Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the idea of someone scooping all the bread out of a bagel and it being anyone other than a jolly fat person doing it so they can fill it with cream cheese or something... to do this to make it more healthy instead of less healthy disgusts me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That bagel guy was being nice just throwing him out IMO

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i kjust googled it and i'm loving pissed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the idea of someone scooping all the bread out of a bagel and it being anyone other than a jolly fat person doing it so they can fill it with cream cheese or something... to do this to make it more healthy instead of less healthy disgusts me

lmao yeah it's clearly just a backdoor for more strawberry cream cheese, they're not fooling anyone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

taking the middle out of bread is something my italian great grandma would do to make her bread crumbs for meatballs. shed tell everyone eating a sandwich that they were too fat already and to give her what she kept calling the "muliga" in her weird dialect so she could use it for another meal

i guess California is creating a race of nona-fied men

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Oct 27, 2023

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
scooped bagels are the new avocado toast.

Zoomers are going to get the blame while baby boomers fall in love with it.

Gonna bet Yorkes probably even invented the scooped bagel because they are bagel capital of the world, and are just blaming California but using midwestern transplants that are trying to fake their way to looking chic

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Oct 27, 2023

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i would kill a man who ordered food the way i don't like

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Peanut President posted:

dont go to Cincinnati

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://youtu.be/u_fHXoaup2Q?si=MbAY9fQokTXznz5x&t=23

Edit
https://www.youtube.com/@xcori/videos

17 years ago, 2 scooped bagel video, and two videos about the LIE accidents, the Long Island Express Way

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Oct 28, 2023

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Peanut President posted:

dispensing street justice on other customs so the wagies know I'm one of the good ones.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Peanut President posted:

this but unironically

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
Scooping out bagels is old as poo poo. Its pointless and lame but nevertheless its nothing new. Dudes a fuckin loser is all, its why he didnt get his request. Exhudes annoying customer energy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Gonna bet Yorkes probably even invented the scooped bagel because they are bagel capital of the world, and are just blaming California but using midwestern transplants that are trying to fake their way to looking chic
I decided to do my own research, and come to this stunning discovery:

The application process for the patent for the bagel scooper was begun in 2002, by Elizabeth Chelsea Teich (Melville, NY, US) and Meghan Joy Musgnug (Huntington Station, NY, US).

While this does not prove that New Yorkers invented the scooped bagel, as the application touts the hygiene benefits over finger scooping, it does point to a New York origin. Or at least New York complicity.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Peanut President posted:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

wars will be fought over fargo

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Every single more than 100 miles from the great lakes' shoreline is gonna be on the wrong side of The Wall

Stay away from Are Water!!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

also this game was called shattered union and it kind of sucked

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

what the gently caress, shreveport

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Deseret and the USA are both doomed, entirely landlocked and without nearly enough water to sustain themselves

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Relevant Tangent posted:

Deseret and the USA are both doomed, entirely landlocked and without nearly enough water to sustain themselves

They called themselves Deser(e)t, they knew what they signed up for

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
USA gets the silos, though. Once you've made it past HoI timeline you've gotta cut a notch out of it for Canadian/EU/Brittania peacekeepers or something unless it's an EU4 mod and you're presuming industrial collapse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Laughing so hard at vegas.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Laughing so hard at vegas.

Mormon Taliban rolls in to ban drinking, gambling, and dancing. Vegas empties out overnight. Everyone rejoices.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Mormon Taliban rolls in to ban drinking, gambling, and dancing. Vegas empties out overnight. Everyone rejoices.

Mormon Taliban ftw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in some wars there are no winners

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is the mormon taliban on good terms with the islamic tabernacle of afganistan?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Why is Georgia not just Georgia??

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buffalo would rather break off and join Canada than become a member of "New England"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It basically is already

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

It basically is already

no it is not

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Um, snows a lot, it's canada

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's not new england

say it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh I know it wasn't new england. I meant it was basically already candada

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh phew no that's fine idc about that

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Real-time balk happening itt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Buffalo exists to

1. Jump through burning tables at bills games

2. Go to niagara falls, CANADA

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

As a Philadelphian, NY is at least half New England. It's got half the name already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
ptew like i care about any pennsylvanian's opinion on this