Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I just need them to win outright so I can win my survivor pool :pray:

So naturally they cannot stop freaking anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I just need 4 points from the jags. They currently have 4 points in my league :suicide:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

If Jake Browning gets ten points I get a bye.

who the gently caress is Josh Allen?!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I just need them to win outright so I can win my survivor pool :pray:

So naturally they cannot stop freaking anything

DUDE

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Poque posted:

who the gently caress is Josh Allen?!

This post coming immediately before Other Josh Allen picks off Browning is :bravo:

Hope you still get your bye!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yay, an interception.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Docjowles posted:

This post coming immediately before Other Josh Allen picks off Browning is :bravo:

Hope you still get your bye!

Tyler Boyd threw the pick lol. The Bengals' WRs are now 1/2 for -7 yards and a pick.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Should i put in waiver bid for Dobbs v LV or Browning vs IND to cover Kyler’s bye?

Don’t ask how the season’s going.

Also, uh oh for T Law? The collective gasp from the crowd was impressive when he went down the second time.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh cool the Jags missed a field goal and now Lawrence is dead and his backup is also hurt. Rip

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Floofy posted:

Should i put in waiver bid for Dobbs v LV or Browning vs IND to cover Kyler’s bye?

Don’t ask how the season’s going.

Also, uh oh for T Law? The collective gasp from the crowd was impressive when he went down the second time.

Grab Dobbs but keep in mind that there’s a 50/50 chance they put in a different QB that plays with JJ better.

At least that’s what I had read on the Vikings subreddit

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Oh cool the Jags missed a field goal and now Lawrence is dead and his backup is also hurt. Rip

I can't imagine how tense you are right now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Grab Dobbs but keep in mind that there’s a 50/50 chance they put in a different QB that plays with JJ better.

At least that’s what I had read on the Vikings subreddit

Ok actually Browning looks really good and also has 25pts in my league rn. Granted it’s OT, but very decent choice

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I can't imagine how tense you are right now

More resigned ever since Lawrence went out. Why did I put my faith in the Jags lmao

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Man I'm gonna lose by less than 1 point with the Jacksonville kicker in a league where a missed FG is -1 point. I guess I'd be cheering my good luck if I was on the other side of this so I can't get too salty.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wow, I won by 1.1 points. If the Bengals got another 9 yds or a TD I would have lost.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Won by less than a point, if Jacksonville D or their kicker did anything in all of that overtime it would have been over for me

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Losing 131.65 to 131.45... Fantasy Gods, please give me a stat correction!!!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just wanted to say thank you to Yahoo for the worst draft grade in the league (D+) as I now sit in first place at 9-4 with the most points scored.

I stand by my pre-season statement that a good Yahoo draft grade means your team sucks.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Went from easily the best drafted team in 1st to losing JJ and MAndrews dropping to 7th, working back up all the way into 4th and into the playoffs :toot:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

3/6 of our playoff spots are still up for grabs going into the final week with 7 teams at 6-7. I'm miraculously 1 point out of 6th currently on a 3 game winning streakm though i did just lose Tank Dell and Rhamondre for this weeks matchup with the #1 team.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Clinched a playoff spot in the league I care about but tied for first with the dude that just put up 186 Sunday and now has a 100+ point points for lead on me, could steal the 1 seed and regular season payout if he loses and I win this week :pray:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 5, 2023

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

RCarr posted:

Just wanted to say thank you to Yahoo for the worst draft grade in the league (D+) as I now sit in first place at 9-4 with the most points scored.

I stand by my pre-season statement that a good Yahoo draft grade means your team sucks.

My team that's going to miss the playoffs was an A+! Would not draft again.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lets see

Beer League: 11th in PF, 2nd in PA. :sigh: A middling team turned bad team via some stupid moves. Guess I try again next year.

20-team: 6th in PF, most PA. In playoff contention, but sucks when you're in the top half of the league in PF and cant be certain of it. 4 of the top 10 teams in PF (including mine) are in my 5-team division! :shepface:

Dynasty: 2nd in PF. 2nd in PA. Clinched a playoff spot but sheesh, can I please have just one goddamn year where I'm not getting tee'd off on everywhere?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I lost Chubb, JJ, Kyren, Andrews and Burrow but I still have the most points for and I'm second place.
I need to win this week against the 1st place to guarantee a spot or for some of the other teams I'm tied with in score to lose but they all have easy matchups.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Opponent scored 125.3 points, and I won by .88 points :toot: ends a five-game skid and keeps playoff hopes alive. Thanks, Achane and Colts D/ST!

