Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Good thing the Trailblazer's DEF is high! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

finally got another 5* on the standard banner from the generic tickets.
E1 Bronya, hell yea. that chance to refund the skill pt on her skill is gonna be nice.
got me enough sparkles as well to buy Clara's LC in the shop, so that's finished too.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Eej posted:

There is no way you're swimming in infinite credits and books unless you literally just have 8 characters built and that's it.

i have 14 built, and have almost 10mil credits

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I'm at the point now where everyone is 70/80 and there's only four light cones left that aren't 70/80. the biggest thing I run out of is light cone aether. second to that is creds. love not pulling new people

Ah. There's your secret, 70 to 80 is very expensive.

Generally not worth it, but on the occasions I decide to do it anyway it clears me out.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

There is no way you're swimming in infinite credits and books unless you literally just have 8 characters built and that's it.

And this after leveling Guinaifen from 40/50 and her LC from 1, and her traces up to 9 for the past couple weeks. Never needed to hit the gold calyxes. Completely F2P. :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eej posted:

if youve been playing since launch and keeping on top of stuff you definitely will be swimming in credits and books tbh. like i have to grind tehm occasionally but not that much

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Captain France posted:

Ah. There's your secret, 70 to 80 is very expensive.

Generally not worth it, but on the occasions I decide to do it anyway it clears me out.

yeah that last ten levels is reserved for only the hottest hunks, babes, and also luocha

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quinque, Silver Wolf, Fu Xuan, Topaz, Clara, Kafka, Jing Yuan, Dan Heng, Welt, Bronya, Lynx, Luocha

Definitely taking Hanya to 80, and Argenti if I pull him. Still need to put Pela at 80, too.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Now that I have max trailblaze level I usually have enough credits. The only thing that really causes problems is completely maxing traces, but I have only done that for Blade and Topaz. Everyone else is at 6/8/8/8.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Endorph posted:

if youve been playing since launch and keeping on top of stuff you definitely will be swimming in credits and books tbh. like i have to grind tehm occasionally but not that much

I've been playing since launch and been buying BPs and I only have 14 80s, 9 5* LCs and only like 2 characters with level 10 traces and I never see the counter go past 2m credits. I'm basically always scrounging for books and credits for the next character.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Traveller posted:

Good thing the Trailblazer's DEF is high! :haw:

Love that March 7th is completely unphased by this. Not the weirdest thing the Trailblazer has said, I guess.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

New website to optimize your character and their relics

https://fribbels.github.io/hsr-optimizer/

Now while prydwen is far more user friendly, I feel like this website is for those who want to really min-max their characters

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm trying to get Huohuo's LC before she goes

i dont think i'm gonna pull it off though

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's an extremely luxury pull. If you're broke you should skip it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NeonPunk posted:

New website to optimize your character and their relics

https://fribbels.github.io/hsr-optimizer/

Now while prydwen is far more user friendly, I feel like this website is for those who want to really min-max their characters

That OCR is way the gently caress buggy, I remember the Genshin one being a bit better

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I’m conflicted, because I want Hanya but I don’t particularly want Argenti and unsure about Silverwolf now.

If I don’t have Fu Xuan, and I missed Silverwolf’s four star event LC do you think I’ll regret it? I am thinking maybe roll for her LC to make sure I get it first and then roll on her banner without regrets. It will be a 50/50, but still even with it not being a guarantee I want both characters next patch. I’ve been building up Pela since returning (would love one more dupe though since she’s e4) and I don’t know how much value Silverwolf would add vs. just slotting Pela with Seele. Coming from HI3 I would like to get her purely from a character standpoint but idk, over time I have been feeling less and less resolved, and am at 55 pity so not room to gamble.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Tree Reformat posted:

And this after leveling Guinaifen from 40/50 and her LC from 1, and her traces up to 9 for the past couple weeks. Never needed to hit the gold calyxes. Completely F2P. :shrug:

So you don't even have 8 characters fully leveled and built, and you don't have enough books to fully level the next character you get (it takes ~300 purples, IIRC). And I doubt you've got your traces maxed, either.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

today's photo: truly dying for your art

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zurai posted:

So you don't even have 8 characters fully leveled and built, and you don't have enough books to fully level the next character you get (it takes ~300 purples, IIRC). And I doubt you've got your traces maxed, either.

I didn't level HH or Lynx because I don't see much reason to waste the books yet. The next character I get will most likely be Ruan Mei, almost half a patch from now, and she's kinda of low priority for me actually building at the moment so I can absolutely continue to coast on event rewards there. And yes, Clara, Kafka, Sampo, and Topaz are all fully traced, Guin nearly so (I have the mats in inventory, I'm just saving them for next week's Nameless Honor), and everyone else in the main 8 is at 8 on traces (March is cheating a little since she's e4 so its actually 6 on her traces, but that's all i've needed so far).

Like yeah, they're not perfectly maxed, sure, but how much value do I really get right now from maxing my supports and sustains versus, you know... building Guin to replace either Sampo or SW in the Kafka team?

