Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Theres just *so much* that needs correcting. They need time invest their picks into the OL. Duncan may be a find (looking forward to his tape from this game), but if Hubbard’s gone next year, I think the only sure thing they have is Skoronski as I’m convinced Brewer ain’t it at Center. They’ll need to shore up the secondary in a big way too. At least one more WR.

Titans aren’t making coaching changes mid-season, they refused to remove Downing after his DUI, but I hope to God that Amy Strunk turns over a fair amount of these dudes come the offseason. Vrabel is absolutely safe for at least two more years during this rebuild, but “Play better, coach better” is loving over. Just get better players and better coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

a decent to good QB (which ya'll are saying he is) gets it done in the OT even with a weak supporting cast. he didn't, again

Ehh I don't think that's entirely fair to him. But the Titans won't be able to get one of the top tier quarterback prospects. At best you may luck into Daniels.

Would you rather roll the dice with Daniels or use it to get Levis some desperately needed O-Line help and give him another year? I'd lean towards the latter.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Edward Mass posted:

I’m not a doctor, is a fractured fibula bad?

It normally heals so no

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The entire defensive staff should be updating their resumes, the talent is obviously not good but the only dude on the entire unit living up to his previous performance is Autry. Simmons looks worse, tart looks worse, the entire CB room has gotten worse, Amani hooker is treading water I guess but at a certain point it’s not just that the players suck. The coaching is not doing them favors

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
In theory Tank will be back for the playoffs :v:

e: nvm, sent to IR, he's done

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 3, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
lol at the idea of letting Gardner "Chad Pennington Arm" Minshew beat you with a 50-yard deep pass

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Minshew is the new Fitzmagic, he's going to blaze a trail across a dozen teams

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The entire defensive staff should be updating their resumes, the talent is obviously not good but the only dude on the entire unit living up to his previous performance is Autry. Simmons looks worse, tart looks worse, the entire CB room has gotten worse, Amani hooker is treading water I guess but at a certain point it’s not just that the players suck. The coaching is not doing them favors

Simmons was actually top five quarterback pressures going into today, 19, same as Aaron Donald per a stat I saw pop up in the game. He draws double teams and Landry was stymied a lot early on in the year, so yeah, he's gonna look less dominant, but teams still have to spend resources accouting for him.

I like Teair Tart, but he's probably gone, getting paid elsewhere next year. I think he's fallen off lately though?

But yeah, just sloppy poo poo. SMB will draw a massive penalty and then give up a 30 yard pass on the next play, as seen on television just this very day. Fulton is incredibly inconsistent. Aziz has been largely medium.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

JT Jag posted:

lol at the idea of letting Gardner "Chad Pennington Arm" Minshew beat you with a 50-yard deep pass

I know right? Insane that will levis let that happen. He must not be HIM

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Not enough people are talking about how will levis botched that extra point hold. loving idiot. This is why he will never be good. Not to mention when will Levis blew that punt coverage and got the punter injured. Hendon hooker wouldn’t have done that. Not good enough

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Tits seemed extremely reluctant to let Levis throw it in overtime

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
loving PISSED that Will Levis refused to flag Derrick Henry getting helmet-to-helmet, that rear end in a top hat.

Having said that, not a great game for Guillaume Pantalones beyond flashes, which has been his MO a lot this year. Will that ease up if there's something resembling an offensive line? Or is this just who he is? And we may not even get the answers next year because I don't expect all our gaps will be filled in the offseason.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

Yeah people can blame other things but they had to have very little faith in their D and they still refused to let him win the game. Not great

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans should draft Joe Milton imo

gently caress the Colts for ruthlessly murdering Big Stonehouse, ripping his leg off and beating him to death with it. If there's one thing you don't gently caress with it's the Titans punt game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

They threw it plenty in OT???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess the penalties made it seem like they threw less than they did since two throws were nullified but they still ran it quite a bit considering Henry was out

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Spears was running it well. I have no issues with the offensive play calling right now, they have a nonfunctional line and there’s not much you can do to scheme around that. I’ve not been too impressed with Tim Kelly outside of the falcons game but I don’t have any issue with his gamecall today

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans winning a nailbiter was fun at the time but after the emotion wears off and gaining the benefit of hindsight:

The Broncos converted zero third downs. They had three turnovers. The Texans had no turnovers.

Winning on a last second pick in a game that should have been a blowout is fine but it should have been a blowout

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I shouldn’t let myself get so irritated by the bastard love child of Eeyore and Mitch Firkins but here I am. Sorry everyone (but blame Will Levis for my bad posting please)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Probably Magic posted:

loving PISSED that Will Levis refused to flag Derrick Henry getting helmet-to-helmet, that rear end in a top hat.

Having said that, not a great game for Guillaume Pantalones beyond flashes, which has been his MO a lot this year. Will that ease up if there's something resembling an offensive line? Or is this just who he is? And we may not even get the answers next year because I don't expect all our gaps will be filled in the offseason.

for like 95% of rookies, flashes is usually all you get their rookie year. Stroud has just made everyone expect all pros or nothing in year 1. That you are seeing flashes of good play - means there is something worth keeping another year.

Intruder posted:

The Texans winning a nailbiter was fun at the time but after the emotion wears off and gaining the benefit of hindsight:

The Broncos converted zero third downs. They had three turnovers. The Texans had no turnovers.

Winning on a last second pick in a game that should have been a blowout is fine but it should have been a blowout

I think that's just the issue with a young coach and young players. Hopefully something they get better about next year. For now, get some blood pressure meds.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’m going to again preach awareness of how good this year has been - even with a game we “should have” won by more.

We, as Texans fans, would have been thrilled with 7-10. That’d be a hugely successful year after the last few.

They are 7-5. With some growing pains on probably the youngest roster in the league and a first year head coach.

Don’t stress yourself over it not looking as good as you’d like - appreciate that this is the best the Texans have looked in quite some time and enjoy the ride.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it is fun to care again but i still would like for some non stressful games lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

it is fun to care again but i still would like for some non stressful games lol

Last week would have been non-stressful if the refs weren't in the Jags pockets

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Another good offseason and a bit more experience and the Texans should be in serious consideration for the division next year, and might end up one of the best of the AFC.

Their future looks really bright. Rooting for them to make a run this year to see how far they can go.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why in God's name would you root for a divisional rival

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Because gently caress the Jags and Colts

Also I like rooting for fun teams in general.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stroud is cool and good and fun to root for

Stroud looked off all game today too but I'm willing to attribute that to his leg injury

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Mega64 posted:

Because gently caress the Jags and Colts

Also I like rooting for fun teams in general.

Always root for the divisional team with the worst record vs other divisional teams duh.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Always root for the divisional team with the worst record vs other divisional teams duh.

For Tits fans that would currently be the Texans (not counting themselves)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Congrats Titans fans
https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1731735076369473911?s=20

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
BIG JEFF

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Titans aren’t making coaching changes mid-season,

lol you stupid bitch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Yeah, allowing two punt blocks that got our punter out for the season will tend to do that.

Hopefully Shane Bowen is next at the end of the season.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/_RyanStonehouse/status/1731740560988286988

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

Yeah, allowing two punt blocks that got our punter out for the season will tend to do that.

Hopefully Shane Bowen is next at the end of the season.

ACKCHULLY, the second one was a fumble, he never got to actually kick it the guy got there so fast.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kids please stop shouting BIG JEFF at the back of the AFC South bus.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

Kids please stop shouting BIG JEFF at the back of the AFC South bus.
I read this as "AFC Short bus".

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Revenge Of Jeff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I read this as "AFC Short bus".

it is