Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Oh hell yeah, thanks! It's as good as I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There's a digitally-drawn comic, webcombic-style format from sometime in the last 20 years, probably last 10. It sets up a character creation, asking which species the player wants to be, what kind of mount they want, which exotic location they will call home, and the player answers in the most boring way every time, "Human, horse, big castle." and ends with "Ready to quest." I cannot for the life of me find this, and the wording contains enough generic text that it really throws search engines off.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Eyebrow-raisingly awful game mode name notwithstanding that video was extremely 2000s-fun to watch and I hate YouTube for that "making all unlisted videos private automatically unless you stop us lol" or whatever thing they did a few years back that surely destroyed hundreds of thousands of video memories from that era

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Not sure if it should be here on the music thread, but here goes:

A music video from roughly the 120-Minutes era of MTV. Genre would be the Chemical Brothers drum-and-bass IDM sound. I think there something that sounded like a lute or mandolin as the lead melodic line. Video features a woman wearing a white dress walking around the city. The city moves in time-lapse but the woman is at normal speed. I did check through some Chemical Brothers videos but no joy.

I hope this is an easy one and I get to see how hilarious wrong I was about all the details.

Rooster Brooster fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 7, 2023

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Rooster Brooster posted:

A music video from roughly the 120-Minutes era of MTV. Genre would be the Chemical Brothers drum-and-bass IDM sound. I think there something that sounded like a lute or mandolin as the lead melodic line. Video features a woman wearing a white dress walking around the city. The city moves in time-lapse but the woman is at normal speed. I did check through some Chemical Brothers videos but no joy.

I hope this is an easy one and I get to see how hilarious wrong I was about all the details.

Almost positive this is Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Grassy Knowles posted:

Almost positive this is Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be

That's similar! But! The song was slower and moodier. I recall most of the city stuff was at nighttime, which made the woman's white dress stand out more. I want to say it was an instrumental, but I can't be sure on that.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Maybe Another Chance by Roger Sanchez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlvPe959Ck

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Rooster Brooster posted:

Orbital - The Box
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJnve05CnNE

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
I take a stab at finding this every few years but I haven't had any luck.

There was a webcomic that ran in the early-to-mid 2000s; I read it around 2007-ish when it was already archived. It was a slice of life type thing about a moody teenage girl, her really energetic friend, and the boy who liked her but didn't know how to really process those feelings so it turned into bullying. Things I remember: the peppy character singing all the words to "It's the End of the World as We Know It" on a bus trip, and a long-running plotline about the moody character buying and fixing up a VW Rabbit.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Section 9 posted:

Orbital - The Box

Jesus Christ, this is it, thank you!

No white dress, pretty sure that isn't a mandolin, but still feel silly I couldn't find it on my own

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Rooster Brooster posted:

Jesus Christ, this is it, thank you!

No white dress, pretty sure that isn't a mandolin, but still feel silly I couldn't find it on my own
Turn in your White Whale card, Brooster, you are off the force

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.
I'm trying to remember a point and click adventure game on PC from the 90s (I think). It had static image screens and very simple graphics. It began in a city and then you quickly ended up in a fantasy world after going through a sewer or something. It's been on my mind for years and I can't figure it out.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Beardcrumb posted:

I'm trying to remember a point and click adventure game on PC from the 90s (I think). It had static image screens and very simple graphics. It began in a city and then you quickly ended up in a fantasy world after going through a sewer or something. It's been on my mind for years and I can't figure it out.

Is it The Manhole?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Beardcrumb posted:

Sounds sort of like Dare to Dream.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A bit from a superhero deconstruction that I figured was either from Venture Bros or (I swore) Watchmen. It's a bit about how the early outfit had a mask that was really dangerous and in their first fracas it got pulled over their eyes and nearly got them killed so they switched to a domino mask. But I've been working through watchmen recently and it's not in there near I can tell, unless it's in the bookend sections which are a lot wordier.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Milo and POTUS posted:

A bit from a superhero deconstruction that I figured was either from Venture Bros or (I swore) Watchmen. It's a bit about how the early outfit had a mask that was really dangerous and in their first fracas it got pulled over their eyes and nearly got them killed so they switched to a domino mask. But I've been working through watchmen recently and it's not in there near I can tell, unless it's in the bookend sections which are a lot wordier.

Watchmen has someone get killed because their cape got caught, I don’t remember anything about a mask though.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

Holy pig balls that's the one! Many thanks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lazyhound posted:

Watchmen has someone get killed because their cape got caught, I don’t remember anything about a mask though.

Maybe this was it. Do you remember the context?

e: oh it was dollar bill. hm unless someone learned a lesson from it it probably isn't it

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Maybe this was it. Do you remember the context?

It was someone reminiscing about an old hero named Dollar Bill, who died by being shot by bank robbers when he snagged on something. Might have been in the bonus material in the collected graphic novel rather than in the comic itself.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can remember exactly the scene you're talking about and I can't remember what it's from. Wild Cards, maybe?

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's a scene like that in Jessica Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdzhGKIg8LA

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lazyhound posted:

The cape getting caught is Dollar Bill, Nite Owl has a bit earlier in that chapter (chapter 3 of Under The Hood) about his own first domino mask.

