Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

someone dropped Kincaid for his bye last week in one league and no one noticed :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Should I keep Mostert in or swap for James Cook with Achane being back. I'm in the last playoff spot, but the person behind me by one game has the tiebreaker in points, so I need to win this week against the other 8-5 team.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Dango Bango posted:

Lol blew the rest of my budget only for no one else to put in waiver claims on who I picked up.

Same. Oh well, at this point I was one of the lowest budget remaining teams. If some true league winner was still on the wire I wouldn’t have gotten them anyway.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Should I keep Mostert in or swap for James Cook with Achane being back. I'm in the last playoff spot, but the person behind me by one game has the tiebreaker in points, so I need to win this week against the other 8-5 team.

DSYS

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 6, 2023

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Dang, I had a chance to possibly gently caress over the one guy I need to lose this week to ensure my playoff spot on the wire, and decided against it out of caution to make sure I got Texans D/ST against the Jets this week.

He has Trevor Lawrence and a higher waiver priority than me, and Browning is pretty much the only viable option right now so I thought for sure he was going to snatch him first, but he didn’t, and no one made a claim on the Texans either. Coulda snatched his only QB option AND still had the pick I wanted :argh:

Also, question for those of you that do Divisions (I know most of you hate it but we all enjoy it):

Do you decide playoff spots by Record, and then Divisional Record, then PF for tie breakers? Or just PF? I failed to properly define it and now there’s some discourse (and by discourse, one of the teams asked about it this morning, and another team that has no dog in the matter has been being annoying about it all morning since)

I’m of the mind that if you and a divisional opponent are tied at record, then the one who swept your rear end should get the playoff spot, and then if you’re both 1-1 against each other, it’s PF. But apparently I’m dumb for thinking that!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

T-Square posted:

Dang, I had a chance to possibly gently caress over the one guy I need to lose this week to ensure my playoff spot on the wire, and decided against it out of caution to make sure I got Texans D/ST against the Jets this week.

He has Trevor Lawrence and a higher waiver priority than me, and Browning is pretty much the only viable option right now so I thought for sure he was going to snatch him first, but he didn’t, and no one made a claim on the Texans either. Coulda snatched his only QB option AND still had the pick I wanted :argh:

Also, question for those of you that do Divisions (I know most of you hate it but we all enjoy it):

Do you decide playoff spots by Record, and then Divisional Record, then PF for tie breakers? Or just PF? I failed to properly define it and now there’s some discourse (and by discourse, one of the teams asked about it this morning, and another team that has no dog in the matter has been being annoying about it all morning since)

I’m of the mind that if you and a divisional opponent are tied at record, then the one who swept your rear end should get the playoff spot, and then if you’re both 1-1 against each other, it’s PF. But apparently I’m dumb for thinking that!

My division league is first record and then “points for” for what it’s worth. Division winners get a bye

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Waiver wire was bone dry this week :/

I’ve already clinched the playoffs but oof it’s gonna be tough to get to the championship.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm torn on something. The week before Thanksgiving I asked our group chat if the league was enforcing a trade deadline this year. The GM said no. I didn't check ESPN which has our trade deadline listed as 11/29.

Fast forward to now. My team is the best team in the league with incredible depth and I want to make a move, some 6/7Th spots looking in want to make moves, but people at 1 (I'm 2) and 3/4/5 are skeptical because they know I'll just completely win if I get a TE, which I absolutely can do and really not take any team quality loss.

I'm not super mad - but - I do think it's bullshit our GM mislead me and some teams already eliminated agree.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

This is my first season playing fantasy and I'm in an all-friends league so I know my experience is not the norm but why on Earth is "anyone can veto trades" a thing. I know it's to prevent collusion, but league manager-only veto solves that, unless the LM is in on the collusion, in which case don't join that league again.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I'm torn on something. The week before Thanksgiving I asked our group chat if the league was enforcing a trade deadline this year. The GM said no. I didn't check ESPN which has our trade deadline listed as 11/29.

Fast forward to now. My team is the best team in the league with incredible depth and I want to make a move, some 6/7Th spots looking in want to make moves, but people at 1 (I'm 2) and 3/4/5 are skeptical because they know I'll just completely win if I get a TE, which I absolutely can do and really not take any team quality loss.

I'm not super mad - but - I do think it's bullshit our GM mislead me and some teams already eliminated agree.

I mean if you have it in writing saying there’s no trade deadline, then go ahead and make a trade. The commish can manually put it through.

No one can complain about something that was already agreed upon.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am definitely onboard with commissioner veto only assuming they are reasonable. Too many leagues where people vote against trades because :cry: it makes both of them better it is not fair :cry:.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
How close looking in are these teams?

Like if they still have a remotely possible chance of getting that last seed and the trade makes sense for them i'd get it. But if they have virtually no chance, it's dumb to allow them to trade still. But that's on the GM for not disallowing poo poo like that in the first place.

