Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That sounds like a manager to me if she mostly doesn't wrestle outside the Rumble and the title win then just runs a stable

Edited because you edited more context

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

she's not the manager she's like clearly the leader of the stable and the only one important in the group of jobbers she bosses around lmao. and wwe was clearly behind her being the only woman in a mens stable and doing some intergender stuff where she was attacking and bodyslamming dudes bigger than her up to entering at 1 in the rumble to the end and winning the title at mania. Like WWE rear end but they at least try to actually make the women stars in their division when they actually care about them, same with Bianca

Yes which is why I really don't want Mercedes to go back there because she would just get fed to Rhea the same way she was just fed to Charlotte and Alexa and Ronda.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That sounds like a manager to me if she mostly doesn't wrestle outside the Rumble and the title win then just runs a stable

Edited because you edited more context

There's non title matches in there too just like AEW does segments and non title "Eliminator" matches with their womens wrestlers they just in one segment and not presented like that big of a deal compared to guys like OC, BCC, Jericho and The Elite. The last time anyone was booked or treated like a star in the womens division was Britt and Jade

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

AEW tried to make Jade a star. It worked. In a sense.
Other than that: I just don't think there are any women in AEW that can be made stars on the level of Rhea or Mercedes. There is a critical deficit of charisma and ability to carry ones self outside of the ring.
Outside of Hayter maybe, but she got hella injured.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're certainly trying with Julia.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

There's non title matches in there too just like AEW does segments and non title "Eliminator" matches with their womens wrestlers they just in one segment and not presented like that big of a deal compared to guys like OC, BCC, Jericho and The Elite. The last time anyone was booked or treated like a star in the womens division was Britt and Jade

This feels like recency bias because that was less than a year ago. Both companies suck at booking women consistently but in AEW Mercedes would be the featured player instead of being fed to the featured player who is mostly important for the men's division

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This feels like recency bias because that was less than a year ago. Both companies suck at booking women consistently but in AEW Mercedes would be the featured player instead of being fed to the featured player who is mostly important for the men's division

Featured player to show up once a week and have about three women who would be near her level in the ring and nobody close to her character work.

WWE should be scrambling to try and get her back to do Four Horsewomen vs. Damage CTRL.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm not getting gaslit to watch WWE even if Mercedes shows up

AEW can make it work even if they have the theoretical worse roster

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Codependent Poster posted:

Featured player to show up once a week and have about three women who would be near her level in the ring and nobody close to her character work.

WWE should be scrambling to try and get her back to do Four Horsewomen vs. Damage CTRL.

lol yeah the competition is so much better in WWE, Rhea's facing such luminaries as Zelina Vega, Natalya and Raquel Rodriguez.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not getting gaslit to watch WWE even if Mercedes shows up

AEW can make it work even if they have the theoretical worse roster

What are they even doing with Athena? I don't trust them to make any program with women work when they don't even put Athena on the main shows.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

lol yeah the competition is so much better in WWE, Rhea's facing such luminaries as Zelina Vega, Natalya and Raquel Rodriguez.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Get out of hell

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Athena is, like, the one thing TK is using to sell ROH as dumb as that is on multiple level

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
apparently shibata lost the roh title on an episode of aews rampage :whitewater:

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=...Singles&worker=

lolling

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Codependent Poster posted:

What are they even doing with Athena? I don't trust them to make any program with women work when they don't even put Athena on the main shows.

Athena is the hottest thing on RoH and has the main storyline focus of the entire show currently, aligned/feuding with the second best young American wrestler and hasn't been pinned since she won the title (ignoring once on the indies v Yamashita with a dusty)

She is probably pretty happy with that, though it'd be cooler on TV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Athena is, like, the one thing TK is using to sell ROH as dumb as that is on multiple level

I mean, it is very stupid, but it also is working. I'm gonna buy his dumb streaming service for at least that week to watch Athena have a PPV match.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

MJeff posted:

I mean, it is very stupid, but it also is working. I'm gonna buy his dumb streaming service for at least that week to watch Athena have a PPV match.

Same! Haven't seen any of Athenas honor club stuff but I'm def gonna watch that ppv

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've watched all of it, please become strong

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

I've watched all of it, please become strong

I went to a Collision and stayed after for the RoH taping and, uh, no, no thank you.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

MJeff posted:

I went to a Collision and stayed after for the RoH taping and, uh, no, no thank you.

