Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I'm in this situation. I accepted her condition because Amirah is in my "short list" of people I'm interested in (alongside Mi-an and Grace) and I was afraid of losing the opportunity, but I don't want to commit to anyone yet (my initial top choice was Grace and she hasn't even gotten a chance to do anything yet).

Is it maybe an option to just indefinitely put off hanging out with her 4 times? Or does she require you hang out with her each week?

I wanted the mission out of my quest log, especially because it'd keep popping into the pinned ones automatically. So my choices were "lead Amirah on and then tell her no at the last minute" or "have this annoying thing yelling at me to do it forever," and sorry Amirah, you're a nice girl but I gotta fix my UI.

On the subject of business sense, I do feel like Catori's just kind of in over her head and had no idea how hard it would be. She does manage to keep her head above water somewhat, because she's mediocre but not actually bad at this, it's just that bad poo poo keeps happening, like "opening day for my big new attraction happens just as there's a mutant lizard attack" or whatever. There's also the fact that what she's trying to do isn't really a good setup for where she's doing it. She wants to set up a nice amusement park, okay that's not so bad. She's doing it in Sandrock because the land is cheaper. But there is a reason the land is cheaper, and that's because it's a dying shithole in the middle of loving nowhere. To be perfectly honest, all of the main "let's unfuck this town" plot of Sandrock feels like a holding action until a deus ex moneybags can fix everything.

Which brings me to Arvio: Catori is "gumption, some talent, poor circumstances," but Arvio is "failing upwards because there's nowhere else to go." I mean, poo poo, look at Sandrock! You have a small handful of specialized stores, and for anything else, you need the general store. Arvio is getting those customers by default, because where else are you going to go?

And on an unrelated note, Elsie's first design feels like if you give her a Heart Knot, the next day the train is going to pull into the station and it's carrying Chris Hanson who'd like you to have a seat right there. Her second design actually feels like she fits in with the other romance options. Although she's one of the "I wish I could wingman to pair the spares" types. C'mon, Elsie, just ask Mi-an out on a date, we all know you want to. Give that workaholic something else to live for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Post Fall from Grace spoilers I know you can't marry Pen but apparently you can marry Miguel, what happens when he's arrested? I literally had my wedding happen the same day as this big showdown and it would have been quite the bummer if he was my fiance lmao

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I missed out on Venti because she kept on saying I could use the salvage yard for free but I had 10s of thousand of gils so saving 200 didn't interest me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

limp_cheese posted:

I missed out on Venti because she kept on saying I could use the salvage yard for free but I had 10s of thousand of gils so saving 200 didn't interest me.

Doesn't it first come up as her just inviting you out at night? It seemed kinda obvious to me from the beginning that it was a social date.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FireWorksWell posted:

Post Fall from Grace spoilers I know you can't marry Pen but apparently you can marry Miguel, what happens when he's arrested? I literally had my wedding happen the same day as this big showdown and it would have been quite the bummer if he was my fiance lmao

He is the one member of the conspiracy you can eventually successfully lobby to be released back into the community after a prolonged quest chain of talking to him in jail and making him realize how much he hosed up.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I didn't want to start my time in Sandrock ripping off the salvage crew ;-;

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Sydin posted:

He is the one member of the conspiracy you can eventually successfully lobby to be released back into the community after a prolonged quest chain of talking to him in jail and making him realize how much he hosed up.

That's really cool! I am a little bummed Yan was in on it all though, I liked him.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

"So you've got a window..."

"I've got five windows."

Unsuur is one of my favorites at this point

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

FireWorksWell posted:

"So you've got a window..."

"I've got five windows."

Unsuur is one of my favorites at this point

I started with a fairly meh impression of him, but he rapidly became one of my favorites as well. Just the perfect deadpan humor.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
I quite enjoyed Amirah and Arvio’s story of immigrants trying to build a better life for themselves and their parents, it’s just that Arvio is such a child until getting shut down hard by Musa forces him to gain some self-awareness gets him to grow up . Thankfully Arvio doesn’t come hang around more often if you marry Amirah, and neither do the in-laws, because the siblings built them a cute house in Sandrock :3:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought musa was very polite to explain things to him so clearly.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Tired Moritz posted:

Yup. Exactly what happened with me. Her quest popped for me super early and I felt weird about it so I kept declining and oops. lol

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The writers want you to know that they have seen Internet things before. (Reaction dialogue from a mid-late game story quest, so minor spoilers.)

a
b

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

It was being installed on their car

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Venti is the best and deserves all the love in the world.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

Semirelated but it's kinda hosed up that when you get married you can tell Nia that you used to have a crush on her, and now you'll never know how it could have gone lol, I wanted to see how she'd respond but I couldn't do it myself

I did it out of curiosity and she gets mad at you (though no relationship penalty). Says something like "How could you say something like that? Even if you're joking...that's messed up! You're married now!"

e: adding on to waifu chat, I'd say that my S tier would be Mi-An, Nia, and Grace. I was actually liking Grace the most at first but then Mi-An really grew on me.