Unless it's dynasty

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah you and the commish should tell everyone else to go kick rocks. If they want to ban late season trades put in a loving trade deadline. Next year. "Your team is too good we can't let him get away with this :qq:" should be mocked, not enabled.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Do I start DeAndre Hopkins at Miami or Gabe Davis at KC? Leaning Davis, but I'm not sure.

Also, what's up with Najee Harris? Is he going to start on Thursday?

I would 100% start Hopkins. Davis is one of those guys who will either give you 30 or 0 and whichever you guess it will be that week will be wrong. A floor at least exists for Hopkins and he can still blow up from time to time.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The commish is the one who lied. He's number 4 overall and much worse than my team. The teams on the outside looking in, of which there are currently 3, could definitely get in and even knock the commish out if I did a WR+RB for TE upgrade trade.

It's such poo poo. I have it in writing of him saying "there is no trade deadline" in our group chat, so I didn't think to check the app which does have a trade deadline enforced.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The commish is the one who lied. He's number 4 overall and much worse than my team. The teams on the outside looking in, of which there are currently 3, could definitely get in and even knock the commish out if I did a WR+RB for TE upgrade trade.

It's such poo poo. I have it in writing of him saying "there is no trade deadline" in our group chat, so I didn't think to check the app which does have a trade deadline enforced.

You have it in writing. End of discussion. If he goes against that he’s just blatantly cheating.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The argument people are making is that the ESPN league we're in says 11/29 and those against me trading are saying "you should have just looked at the settings!" and those for are saying "this is such utter poo poo". This includes a few teams already eliminated. But the league is so competitive 9 teams are still alive with 1 week left, and the second bye could go to any of the 9.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Push trade through, win title, and bugger out of that BS league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The argument people are making is that the ESPN league we're in says 11/29 and those against me trading are saying "you should have just looked at the settings!" and those for are saying "this is such utter poo poo". This includes a few teams already eliminated. But the league is so competitive 9 teams are still alive with 1 week left, and the second bye could go to any of the 9.
The ESPN site doesn’t say there’s a cash prize either. So I guess no one wins anything, sorry.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Good point.

People are just mad I started 1-5, but drafted better than them and have won 7 in a row by large margins, have 4 top 11 WRs in a 1PPR/2 Flex/12 person league lol

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Push trade through, win title, and bugger out of that BS league.

Seconded. The platform is just a tool we use to track teams and scores. What the league members and most importantly Commissioner say is what should be the letter of the law. Dude messaged you there is no deadline, that’s on him as Commish. Trade should go through.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Out of curiosity, what's the proposed trade?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
We can't make them as it's disabled in the app, but have been talking to the number 6 and 7 teams to send him Lamar or a WR + (Jaylen or Cook) for Kelce. I've got a lot of really good players on my team and plenty of flexibility.

I've run a few through trade analyzers and they're generally 2-3 points of value off for our scoring.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Commish can just manually put the trade through no problem

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
This is just a big rant from me.

I have completely mismanaged my roster in the one league that I care about, with money on the line.

10 man, 1PPR, standard roster size. Keepers that accumulate from year 1 to year 4, of which we are in. Rosters are pretty bizarre because of this, with a lot of "how the gently caress could you draft both those players??" oddities.

I've held CMC since I joined the league in 2017, his rookie year, and when he's healthy I've made it very deep in the playoffs, losing the 'ship game twice now. My team has morphed into something incredibly RB heavy because I'm so traumatized by having my stud RBs go down and watching my teams implode because of that. Unfortunately, I shifted so hard in that direction that I've build WR corps off scrap heaps.

This year I opted to keep CMC, Derrick Henry, Jalen Hurts, and Tee Higgins from last year. Higgins was by far my most productive receiver, even with injuries. I opted to keep him over...T.J. Hockenson. Big mistake. And I've been basically streaming TEs this year because in this league people routinely roster 2 QBs, 2 TEs, and 2 DSTs.

At WR I drafted Christian Watson (lol, dropped and re-added), Mike Williams (rip), Jakobi Meyers (dropped, some regrets), Jahan Dotson (dropped). I'm going in to the playoffs at 8-5 as the 2 seed with a PF of 8th place because I've lucked out in matchups. I'm looking at starting players like Brandin Cooks, Diontae Johnson, or Josh Downs :(

I recognize that had I been more proactive in trying for a trade before the deadline I could have avoided this. But, you know, it's Fantasy Football and real life takes precedence. But being more decisive would have put me in a much better spot. I fully expect to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Anti-Hero posted:

But, you know, it's Fantasy Football and real life takes precedence.

This is why you will never win

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

This is why you will never win

:( :( :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

This is just a big rant from me.

I have completely mismanaged my roster in the one league that I care about, with money on the line.