The Grand Rapids show was definitely one of the worse RoH shows

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

She's a star but still utilized poorly because WWE really doesn't give a poo poo

It's WWE, everyone is utilized poorly.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
which is sadder, the fight forever trons/barriers, or the Rick Flair Dick Juice Trons?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Rick Flair Dick Juice by a mile

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's very close, but at least the Fight Forever trons are advertising an actual All Elite Wrestling product, even if it is a terrible one.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Rick Flair Dick Juice by a mile

Read like woah black Betty bambalam

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
RIC FLAIR DICK JUICE BY A MAHL
RIIIIC FLAIR DICK JUICE BY A MAHL
ON WRESTLING HE'S A STAIN BY A MAHL
DID SOME CRIMES ON A PLANE BY A MAHL

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Miro just wants to sit in the chair first!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK! posted:

Read like woah black Betty bambalam

was it like this?

MJeff posted:

RIC FLAIR DICK JUICE BY A MAHL
RIIIIC FLAIR DICK JUICE BY A MAHL
ON WRESTLING HE'S A STAIN BY A MAHL
DID SOME CRIMES ON A PLANE BY A MAHL

answer soon

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

was it like this?

answer soon

twas

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I can''t stop singing it to the theme... childhood ruined forever

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thanks for the earworm

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

But all I'm saying is, say what you want about Fight Forever rightfully being disappointing to people for different reasons at least it isn't the ancient sex criminals energy drink

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

What if instead of the adamverse, we devoted that time to the brokenverse

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
gently caress off jeff

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

They were really poorly handled. and there's no way to undo it, unfortunately.

They wasted their first match in AEW on a random Dynamite against Private Party instead of, you know, hyping up their return to the ring as a tag team and making people shell out for a PPV to see it against the Young Bucks. Once people saw them in the ring multiple times, there was a lost interest in their PPV match because everyone could see they were cooked, which is the second bad move:
they were completely over-exposed when it's clear both of them, especially Jeff, are way past their prime and restricted in what they can do in the ring. Not only were we seeing the Hardyz fighting against mid-carders regularly, but they also were doing violent gimmick matches, on free TV, regularly, which also didn't make sensse.

The way they have handled Sting, on the other hand, has been absolutely perfect. He's used sparingly, but when he is, it's very impactful and plays to his strengths (and protects his weaknesses as a 60 year-old in the ring). Every time Sting comes out there, the fans go nuts, still, and that's a testament to how well he's been booked in AEW. The Hardyz, on the other hand, were booked to immediately just be another mid-card tag team feuding with other mid-card tag teams doing gimmick matches and showing the entire world that they suck now.

PS. Also Jeff Hardy should not have been allowed back anyway

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fawning deference posted:

They were really poorly handled. and there's no way to undo it, unfortunately.

They wasted their first match in AEW on a random Dynamite against Private Party instead of, you know, hyping up their return to the ring as a tag team and making people shell out for a PPV to see it against the Young Bucks. Once people saw them in the ring multiple times, there was a lost interest in their PPV match because everyone could see they were cooked, which is the second bad move:
they were completely over-exposed when it's clear both of them, especially Jeff, are way past their prime and restricted in what they can do in the ring. Not only were we seeing the Hardyz fighting against mid-carders regularly, but they also were doing violent gimmick matches, on free TV, regularly, which also didn't make sensse.

The way they have handled Sting, on the other hand, has been absolutely perfect. He's used sparingly, but when he is, it's very impactful and plays to his strengths (and protects his weaknesses as a 60 year-old in the ring). Every time Sting comes out there, the fans go nuts, still, and that's a testament to how well he's been booked in AEW. The Hardyz, on the other hand, were booked to immediately just be another mid-card tag team feuding with other mid-card tag teams doing gimmick matches and showing the entire world that they suck now.

PS. Also Jeff Hardy should not have been allowed back anyway

Unfortunately stupid stuntshow gimmick matches are all Jeff Hardy is capable of doing at this point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Barry Bluejeans posted:

gently caress off jeff

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

sorry dude, go lions