Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Poops Mcgoots posted:

People know coffee is caffeinated and they'll generally buy one cup at a time, water it down with milk or cream and ice, and then nurse that one cup over the course of a morning.

Rookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

ponzicar posted:

I wonder if sales of the heart exploding lemonade have increased or decreased after killing those people? I admit, I kinda want to try a few sips of it.

You WILL get poo poo done while on one:

https://twitter.com/ostonox/status/1717592054417563829

OwlFancier posted:

Obviously they make it by dissolving Cake in it.

They went the Distance. They went for Speed.

Takes No Damage has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Dec 8, 2023

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

FFT posted:

Apparently NZ says "jandals" because some company trademarked the shortening of "Japanese sandals" for a while which is even more bewildering.

Nippon slip-ons.

In the 80's, New Zealand's Auckland Harbour Bridge was widened by attaching lanes on the outside. They were manufactured in Japan and were consequently dubbed the "Nippon Clip-ons".

ButterNBacon
Feb 17, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

Throw in butt-chugging a 4 Loko for good measure.

I thought they nerfed 4 loko

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender
Today I learned that the godawful Logan Paul / KSI "Prime" energy drinks had been banned in New Zealand due to having too much caffeine (260mg+), however NZ schoolkids are paying through the nose to obtain contraband ones, and kids are even buying empty cans for playground clout.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

minato posted:

Today I learned that the godawful Logan Paul / KSI "Prime" energy drinks had been banned in New Zealand due to having too much caffeine (260mg+), however NZ schoolkids are paying through the nose to obtain contraband ones, and kids are even buying empty cans for playground clout.

I’m guessing kids more buy empty cans because they think you can use them as a prop to sell fake prime

Or homeopathic prime

minato
Jun 7, 2004

Taco Defender

Grassy Knowles posted:

I’m guessing kids more buy empty cans because they think you can use them as a prop to sell fake prime
You give them too much credit.

quote:

Or homeopathic prime
So there's a non-banned version of Prime called Prime Refresh or something which has no caffeine. It looks similar but does nothing, so in that sense it's Homeopathic Prime, and kids are demanding pocket money to buy that too in the hopes of looking like they've got the hardcore one.

Blah blah no hope for humanity, I'm :corsair:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

minato posted:

You give them too much credit.

So there's a non-banned version of Prime called Prime Refresh or something which has no caffeine. It looks similar but does nothing, so in that sense it's Homeopathic Prime, and kids are demanding pocket money to buy that too in the hopes of looking like they've got the hardcore one.

I knew a kid who remelted hershey bars into a mold and sold them for 2x what he got them for on the playground. And I worked at multiple bars where we had to break any bottles we emptied or the owner would try to refill them with cheaper liquor. I give small business owners and their children about the same level of credit.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

minato posted:

Don't worry, once our new gov finishes making smoking legal again I'm sure letting kids have insane levels of caffeine will be next on the list.

But no phones in schools, that would be too distracting and bad for their health.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

minato posted:

Wait until they learn about the Lewis Road Creamery coffee milk that has 285mg/bottle (300mL).

Vaguely relevant NZ (Auckland) specific meme:
https://i.imgur.com/iytXEa6.mp4

Other memes:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Hey bud, it's me Leon.

You doing alright?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The lemonade that kills you is a beautiful sentence.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Cocaine Bear posted:

That's not a sentence

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There’s a verb and a noun?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Don't make me diagram that loving sentence fragment because I don't remember how

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Have some lemonade, nerd.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

minato posted:

I saw a whole pallet of them yesterday at the supermarket

Edit: I should of read the whole thread first

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

I know somebody's hosed with one of those and I curse myself for this dark knowledge.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
At least no-one was basic enough to say "Pickle Nick".

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

staberind posted:

:ironicat:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

staberind posted:

Because that's not how you spell his name :colbert:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cocaine Bear posted:

PYF Memes: The lemonade that kills you

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Desert Bus posted:

PYF Memes: The lemonade that kills you

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

maybeadracula posted:

Don't make me diagram that loving sentence fragment because I don't remember how

"lemonade" is the subject on the first horizontal line with the adjective "the" dangling from it. "that kills you" is a subordinate adjective clause with a relative pronoun and gets it's own horizontal track below the independent clause and is connected with a dashed vertical line.

I loving love diagramming

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Maldraedior posted:

"

I loving love diagramming

Too bad your mother didn't love diaphragm loving

ButterNBacon
Feb 17, 2004

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
They should call it demonade.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Too bad your mother didn't love diaphragm loving

Get their conjugating rear end

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

They should call it demonade.

A lemon demon you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrzKT-dFUjE

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm stealing this and going to use it to make fun of the c-spam car hate thread, it's perfect.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

If we're being real i basically only drink coffee. All day, like 35 cups of coffee, from the minute i get up until the minute i lay down.

How is anyone dying after 3 or 4 caffeinated drinks?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

titties posted:

If we're being real i basically only drink coffee. All day, like 35 cups of coffee, from the minute i get up until the minute i lay down.

Voltaire? I thought you were dead!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

titties posted:

yeah 3 or 4 cups is a warmup. my wife and i had to buy my parents a new drip machine after we wore theirs out a few christmases back when we visited.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Lib and let die posted:

yeah 3 or 4 cups is a warmup. my wife and i had to buy my parents a new drip machine after we wore theirs out a few christmases back when we visited.

Got to secure that drip

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

titties posted:

Because some people haven't built up a tolerance from chronic use? Like, I can do fine without drinking caffeine, but I assume you'd be pretty miserable if you tried to go a couple days without it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Because some people haven't built up a tolerance from chronic use? Like, I can do fine without drinking caffeine, but I assume you'd be pretty miserable if you tried to go a couple days without it.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

titties posted:

you should probably talk to a doctor about that, my dad had a heart attack at 49 and that kinda poo poo was part of it

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What are people doing where they always gotta be drinking so much coffee? I have a relative who's had 2 aneurysms yet she continues to drink like 2 pots of coffee a day. Can't go anywhere without a big Thermos type container of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Unperson_47 posted:

What are people doing where they always gotta be drinking so much coffee?

Self-medicating

Although I drink far less coffee now that I'm actually medicated. I quit smoking too