up interaction that breaks the game over its knee

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think there's a lot of weird stuff you can do with that extra enemies Mark, especially depending how it's mechanics interact with Deadeye's 75% increased mark effect. Like, could you make a herald of ice bosser? I've never run hoi so not really sure of the mechanics there.

But the cold mastery where you cover enemies near those you shatter in Frost (like Ash but for cold dmg) is a lot better than it was, for single target.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I'm gonna run self cast GLACIAL CASCADE because I think it's a fun skill and i am dumb

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

DangerDongs posted:

Probably, have you seen any good league start video guides you can share with the class. Debating between that and TR pathfinder.

Maxroll has good guides for both LA leaguestarting and TS midgame that will be updated but are mostly fine now. High-end qual stacking comes from dialla’s, ashes, and/or enhance gems. Theres probably other things too but im tired.

Just remember that TS now has its best helm enchant (which was a 33% dps boost) baked into the gem as quality. There’s no way this wont get nerfed before next season.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

I'm gonna run self cast GLACIAL CASCADE because I think it's a fun skill and i am dumb

One time I did the lightning version https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Storm_Cascade and triggered it with Shield Charge and that wasn't half bad. Man I wish Squire wasn't unobtainium.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

wemgo posted:

Just remember that TS now has its best helm enchant (which was a 33% dps boost) baked into the gem as quality. There’s no way this wont get nerfed before next season.

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking of going that way this league. Get it done while it's here.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

McFrugal posted:

IMO the huntress tree is completely loving bonkers broken. Just the sockets are powerful enough, but... how much extra quant is that corpse looting node, exactly?

Even if it's poo poo, it's free poo poo

Horking rare/magic packs again will be cool even if it doesn't have the same quant. I also think, if it works, horking league mechanics like Expedition and Delirium will pay off if it lets them drop more league currency.

*Someone will figure out if leagues like Delirium can be horked midrun to increase the loot explosion at the end or not.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

One time I did the lightning version https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Storm_Cascade and triggered it with Shield Charge and that wasn't half bad. Man I wish Squire wasn't unobtainium.

I didn't even know this existed!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McFrugal posted:

It’s at most one item per corpse so . Iirc from the interviews

Edit

I forgot the chests !!!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

an iksar marauder posted:

If 12 years of poe have taught me anything it’s that the tree everyone is drooling over will be good but one of the other trees will have a hosed up interaction that breaks the game over its knee

exactly!

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
drat got release week off but this new league sounds complicated.

Also lol poor heist if no alt quality gems.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

External Organs posted:

play on the PC you fool...

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Did all of the unique item changes make it into the patchnotes?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just realized those huntress charms are going to have tiers on the affixes aren’t they . Oh man

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

wemgo posted:

Did all of the unique item changes make it into the patchnotes?

Yes, it's just the Transfigured gems that are "still working on them, lol"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Lpzie posted:

play on the PC you fool...

I am this league, I got a steam dreck :balldo:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

External Organs posted:

I am this league, I got a steam dreck :balldo:

lol... so basically no talking. i tried it, it's so hard !!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I think im going to do Ice Spear / Pusle totems heiro, but then I saw that heatshiver was nerfed, and all the builds I have seen so far use that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh, didn't realize the patch notes were updated:

quote:

Changes since the original post was made:

Updated the following note:

Old:
The Divine Font at the end of the Eternal Labyrinth is now a gem crafting device that can modify your skill and support gems by turning them into Transfigured Gems, add Quality or Experience to Gems, or sacrifice a Gem for one or more Treasure Keys to open Izaro's Chests.
New:
The Divine Font at the end of the Labyrinth is now a gem crafting device that can modify your skill and support gems by turning them into Transfigured Gems, add Quality or Experience to Gems, or sacrifice a Gem for one or more Treasure Keys to open Izaro's Chests.

Updated the following note for Cyclone:

Old:
No longer has "First Hit deals 50% less Damage", "Gain 1 Stage every 0.3-0.2 seconds while Channelling", "Lose 1 Stage every 0.3 seconds while not Channelling, +0.1 metres to radius per Stage, or Maximum 3-6 Stages. It now has 10% increased Area of Effect per 0.1 metre additional Melee Strike Range at all gem levels (previously 8%).
New:
No longer has "First Hit deals 50% less Damage", "Gain 1 Stage every 0.3-0.2 seconds while Channelling", "Lose 1 Stage every 0.3 seconds while not Channelling, +0.1 metres to radius per Stage, or Maximum 3-6 Stages. It now has 10% increased Area of Effect per 0.1 metre additional Melee Strike Range at all gem levels (previously 8%), and a base radius of 1.6 metres (previously 1.1).