"With the mail and leather headpiece hiding my hair, I found I only really needed a small domino mask to conceal my identity, but even this presented problems that weren't obvious at first glance. My first mask was attached to my face by the simple expediency of a string, but this nearly got me killed during my first ever outing in full costume, when a drunk with a knife hooked his fingers into the eyeholes of the domino and pulled it down so that I could only see out of one eye."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Strangely close, cool. Yeah I just started checking the endcaps. They're really good but you can't scan them as quick obviously

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I have very very vague memories of a kids show (late 90s, early 00s) that I believe was called just "Dinosaurs".

It was CGI IIRC and had dinosaurs that turn into robots or something. The last line of the intro theme is lodged into my mind, I believe it went "Dinos are back dinosauuuuuuurs". I can't find it anywhere.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

kiminewt posted:

I have very very vague memories of a kids show (late 90s, early 00s) that I believe was called just "Dinosaurs".

It was CGI IIRC and had dinosaurs that turn into robots or something. The last line of the intro theme is lodged into my mind, I believe it went "Dinos are back dinosauuuuuuurs". I can't find it anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFo1aPrhLq8

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

That was quick! drat, can't believe it was anime this whole time.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I haven’t been looking for ages, but don’t know how to search for it efficiently:

There’s an old screenshot of a Facebook post where a cat is sitting on a blanket illustrated with a forest scene and it looks like the cat is levitating and flying through the forest. The caption text is something like “Toki [cat’s name] likes to sleep on blankets and now it looks like he’s having a low-budget adventure flying through the forest.”

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? I’ve tried many combinations of all those words.

EDIT: I have found it!

EDIT: Give me a minute to host and link. I don’t leave anyone hanging:

I AM GRANDO fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 8, 2023

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

I AM GRANDO posted:

I haven’t been looking for ages, but don’t know how to search for it efficiently:

There’s an old screenshot of a Facebook post where a cat is sitting on a blanket illustrated with a forest scene and it looks like the cat is levitating and flying through the forest. The caption text is something like “Toki [cat’s name] likes to sleep on blankets and now it looks like he’s having a low-budget adventure flying through the forest.”

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? I’ve tried many combinations of all those words.

EDIT: I have found it!

Absolutely infuriating to make this edit with no picture

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Blood Nightmaster posted:

If it's less the music itself that's familiar and more just that particular line, there is a lyric in P!nk's "Don't Let Me Get Me" that has the same words/a similar delivery (at about 1:18):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asaCQOZpqUQ

This could be it, maybe I've overthought it. It's definitely not so much the music and more the delivery of the words. Going through it in my head I'm thinking it's Blink 182 maybe? I'm not about to run through their entire catalogue so if anyone has encyclopaedic knowledge do let me know if there's anything like that in their songs. I'm starting to think I'm imagining it now.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Many many years ago when I was a teenager working fast food, a manager gave me a cassette mix from a band(?) called Sweatlodge, or maybe the song I'm thinking of was named Sweatlodge. It had speech snippets by Jeffrey Dahmer. I had this thing in 1999 or 2000 and it's long gone. I've scoured Youtube and Spotify, and have not yielded any matching results to my late teenage memories

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A Zucker bros movie or similar where someone opens a car door and a flood of something like beer cans or trash comes out forming a comical pile that they have to step through to get out.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A Zucker bros movie or similar where someone opens a car door and a flood of something like beer cans or trash comes out forming a comical pile that they have to step through to get out.
This seems like it has to be it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyGZAg3lo9A&t=44s

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Leningrad Cowboys Go America?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTArt_oH7E8&t=30s

e: pasted the wrong link

Zopotantor fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 10, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

YES! Thank you.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Don’t miss the increasingly pink lips & fingers…when I was a kid I didn’t know why the man had lipstick on while eating.

Now my pistachios aren’t even dyed…😢

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

DerekSmartymans posted:

Don’t miss the increasingly pink lips & fingers…when I was a kid I didn’t know why the man had lipstick on while eating.

Now my pistachios aren’t even dyed…😢

Yeah but nowadays they're also pre-shelled which is a goddamn game changer.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

eating only apples posted:

This could be it, maybe I've overthought it. It's definitely not so much the music and more the delivery of the words. Going through it in my head I'm thinking it's Blink 182 maybe? I'm not about to run through their entire catalogue so if anyone has encyclopaedic knowledge do let me know if there's anything like that in their songs. I'm starting to think I'm imagining it now.

I Miss You (Particularly Tom's vocals)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3PALzZkGAo

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 12, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

What is the song that starts at 32:34 in this Proper People video? I probably should know but I don't. It's a banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaeeZAphc2Q&t=1944s

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
There was a toll free number in early 90's phone books that took you to a menu of touch tone options of pre recorded bits about news and weather, but if you navigated through the menus, you could find a handful of choose your own adventure stories, one of which said something along the lines of. "You are a brave bah bah bah bah barbara ann... no, barbarian!"

Like nobody else in the world has any memory of this existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

X JAKK posted:

There was a toll free number in early 90's phone books that took you to a menu of touch tone options of pre recorded bits about news and weather, but if you navigated through the menus, you could find a handful of choose your own adventure stories, one of which said something along the lines of. "You are a brave bah bah bah bah barbara ann... no, barbarian!"

Like nobody else in the world has any memory of this existing

Oh yeah, I spent exactly one afternoon messing around with that as a kid before my parents told me to quit hogging the phone line. Then a year later we got dial-up internet access.