Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

if meet an rear end in a top hat in the morning,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my neighbors are complex people with nuanced qualities and complicated lives. and im going to kill every last one of them for hte crime of living near where i bought my house

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

woke operator posted:

my neighbors are complex people with nuanced qualities and complicated lives. and im going to kill every last one of them for hte crime of living near where i bought my house

that's the spirit

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
I moved to a rural area and have the best relationship I've ever had with a neighbor. We make each other food and share plants and watch each other's pets. As another neighbor said, "people up here, you either want to hug em or shoot em"

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

woke operator posted:

like i dont believe all your neighbors are old but what if it was true. what were the circumstances here

The only homes young people can afford around here are in neighborhoods boomers live in for like 30-40 years until they die. Only once they get shipped off to the funeral home or old folks home can young families snap up the homes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

neighbors are like the people you sat near in homeroom

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I was the best man at the wedding of a guy I sat in homeroom with earlier this year

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
yelling "what can't you just be normal" at goons

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Sorry I couldn't help it that time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Casey Finnigan posted:

My nephew watched the Ms Rachel videos on YouTube that are supposed to teach kids stuff. I don't know if it had any impact. But he recently learned the word "gently caress" and has been going around saying it. Idk might be related

I have surveyed all of Mrs Rachel's material and she says gently caress 0 times. Never once is there a gently caress in those videos.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

woke operator posted:

interesting. so you want him to die

Yes what was I unclear about, he's a massive piece of poo poo who threatens people and lets his dog attack everything and drunkenly yells racist trash in his backyard. After his dog mauled my cat in front of me he got drunk and tried to force his way past my wife into our house to take pictures of our drugged up invalid pet because we were "loving liars." He's a scumbag. He is not going to make an Act 3 shift into being a good person, he is an entitled and socially corrosive tyrant with money and I will only be freed from living next to him when he keels over from an aneurysm after screaming at his TV about Joe Biden again. The cops have come over enough times for who knows what reason that I have to assume he's friends with some cause he keeps not getting arrested for whatever it is they're showing up for.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I thought he paid 500 bucks for a normal in person service, and then had to settle for remote because this happened in 2020.

SirPablo posted:

Your neighbors are Americans (or live in America). Americans are assholes. By the associative property, your neighbors are assholes.

:hmmyes:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I'm normal too actually. I wear a shirt that says "NORMAL" so other people can tell at a glance

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

I'm normal too actually. I wear a shirt that says "NORMAL" so other people can tell at a glance

that shirt says "NERMAL" and it's garfield merchandise

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
noone would buy a nermal shirt let's be real

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I watch my neighbors house during the summer and he snowblows our sidewalk and driveway in the winter.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

Who the gently caress enjoyed 2020? What kind of nutcase situation were you in?

the first two months before covid where it looked like bernie was going to win the nomination were good

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

It's almost as if it wasn't black & white but rather nuanced (as well as different across various u.s. states & other countries) as to how it was handled & how people dealt with it.

eta: When I was struggling mental-health-wise it was incredibly infuriating for people to shrug it off as WHAT PANDEMIC? BEACHES ARE OPEN IN STATES A THOUSAND MILES FROM YOU! or I LOVE WEARING MASKS & STAYING INSIDE FOR MONTHS AT A TIME or risk being labeled a germ-spreading chud.

(I stayed inside, got vaxed as soon as I could, & it still sucked mightily, bc I'm not a shut-in social phobic who could afford to have groceries & meals delivered by a literal servant class risking their own health & lives.)

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 20:45 on Dec 7, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Business Gorillas posted:

"The economy is falling apart because investors are asking for real world results"

with low low interest rates, a business only had to have a roi higher than money sitting in a bank. now there are standards

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlimGoodbody posted:

Yes what was I unclear about, he's a massive piece of poo poo who threatens people and lets his dog attack everything and drunkenly yells racist trash in his backyard. After his dog mauled my cat in front of me he got drunk and tried to force his way past my wife into our house to take pictures of our drugged up invalid pet because we were "loving liars." He's a scumbag. He is not going to make an Act 3 shift into being a good person, he is an entitled and socially corrosive tyrant with money and I will only be freed from living next to him when he keels over from an aneurysm after screaming at his TV about Joe Biden again. The cops have come over enough times for who knows what reason that I have to assume he's friends with some cause he keeps not getting arrested for whatever it is they're showing up for.

what was the certification process like to allow you to decide whos a good enough person to live?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Not threatening people or being a racist would be a great start.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

woke operator posted:

what was the certification process like to allow you to decide whos a good enough person to live?

The only thing worse than this derail are you loving weirdos jumping to the defense of a dude you don't know. Like, do y'all get paid to do this poo poo or is it just for the thrill?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mycomancy posted:

The only thing worse than this derail are you loving weirdos jumping to the defense of a dude you don't know. Like, do y'all get paid to do this poo poo or is it just for the thrill?

it's for the thrill

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

mycomancy posted:

i get paid

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

woke operator posted:

uh oh this guy is mad

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doomsday Economics

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

mycomancy posted:

Both

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao oh my god dawg

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gotta work every side hustle i can

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
me looking directly into a security camera above the underwear case "please open the case and let me buy this underwear. I promise to take it to the register and buy it with my money. please"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

me looking directly into a security camera above the underwear case "please open the case and let me buy this underwear. I promise to take it to the register and buy it with my money. please"
please wait 45 minutes for the next available sales rep

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

economy seems like its on the up and up ya'll, we did it :toot:. back to work, target's hiring people to open socks cabinents

quote:

Companies rush to take advantage of sharp drop in borrowing costs
Bond issuance by US and European firms surges as market becomes more confident of interest rate cuts next year

Companies on both sides of the Atlantic are rushing to issue debt, taking advantage of the cheapest borrowing costs available in months following the sharp global bond market rally.