10 man, 1PPR, standard roster size. Keepers that accumulate from year 1 to year 4, of which we are in. Rosters are pretty bizarre because of this, with a lot of "how the gently caress could you draft both those players??" oddities.

I've held CMC since I joined the league in 2017, his rookie year, and when he's healthy I've made it very deep in the playoffs, losing the 'ship game twice now. My team has morphed into something incredibly RB heavy because I'm so traumatized by having my stud RBs go down and watching my teams implode because of that. Unfortunately, I shifted so hard in that direction that I've build WR corps off scrap heaps.

This year I opted to keep CMC, Derrick Henry, Jalen Hurts, and Tee Higgins from last year. Higgins was by far my most productive receiver, even with injuries. I opted to keep him over...T.J. Hockenson. Big mistake. And I've been basically streaming TEs this year because in this league people routinely roster 2 QBs, 2 TEs, and 2 DSTs.

At WR I drafted Christian Watson (lol, dropped and re-added), Mike Williams (rip), Jakobi Meyers (dropped, some regrets), Jahan Dotson (dropped). I'm going in to the playoffs at 8-5 as the 2 seed with a PF of 8th place because I've lucked out in matchups. I'm looking at starting players like Brandin Cooks, Diontae Johnson, or Josh Downs :(

I recognize that had I been more proactive in trying for a trade before the deadline I could have avoided this. But, you know, it's Fantasy Football and real life takes precedence. But being more decisive would have put me in a much better spot. I fully expect to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Watson, Williams, Dotson, and Diontae were widely considered to be good picks this year. All of those offenses were projected to take a big step forward. And mostly they didn't, but welp, what are you gonna do. Drafting WR early rather than RB wasn't a slam dunk either. Don't ask me how my teams where my first couple picks includes some mix of Davate Adams, Jaylen Waddle, and Garrett Wilson are doing. Sometimes you roll snakeeyes and literally all of your dudes get hurt or underperform

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah I wouldn’t beat yourself up too hard. Fantasy hindsight is always 20/20, especially by the time we’re in Week 13.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Don't be too hard on yourself. Watson, Williams, Dotson, and Diontae were widely considered to be good picks this year. All of those offenses were projected to take a big step forward. And mostly they didn't, but welp, what are you gonna do. Drafting WR early rather than RB wasn't a slam dunk either. Don't ask me how my teams where my first couple picks includes some mix of Davate Adams, Jaylen Waddle, and Garrett Wilson are doing. Sometimes you roll snakeeyes and literally all of your dudes get hurt or underperform

Whoreson Welles posted:

Yeah I wouldn’t beat yourself up too hard. Fantasy hindsight is always 20/20, especially by the time we’re in Week 13.

Thanks folks. I guess most of my despondency stems from the fact that I KNEW I should try and trade with someone when it became apparent my WRs were a huge liability, and I had a plethora of RBs that were going to waste (James Conner, Rachaad White, Rhamondre were all behind CMC and King Henry at one point). A Michael Pittman Jr. type could probably have been had 4 weeks ago and I'd be feeling a lot better.

But who knows, I got Josh Palmer chilling in IR and maybe he'll come save me!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’ve had very similar bouts of indicisiveness in the past that have turned out poorly. Even earlier this year I had picked up Noah Brown, but then dropped him for Khalil Shakir. That same morning I also contemplated trading a losing team for CeeDee but hesitated.

Shakir gets me like 4, Brown pops off for 20, CeeDee exploded for 30. I lost by 1.2. I immediately traded for CeeDee the next day but had to give a little more, and I’ll be pissed if that single loss costs me the #1 seed and a shot at our league’s long-standing dynasty pot.

However, it also works in your favor. Earlier in the thread I posted about how my hesitation lead to me getting the Dolphins D/ST instead of the Chiefs.

Nobody ever knows what’s going to happen. Just trust your gut and deal with the consequences.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Does anyone else "demote" players to the second RB / WR spot or into Flex if they're under-performing?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Tom Tucker posted:

Does anyone else "demote" players to the second RB / WR spot or into Flex if they're under-performing?

How else will they know my disappointment

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Tom Tucker posted:

I’m trying to encourage Ford to dream bigger by keeping him in the top spot on my team. So yes.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Tom Tucker posted:

Flex spot is reserved for late games, but I do hover over the Drop button for a couple seconds to let them know they’re on thin ice.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sleeper lets you nickname players and I'm sure they know personally when I assign one

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I nicknamed Flacco "Elite" after he made my lineup in my best ball league

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Tom Tucker posted:

I'll even bench them early in the week to show that I mean business

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
I’ve somehow ended up at the top of my league and clinching a first round bye so this week’s game doesn’t matter. I’m sure it will all come crumbling down in the playoffs tho!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tom Tucker posted:

Does anyone NOT do this? If so, we should all ridicule them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
You gotta let them know that they don't even need to be switched out for someone at the same position. You're this close to getting replaced by a second TE, you hear me?