My real bottleneck right now is I haven't been able to grind the new Relic sets in earnest yet, since a whopping four of the characters I'm using and intend to use want them as a upgrade (or even at all, in Guin's case). And that's just stamina gated, no amount of EXP books or credits will speed that up.

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 5, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

rio posted:

I’m conflicted, because I want Hanya but I don’t particularly want Argenti and unsure about Silverwolf now.

If I don’t have Fu Xuan, and I missed Silverwolf’s four star event LC do you think I’ll regret it? I am thinking maybe roll for her LC to make sure I get it first and then roll on her banner without regrets. It will be a 50/50, but still even with it not being a guarantee I want both characters next patch. I’ve been building up Pela since returning (would love one more dupe though since she’s e4) and I don’t know how much value Silverwolf would add vs. just slotting Pela with Seele. Coming from HI3 I would like to get her purely from a character standpoint but idk, over time I have been feeling less and less resolved, and am at 55 pity so not room to gamble.

SW's LC isn't even her best LC until she's E2+ so I wouldn't just burn a pity on it as a signpost for rolling the character.

Tree Reformat posted:

Like yeah, they're not perfectly maxed, sure, but how much value do I really get right now from maxing my supports and sustains versus, you know... building Guin to replace either Sampo or SW in the Kafka team?

Approx zero because Guin is a sidegrade at best for Sampo, especially before E6. Also your Pela, Tingyun and Asta are languishing at 40 when they're the strongest characters you have aside from SW and Huohuo.

Eej fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 5, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Approx zero because Guin is a sidegrade at best for Sampo, especially before E6. Also your Pela, Tingyun and Asta are languishing at 40 when they're the strongest characters you have aside from SW and Huohuo.

I have a built SW (she might actually be 10 on her traces, I can't remember) so investing in Pela seems pretty lackluster at best, Tingyun and Asta are good too but I don't see how I can squeeze them into my current main teams? People like to poo poo on March, but she's currently doing gangbusters for me drawing aggro to Clara and feeding Numby FUAs. I mean, hell, Bronya is arguably the strongest support on my roster, is built, and I haven't still haven't touched her since I got Topaz.

Like, I don't have the "big ticket" DPS characters on my roster at all, and things are pretty comfy at the moment regardless, all told. I guess you could argue the biggest problem I have is I can't run Remembrance in SU right now?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Tree Reformat posted:

I didn't level HH or Lynx because I don't see much reason to waste the books yet. The next character I get will most likely be Ruan Mei, almost half a patch from now, and she's kinda of low priority for me actually building at the moment so I can absolutely continue to coast on event rewards there. And yes, Clara, Kafka, Sampo, and Topaz are all fully traced, Guin nearly so (I have the mats in inventory, I'm just saving them for next week's Nameless Honor), and everyone else in the main 8 is at 8 on traces (March is cheating a little since she's e4 so its actually 6 on her traces, but that's all i've needed so far).

My real bottleneck right now is I haven't been able to grind the new Relic sets in earnest yet, since a whopping four of the characters I'm using and intend to use want them as a upgrade (or even at all, in Guin's case). It's that's just stamina gated, no amount of EXP books or credits will speed that up.

Sure, and that's fine, but your contention was that books and credits were worthless to farm. Yet you're saying here that you're not leveling characters or maxing their traces because you don't have the resources to spend. Just leveling your remaining "main 8" characters to 10 in traces would cost more credits than you have, so you clearly have a use for more credits, and you don't even have a full two teams leveled all the way, so you have a use for more books.

Not saying you should grind golden calyxes to the exclusion of everything else, but spending 10 stamina on them once a week will actively help you.

Tree Reformat posted:

I have a built SW (she might actually be 10 on her traces, I can't remember) so investing in Pela seems pretty lackluster at best, Tingyun and Asta are good too but I don't see how I can squeeze them into my current main teams? People like to poo poo on March, but she's currently doing gangbusters for me drawing aggro to Clara and feeding Numby FUAs. I mean, hell, Bronya is arguably the strongest support on my roster, is built, and I haven't still haven't touched her since I got Topaz.

Pela and SW are better together than apart.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eej posted:

SW's LC isn't even her best LC until she's E2+ so I wouldn't just burn a pity on it as a signpost for rolling the character.

Ah poo poo. It’s looking less and less like I should get SW. Sucks because I really wanted Hanya, and haven’t pulled for a while already since deciding I didn’t want Huohuo’s e1 over saving for a new character. I missed a good portion of the really powerful characters so I am not in a position to just get a 5 star because I like them. But good to know about the LC though - thanks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Edit - Silver Wolf is a cracked support and is a great investment for a weak or new account. Relying on her will let you push further than even a cracked dps will. Her value lowers as you get more built units and stronger dps characters, but she will never be a bad choice. She doesn't need any particular LC to be good or valuable.