Special kudos to Christian Kirk, who just barely scored enough to get me over the top before leaving the game last night.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh poo poo. Since I got absolutely annihilated by a red hot team this week, I'm only a game ahead of #3 in the league.

Who I play this week.

Who would beat me in the tiebreaker if I lose.

:ohdear:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I'm hanging on to the #4 spot by 30 points. I even had an easy week, but then two guys went down to injury and everyone else underperformed hard, just total poo poo luck. Hoping to pick up Zeke because Stevenson might be out for a week or two and Zeke will get a ton of carries.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
How about the league comes up with a helmet for the ankles of QBs. jfc, 9 out of the top 20 drafted QBs are down by week 13.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Now in first in one league and secured a buy as I'm about 250 points and one win ahead of third with one game to go. And unless 2nd place outscores me by 120 then I got the prize for most regular season points

I also avoided last place in my other league! Which means I wont have to buy the draft board for next year :woop: :woop:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Recapping my poo poo just to stroke my own ego.

Keeper League: Big week put me tied for 1st but with a 30 PF lead. This is my main league with close friends, and after 12 years I’m the first one to have a shot at our “Dynasty Pot”. If I sweep the league like I did two years ago I’ll get it and immense bragging rights. Via trades and keeper auctions I have Tyreek, AJB, and CeeDee carrying me in lieu of losing Chubb early.

Goontier: Eliminated but still fighting.

Family: Tied for 1st and clinched a playoff spot. It’s a family/friends league though and most of them are newish to the game so mainly just for fun.

Neighborhood: Would have clinched a bye this week but Tank Dell going down had me end up with a loss. Now tied with the other 2nd place team and facing him, so I need to win to get that bye. Could really use it, too. The wheels are starting to come off a little with Dell hurt, then Swift, Breece and KW3 not playing great lately either.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm just gonna go ahead and post-mortem my beer league team here. Technically not eliminated but I cannot imagine the bullshit that would have to happen for this team to get a playoff spot, particularly as I'm playing the top team in the league for the final regular season game.

Gofftoberfest final record 5-9* (projected from 5-8)

QB: Ended up with Goff. I'd wanted Lawrence but got outbid, and it's funny because apparently that would have been the wrong choice. Picked up Love on a whim, just in case. About 4 weeks in I decided that I should just pick a drat QB and went with Love, who promptly put up a 7-point stinker. Went back to Goff. My early prediction was that they'd both end up about QB10-ish on the year but Love had more upside. Love is 10, Goff is 12. Not sure there was really a right option there but that one week where I played Love was the difference in what turned out to be a loss.

RB: Drafted Christian McCaffrey, Brian Robinson, Miles Sanders. McCaffrey is the only reason this team isn't a bigger poo poo show. Traded away Robinson when, towards the middle of the season, he seemed like he was gonna be an 8-10 pt guy and he was starting to lose touches to Gibson. Naturally the team I traded him too got him just in time to face me and put up one of his biggest games of the year. I literally lost that week because of the trade. Sanders didn't look great but through the 1st two weeks he was getting a lot of volume, which was the whole reason I drafted him. Also picked up Chuba, not that that made much of a difference.

WR: Drafted Davante Adams, Calvin Ridley, Tyler Lockett. Adams looked more or less like DAVANTE ADAMS through the first few games. The gamble on Ridley look like it was gonna pay off after week 1, and even in week 2 he had a ton of targets. Lockett is who I always expected him to be; a cheap WR2 who produces. And then I got Adam Thielen in a trade for Robinson. Thielen promptly went back to being nobody despite getting a shitton of targets. Oh but hey, I snagged Tank De-oh he's injured.

TE: Dallas Goedert. Rough start but looked like he was putting it together before he got hurt. Real cheap pick up in auction draft, he would have likely been about TE#5 in 2022 if he hadn't gotten hurt then. Bid a bunch of faab on Likely and he had one good game I guess?

D/ST: Started Eagles, went with Browns. They suck too now.

K: Justin Tucker motherfucker.

