Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Why the gently caress is the best game of the year so far on at 4pm on a thursday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

Why the gently caress is the best game of the year so far on at 4pm on a thursday?

Football

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tae posted:

Football

the answer is cowardice but yes football

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Giannis is probably gonna put up 40 or maybe 50 again. Pacers are gonna do what they do. It should be a fun game.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dokmo posted:

It was definitely the worst this year. Just for fun, here are the worst triple doubles (by game score) over the last ten years (Jokic's ranks #70):

I respect Russ for ruining any idea that a triple double was a significant achievement and not just stat padding

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Veryslightlymad posted:

You'd think a war criminal like Silver would be all about rigging things for the profit of Haliburton.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

[Charania] Zach LaVine's injury recovery coincidentally lines up with the mid-January date (Jan. 15th) where D'Angelo Russell and Rui Hachimura will be eligible for trade. Lakers and 76ers expected to have interest in trading for LaVine.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Lavine? No thanks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

You'd think a war criminal like Silver would be all about rigging things for the profit of Haliburton.

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

After defending Zach for five years that's it. No more soft bulls. Just give me a team with Dogs who can't loving shoot.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

de curry GOAT posted:

Lavine? No thanks

if we must take on a man with such massive Loser Vibes you gotta throw in alex caruso to balance it out

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lavine or some other lovely pseudostar is going to be a Knick soon with all their first rounders and IQ on the table

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Veryslightlymad posted:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Veryslightlymad posted:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

*checks jersey*

Yeah I’m still here

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1732826945606266882?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

After defending Zach for five years that's it. No more soft bulls. Just give me a team with Dogs who can't loving shoot.

Those kinds of teams are fun to cheer for, imo. You never have to question if they are living up to their potential or not. They give what they got and more.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I love the fans in [double checks jersey just to be safe] Chicago

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I haven't been keeping up with the Lavine anti-sweepstakes, is the going theory now that the Bulls will trade him to anyone so long as they get expiring (or near expiring) contracts back in return?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Veryslightlymad posted:

Eyyy

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dogs who can't loving shoot.

*PJ Tucker's ears perk up*

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is Lavine bad now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is Lavine bad now

the bulls are undefeated since they benched him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is Lavine bad now

he's Advanced Monte Ellis

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
He's still good, this is the normal bulls reaction pre trade. It happened to Butler too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao

Zach is a bit different than Butler, as even then I didn't want the Butler trade to happen. Butler had showed the ability to be an initiator, and creator for the team on the Bulls. Zach has not.

But also I'm just being hyperbolic and Silly.

Zach is a perfectly good player who is playing on a team that pretty much forces him to play in the way that's least conducive to him having success.

He desperately needs to play on a team with a point guard/initiator of some kind which allows him secondary or tertiary defensive coverage which allows him to hit 3's or murder closeouts.

He is a dire decision maker with the ball in his hand. Which on this Bulls team he has more than he should.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Pacers-Pels is going to be so fun

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Are there any of these YouTube video essay guys who have done stuff on the ABA? I have the itch

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was fine with zach until he quit on the team and stopped giving a gently caress and had lovely vibes, he's an excellent scorer who doesn't do anything else and has been forced to be the best or second best guy on dogshit teams his entire career. if he gets on the right team, he will be excellent and maybe for the first loving time in his career an actual winning player, but i'm sick of his poo poo. get him out of here. boo his rear end at the united center!!!!!!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

alright who's ready to wait an hour and 45 minutes for the next game woo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
LaVine will probably be good in a role where he can be a secondary bucket-getter, but it doesn't help his standing among Bulls fans that his trade request came at a time when he is legitimately playing way worse than he has at any point over the past 5 years, and the team has significantly regressed from the already-mediocre level it's been at post-Lonzo injury. Dude has genuinely noxious vibes right now; one assumes it'll get straightened out with a change of scenery but still

Also I don't think any Bulls fans here were down on Jimmy or eager to trade him. We are fully capable of just hating our dumb rear end front office when they are actually failing a star player

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like the 3 Alphas thing became a joke, because

1. The bulls said they needed to get younger and more athletic, and then surrounded Jimmy with Rondo, and loving Dwayne Wade.

2. They tried building around Jimmy for one year, surrounding him with the worst possible things to surround him with, and then gave up, after he told his coach to coach him and the team harder.

MY VETS.

We talked about the Jimmy trade like we did because it was a fait accompli after that. This front office was too conflict averse to ever deal with an ascending star level player who didn't like their lovely handpicked coach.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one more bulls thing, it is extremely funny that now that they're just playing out the string this season, julian philips is getting on the court and dalen terry is still stuck on the bench, i love that goofy guy but drat how much must he suck.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm pretty low on a Lavine trade for the Lakers, the money just doesn't work out without it returning the Lakers to the situation they were in pre-Westbrook trade, which is all their money being tied up in three players.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Criminal Minded posted:

Are there any of these YouTube video essay guys who have done stuff on the ABA? I have the itch

Sounds like there’s money to be made plagiarizing Loose Balls

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

OzFactor posted:

Pacers-Pels is going to be so fun

Silver, Lebron and Scott Foster are in a three way call right now ensuring this doesn't happen

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Rick posted:

I'm pretty low on a Lavine trade for the Lakers, the money just doesn't work out without it returning the Lakers to the situation they were in pre-Westbrook trade, which is all their money being tied up in three players.

Nah, Lavine is a perfect player for the Knicks. Fools gold but hyped to the moon because "Mecca of basketball" or something.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the tournament finals not including the lakers or the celtics is pretty much silver's nightmare scenario

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Disagree. Exposing Haliburton to a huge audience is exactly the kind of thing Silver would want from this. And if Zion is there too? I think that's a great showcase for young talent.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kingcobweb posted:

Sounds like there’s money to be made plagiarizing Loose Balls

From what I understand from watching a four hour video on it, it's the best way to get super rich on Youtube.

This is a lie I only watched two hours of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chronicles posted:

Disagree. Exposing Haliburton to a huge audience is exactly the kind of thing Silver would want from this. And if Zion is there too? I think that's a great showcase for young talent.

so not only is silver favoring haliburton he's also an enthusiastic zionist