If I had to choose between SW and Pela, I wouldn't have Silver Wolf. They complement each other very well. I also don't use Asta or Tingyun, but once I get Hanya, I am going to invest more in Ting. Also, I didn't use Bronya for half of MoC. 10 included.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 5, 2023

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

While I definitely put off leveling Pela because I had Silver Wolf, I've certainly gotten a lot of use out of Pela since leveling her. They complement each other well, and there are situations where one is better than the other, and there's situations where I will use one on each team in MoC.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Bad Video Games posted:

If I had to choose between SW and Pela, I wouldn't have Silver Wolf.

What if you only have an E0 Pela? I assume at E4 or E6 is when she starts edging out SW?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

qbert posted:

What if you only have an E0 Pela? I assume at E4 or E6 is when she starts edging out SW?

My Pela is only e2. :D As AshtonDragon said, she's great with and without SW. I just find Pela more broadly useful unless you're trying to force weakness. Pela's AOE defense shred and permanent ult uptime just make her more valuable in MoC, imo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

qbert posted:

No, Pela is fine at E0 and literally the easiest character to gear up I straight up give her some junk random level 70 cone for stats purposes that's not even nihility. You just give her spd boots, eff hit rate chest, ERR Rope and level her talent/ult. That's it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I have a feeling they will make some true single target moc after Pure Fiction releases, at least here and there in the abyss. Which is SW's biggest issue, that it takes one point of sp and her ult to really set her debuffs up and if something dies immediately after you do that when you still have multiple targets to hit, well it feels bad. The more we get sturdier enemies the better she will be, the damage increase she has on single targets is really immense even without counting weakness implant. And even in the current moc you can just use Vonwacq/Penacony and do a 2 turn ult rotation. Support Wolfie doesn't mind, but it does put up a big warning sign against going for her eidolons in the current meta. ...I am still going to go for her e2 because I'm already at e1 so might as loving well, but this is purely me damning myself because I really want Hanya.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

qbert posted:

Pela's eidolons are all basically irrelevant and terrible, with the sole exception of E4 if you're running Jingliu or Yanqing. Her power comes from being a purely SP positive support character who can build giga tanky and do aoe defense shred constantly, which none of her eidolons really hugely benefit.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Tae posted:

No, Pela is fine at E0 and literally the easiest character to gear up I straight up give her some junk random level 70 cone for stats purposes that's not even nihility. You just give her spd boots, eff hit rate chest, ERR Rope and level her talent/ult. That's it.

Good to know. I have her at E1 and was debating between building her up or pulling for SW. I think I'll just stick with her then.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Pela's E1 is useful in any fight except like Kafka, and her E4 is good if you're running an Ice DPS. But yes, she's excellent at any eidolon level.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I wish they designed content that would benefit a lot of different playstyles, right now everything is just as much dps as possible. Welt is my only 5* that is E1, and I have his signature LC, but I cannot figure out a way to slot him into a party that makes it better. How does slowing enemies help when the time limit to kill an enemy is the difficult part, not the fight itself. He does more damage than other supports, but if you wanted to spend that level of SP you might as well just add another DPS.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Welt would be a lot more relevant in a game where sustain characters were substantially less powerful and fights were intended to go long, but they've basically broken the dam on sustain power level to such an absurd degree with characters like Luocha and Fu Xuan that if they ever design content that actually demands that level of sustain to succeed anyone who doesn't have those characters will be instantaneously vaporized.

He might also feel better if they release more DPS like Topaz who don't demand every skill point your team ever generates, because then you could fit him in a party as secondary DPS.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I usually use welt on a Blade/Bronya/Luocha team, plenty of SP left over for him

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

E1 Welt with his signature lc is a dps!

E1: Basic Atk +50% damage, Skill +80% damage for 2 turns after ult.

LC: +24% damage to debuffed enemies and +24% atk when using skill.

Make him a hypercarry.

Also, yeah, he's great with Topaz. I plan on using him with Dr. Ratio and Hanya.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 5, 2023

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
My hypercarry is Topaz because beating people to death with a literal capitalist pig while yelling financial slogans makes me lol. Play what you love.

But also I do wish the game had more challenge modes with good rewards rewarding builds beyond fastest DPS. Gimme challenges like “party can only be made of free 4*” or whatever where the challenge is duct taping something functional from scraps vs just needing a hypercarry for each side.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Something like what the Abundance path in Swarm did on their scenario option?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Pela, I get. Defense break and buff removal are useful in a ton of situations, and while I have issues keeping her alive, her role makes sense in many contexts.

Tingyun, I kind of get. More damage is never a bad thing. I don't know that I'm seeing a dramatic enough difference in others' damage from her to justify not using a shielder, a healer or a hitter of another element in her slot.

I am really struggling to find a use case for Asta. Conceptually, more speed is also never a bad thing. But so far, her Ult (which, I will admit, isn't heavily traced yet) seems like more like a small boost than something gamebreaking, and I don't get what else she brings to the table.

Do I have to have the rest of the team severely minmaxed on Speed for Asta to make a meaningful difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Asta also boost your team atk% by her charges too