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 7, 2023

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tired Moritz posted:

Yep. I thought I was being smart not breaking the law. I was still reeling from Burgess showing up out of nowhere when I chopped down a tree on day one!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

FireWorksWell posted:

More spoilers related to this Taunting Yan with the cell keys in the most drawn out way and bringing him into a breakdown was such a treat. And then Pen just beats up on him, hahahaha.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Anyone know which button to press to rename a storage chest? PC version, playing with a (PS4) controller.

The icon next to the chest name is two interlocked rounded rectangles or something like that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

I'll let you know when I get time to jump back in proper bc my main goal is to marry him ASAP to see what happens. My main worry is that I hate him and don't like talking to him, so its a challenge.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Anyone know which button to press to rename a storage chest? PC version, playing with a (PS4) controller.

The icon next to the chest name is two interlocked rounded rectangles or something like that.

On PS5 it's the touchpad, dunno if it's the same with your ps4 controller

Khanstant posted:

I'll let you know when I get time to jump back in proper bc my main goal is to marry him ASAP to see what happens. My main worry is that I hate him and don't like talking to him, so its a challenge.

I don't like him either, you're doing good work

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

FireWorksWell posted:

More spoilers related to this Taunting Yan with the cell keys in the most drawn out way and bringing him into a breakdown was such a treat. And then Pen just beats up on him, hahahaha.

oh god DANGIT I think I missed this scene

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

FireWorksWell posted:

On PS5 it's the touchpad, dunno if it's the same with your ps4 controller
It’s not, at least it’s not clicking the touchpad.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm on PC with an XBOX gamepad and you know what, while it shows the prompt for the back button, it doesn't seem to actually work. Maybe there's a bug? I only just realized this because I'd usually switch to my m+k to rename the boxes.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Megazver posted:

oh god DANGIT I think I missed this scene

https://youtu.be/-Nn05H_AsHY?si=QziN7MSNM930oL7X

Thankfully I had an autosave from the start of that day.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

FireWorksWell posted:

https://youtu.be/-Nn05H_AsHY?si=QziN7MSNM930oL7X

Thankfully I had an autosave from the start of that day.

You're a savior! Hahah, this is Yan gold.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

No problem, it gave me an excuse to see it all again after all!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Megazver posted:

I'm on PC with an XBOX gamepad and you know what, while it shows the prompt for the back button, it doesn't seem to actually work. Maybe there's a bug? I only just realized this because I'd usually switch to my m+k to rename the boxes.

I’m leaning towards bug, too.

On the PS4 controller that icon is for the “Share” button. Same icon is displayed next to “open map” and pressing it there does in fact open the map. I know it worked a few days ago because three of my chests are renamed. But it doesn’t work today.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I suppose that's one way to win Tour de Rock race.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I suppose that's one way to win Tour de Rock race.

everyone who finishes after the player gets listed as DQed, I believe, the game doesn't give them times

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
I wish sandracing wasn't so intensely unpleasant

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I had figured out that the best way to reorganize my workshop machine/building layout was through the construction office (seriously, don't move each item manually with your character, go do it from the top-down view at the construction office).

But today I learned that you can select multiple items at once and "group" them and move/rotate them as a group. I had spent so much time moving individual chests and machines. :negative:

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

So I had figured out that the best way to reorganize my workshop machine/building layout was through the construction office (seriously, don't move each item manually with your character, go do it from the top-down view at the construction office).

But today I learned that you can select multiple items at once and "group" them and move/rotate them as a group. I had spent so much time moving individual chests and machines. :negative:

Be sure to buy the home editing kit from the construction office so you don’t have to go there every time you want to reorganize.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

chami posted:

Be sure to buy the home editing kit from the construction office so you don’t have to go there every time you want to reorganize.

Buy it, click it once to unlock it, sell it right back to Construction Junction

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Please post your houses and workshops, I have no sense of design and rely on imitation for more efficient and aesthetically pleasing layouts in all games

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

Please post your houses and workshops, I have no sense of design and rely on imitation for more efficient and aesthetically pleasing layouts in all games

<picture of a cube>

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Sloober posted:

<picture of a cube>

Better than mine

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I just uninstalled and don't feel like reinstalling to take a screenshot, so I'll describe it:

I just stacked six max-size rooms onto one another to make a tower (had space issues outside until the last couple of Workshop upgrades, so I tried to minimize its footprint), put some windows on the walls and some signs on the roof.

ZeeCee
Jan 6, 2023

Hello thread! I hope you're all doing well. I have a question. Is there any way to reserve a spot in storage for items so that auto-sorted items always go there? Example: I use all 10 of my copper plates from my storage container, can I reserve the spot they were in so when I make more plates I can have them auto-sort back into the same spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ZeeCee posted:

Hello thread! I hope you're all doing well. I have a question. Is there any way to reserve a spot in storage for items so that auto-sorted items always go there? Example: I use all 10 of my copper plates from my storage container, can I reserve the spot they were in so when I make more plates I can have them auto-sort back into the same spot?

The only way to do that (AFAIK) is to not use up all of them in storage, alas. I would usually just carry the stuff I would regularly zero out on in the backpack.