Without the trade and the one-week Love start this probably ends as a 7-7 team. Guess we'll see how the consolation bracket goes but I'm probably the worst team there too!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got an F draft grade and made a joke that it obviously means I’m going to win out

I’m currently 7-6 and 5th place, and I think my doods are starting to really crank up (also JJ is back thank god)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

beer league

How it started / How it's going

1st in PF, but only 6-7. I win and I'm in next week, but it should not have even come down to this. I mismanaged at least two weeks into losses.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Trying to figure out a D/ST for the playoffs, only riding the Dolphins into next week. I’m just going to blow the majority of my FAAB since I have the 3rd lowest budget and the rest of my team is pretty set anyway.

Here’s the wire and their Week 16/17 opponent:

Bills - @LAC/NE
Texans - Cle/Ten
Broncos - NE/@LAC

Can’t get a read on the Chargers as an opponent. Might just go with the Texans since both of their playoff opponents are pretty soft?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Feature request to all fantasy apps: skip sending me a billion push notifications and emails about last week's matchup when I lose and get eliminated from playoff contention :mad:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

How it started / How it's going

1st in PF, but only 6-7. I win and I'm in next week, but it should not have even come down to this. I mismanaged at least two weeks into losses.

If only we had some kind of beverage to cry into!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Spent almost the entire season in my friend league in the lead or in second for Points For, and three teams in our division just all shored up for a 7-6 tie. One team has me swept and currently has more points for so I’ll lose that tie breaker, and he plays the easy cakewalk last place team for his final match. The other guy we both have a Win and Loss over each other but I have the Points For tie breaker, but his team keeps sneaking out wins late in the season. And of course my final match of the season is against the league leader who normally scores low as gently caress but still somehow manages to win, and in some stroke of luck last week 50% of his roster was on Bye and he didn’t want to drop people, so he just left two spots empty and managed to put up over 150 points and win still. Very real danger of looking decent to good and scoring high most weeks and getting eliminated in the final round! Should have selected CMC as my keeper instead of Mahomes and drafted Hill with my first pick.

On the other hand, I’m going up against the league leader in the final round in our competitive league (notice a trend with my luck?) and I got a lucky win on him earlier this season. He’s a game up on me in record so it comes down to the final game for the #1 seed which is exciting and surely won’t end in heart break

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Clinched playoffs today. Not going to clinch a bye since the person I need to lose this week is going up against last place who seems like they checked out and had had someone who was designated Out in their lineup for a couple weeks. Ah well at least I'm in. Appreciate the insights from this thread this year so far. Definitely won mean few matchups.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fantasy football is so stupid!

i will probably miss the playoffs even though I have the 2nd most points in the league. My 6-7 team has more points than the first place 12-1 team. what the hell!

And what's more, that's with Justin Jefferson, Kyren Williams, and Jonathan Thomas missing substantial time.. otherwise I would have even more points

12-team
QB Tua
WR Tyreek
WR J Jefferson
RB Kyren
RB JT
TE Hockenson
Flex Josh Jacobs/Isiah Pacheco
also Flowers/Watson/Jakobi..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Whoreson Welles posted:

Trying to figure out a D/ST for the playoffs, only riding the Dolphins into next week. I’m just going to blow the majority of my FAAB since I have the 3rd lowest budget and the rest of my team is pretty set anyway.

Here’s the wire and their Week 16/17 opponent:

Bills - @LAC/NE
Texans - Cle/Ten
Broncos - NE/@LAC

Can’t get a read on the Chargers as an opponent. Might just go with the Texans since both of their playoff opponents are pretty soft?

I'd go with Texans, it's who I'm targeting.

I need to drop a player to grab the Texans as I'm in the same spot (Dolphins DST currently).

1PPR

WR: Tee Higgins, C Watson, D Johnson, B Cooks, J Downs
RB: CMC, R White, R Stevenson, D Henry, J Conner, Charb, Spears

I lament about how much of a mess my WRs are. I'm 2nd in the league but like 6/10 in PF so I know I'm getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs. I will forever regret keeping Tee Higgins over Hock.

If Rhamondre is out for a couple weeks he's an easy drop or move to IR to grab the Texans, but they are free on the wire now and I'd like to make a move. I'm leaning towards dropping Downs, he's had a bad couple of weeks.