Updated the following note for Vortex:

Old:
Now has a 0.750 second Cast Time (previously instant), and no longer has a Cooldown Time. It can no longer be cast on Frostbolt projectiles, and as such, no longer has 20% less Area of Effect when Cast on Frostbolt or "Can explode from up to 5 Frostbolt Projectiles." It now deals 49 to 73 Cold Damage at gem level 1 (previously 41 to 62), scaling up to 779 to 1169 at gem level 20 (previously 1209 to 1813).
New:
Now has a 0.750 second Cast Time (previously instant), and no longer has a Cooldown Time. It can no longer be cast on Frostbolt projectiles, and as such, no longer has 20% less Area of Effect when Cast on Frostbolt or "Can explode from up to 5 Frostbolt Projectiles." It now deals 49 to 73 Cold Damage at gem level 1 (previously 41 to 62), scaling up to 779 to 1169 at gem level 20 (previously 1209 to 1813). It also now has a Mana cost of 13 at gem level 1 (previously 11), and 25 Mana at gem level 20 (previously 20).

Added the following note for Ethereal Knives:
No longer leaves a Lingering Blade in the ground for every 3 Projectiles fired, and no longer has "Maximum 40 Lingering Blades can be left in the ground at a time" or "Leaves 50% fewer Lingering Blades in the ground if you don't Cast this Spell yourself." It also no longer has 0-19% increased Projectile Speed, a base duration of 6.00 seconds, or the Duration tag.

Someone at GGG must really have it out for Vortex, huh?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

an iksar marauder posted:

especially in combination with the new gems

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

For y'all theorycrafting penance brand, don't forget about brandsurge. It'll scale with the same poo poo, and also has like 500% damage effectiveness.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Oh, didn't realize the patch notes were updated:

Someone at GGG must really have it out for Vortex, huh?

vortex has had 2+ years as a Great skill after 2+ years prior as a Really Good skill, it's okay for this one to get taken out back and shot in the name of build diversty and meta shakeup imo

but drat they just keep pumping more shots into the body

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
It's weird that they removed the Blade Blast interactions with Ethereal Knives and Blade Vortex. I mean, sure, no one ever used the Blade Vortex interaction, but that means that while you can pick up Blade Blast at 16, you don't have anything to do with it until 28.

Also, the three whole people out there who actually like Animate Weapon get to struggle even more until Act 3.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I'm tempted to try a LA into tornado shot build, haven't done bow in ages. Is it a good Idea for league starter? I like builds that can breeze through campaign without much gear, and get comfortably to red maps with under a divine in investment.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I'm tempted to try a LA into tornado shot build, haven't done bow in ages. Is it a good Idea for league starter? I like builds that can breeze through campaign without much gear, and get comfortably to red maps with under a divine in investment.

If you can spam essences on the right bases you can pretty easily get 4 voidstones with LA. Switching to TS takes a bit of investment.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

External Organs posted:

For y'all theorycrafting penance brand, don't forget about brandsurge. It'll scale with the same poo poo, and also has like 500% damage effectiveness.

Except somehow not being a brand. I love brandsurge but it really didn't keep up when all spells got a 50% damage buff.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Bashez posted:

Except somehow not being a brand. I love brandsurge but it really didn't keep up when all spells got a 50% damage buff.

Oh lol, I didn't realize it doesn't have a brand tag. That's annoying.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Benson Cunningham posted:

If you can spam essences on the right bases you can pretty easily get 4 voidstones with LA. Switching to TS takes a bit of investment.

due to the quality changes TS is going to come online earlier than ever this league even without the league-specific ascendencies

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
By the way, ruetoo has a funny "testing tornado shot" video out on youtube that explains how good TS is better than I can.

Actually it's not Rue, but a recording of his stream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUomgMTWPw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I got into red maps in about 12 hours with is. It's cracked, but map bosses can be a real challenge with how glass cannon you can be early. Your best defensive layer is just clearing screens.

The video above is making me excited using spreadsheets.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 4, 2023