Corporate borrowers in the US and Europe issued $246bn worth of investment-grade and junk bonds in November alone — 57 per cent more than October’s total, and $16bn higher than the average figure for the first 10 months of the year, according to data from LSEG.

The flurry of issuance has continued this week, with highly rated borrowers including General Motors Financial, phosphate producer Mosaic and telecoms tower owner Crown Castle announcing fresh deals.

Further down the credit quality ladder, low-grade borrowers including Kinetic Holdings, automobile financing firm Credit Acceptance and residential mortgage company PennyMac Financial Services are among those joining the ranks of issuers in recent days.

“You don’t see that level of activity the week after Thanksgiving or into December” in a normal year, said Teddy Hodgson, co-head of Morgan Stanley’s investment-grade syndicate.

The acceleration in issuance follows a rapid shift in investor sentiment over the past few weeks, in which markets have begun to price in US and European interest rate cuts in the first half of next year. As recently as October, fears over “higher for longer” interest rates had pushed many companies to press pause on borrowing plans.

“There is definitely a wave of supply trying to get in before year-end,” said Maureen O’Connor, global head of Wells Fargo’s high-grade debt syndicate.

“All the stuff that is trickier throughout a more choppy market environment is finding a welcome reception,” she added. “[Conditions] are so vastly improved from where we were in October that you are seeing some of the more truly opportunistic stuff coming to the market.”

US bonds recorded their best monthly performance in nearly four decades in November, as softer-than-forecast inflation and jobs reports fuelled expectations that the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank will begin cutting rates as soon as spring 2024.

Treasury yields, which move inversely to prices, have dropped sharply and translated into lower borrowing costs for companies across the credit spectrum.

The average yield for high-grade US bond issuers now stands at 5.52 per cent, its lowest level since July, according to data from Ice BofA. Junk bond yields, meanwhile, are now less than 8.4 per cent, also their lowest level since July.

“It does not feel like a market that’s hanging its boots up for the year. This is one of the most positive backdrops of the year,” said Mark Lynagh, head of global investment-grade finance at BNP Paribas. “[For companies] it’s a great time to go.”

As yields have fallen, the premium over Treasuries paid by corporate borrowers to issue debt has also dropped rapidly, as investors’ appetite for risk has increased. The so-called “spread” on investment grade bonds has fallen to 1.12 percentage points, around its tightest level since February 2022.

Part of the pick-up in issuance reflects “pent-up volume” from deals that had been expected in October and early November, said Richard Zogheb, global head of debt capital markets at Citi. However, there is also “absolutely a component of folks who are seeing [companies] coming to market and what they’re able to achieve, and saying ‘wow, this looks kind of attractive’”.

Pointing to the conflicts in the Middle East and Ukraine, he noted that “there’s still a lot of uncertainty in the world”.

“[Borrowers are saying], ‘if I can move quickly, maybe I should think about accessing this market’,” he added.

So far, overall volumes for the fourth quarter are not expected to be significantly higher than average because of October’s weak volumes, say bankers.

However, the decline in debt costs means that “a number of issuers [are] making a conscientious decision to get ahead of funding next year”, said Morgan Stanley’s Hodgson.

“The investment-grade market rarely holds for considerable periods of time at spreads [at these levels] other than extreme stimulus environments like we saw during Covid,” he added.

Many companies have looming refinancing needs. Investment-grade US companies, for instance, have a record $1.26tn of bonds coming due in the next five years, up 12 per cent from the previous year, according to an October report from rating agency Moody’s. Speculative, or junk-rated, maturities over the same period stood at $1.87tn across bonds and loans — also a new record.

Some said the rush to borrow could also reflect concerns that unexpected data or other developments — for example, a hotter than forecast inflation report — could trigger a reversal in bond yields.

“There is a sense that [the market] might continue to feel good, but it very well might not,” said Wells Fargo’s O’Connor. “So some companies are saying — ‘why not go now, and at least de-risk a portion of my funding needs — if not all of them?’”.

Citi’s Zogheb said the market was likely to remain solid until Christmas. “Ourselves and our competitors are out there encouraging people and saying ‘it feels really good’,” he said.

“Investors believe that inflation is under control and that we are heading for a soft landing . . . but no one knows for sure and things can change quickly.”

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The fundamentals are solid strong stout sturdy steady stable

woke operator posted:

Smiling serenely and making empathetic eye contact and gently resting my hand on your shoulder as I invite you to eat my poo poo and hair

Edit: so which banned malcontent are you the re-reg for

SlimGoodbody has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Dec 7, 2023

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlimGoodbody posted:

The fundamentals are solid strong stout sturdy steady stable

Smiling serenely and making empathetic eye contact and gently resting my hand on your shoulder as I invite you to eat my poo poo and hair

lol freak

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

blatman posted:

if u want to go to a theme park just visit dollywood like a normal person

every time you go outside in america its a horrible theme park

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i live where target started (twin cities) and they have these for everything now

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1732775207662661936

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

“Burn corn to keep warm, it makes a hot fire”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Makes sense. Cashing in that carbon footprint big time