Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
heads up: John dolans book Pleasent Hell is awful. it's like someone played confederacy of dunces straight

rwn is great but yeah, psa, save yourself a few hours of reading about social anxiety and weird masturbatory fetishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

uninterrupted posted:

heads up: John dolans book Pleasent Hell is awful. it's like someone played confederacy of dunces straight

rwn is great but yeah, psa, save yourself a few hours of reading about social anxiety and weird masturbatory fetishes
Pleasant Hell is great and Vicks VapoRub is a fine substitute for deodorant.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

I don't believe you, but also the cringe would kill me. Not reading that

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

uninterrupted posted:

this sounds like ringing endorsement

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
can’t relate to being a weird uncool teen, me, a person who has posted on something awful for 17 years

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

uninterrupted posted:

That's why it's good, yes

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

sounds about right yeah

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
By gawd, is that Annibale's music?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Had a good giggle at the patreon page, where they've posted up all of Yaroslav Hunka's old photos.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
for a minute I wondered if this continues canada's unbeaten streak of only being mentioned via ukranian nazis. but then I remembered the guy who pretended to join isis

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol annibale casually dropping in the fact he'd met 10 ex-SS members. glad mark asked for info at the end, what a pro. :allears:

also mark's catchphrase should be "...and on that grim note we can end the episode here"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

that’s the show’s motto.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
What was John's comment about leftists and madison gray about? Didn't get what he was referring to

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i like how anibale now sounds he’s talking into a pro mic set up rather than. a couple of tin cans on a string on the earlier eps

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

There was an SS division in Italy, iirc 16th SS Grenadiers, that essentially never actually fought the Allies but just terrorized Italian civilians the whole time.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Frosted Flake posted:

There was an SS division in Italy, iirc 16th SS Grenadiers, that essentially never actually fought the Allies but just terrorized Italian civilians the whole time.

i cant handle this amount of courage

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I want more gem talk. poo poo was cool

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Honest Thief posted:

What was John's comment about leftists and madison gray about? Didn't get what he was referring to

online discourse grumbling. john dolan is old and gets annoyed at people being stupid on the internet. this version of internet stupidity is the annoying tendency to say that aha, there's no obvious analytic consistency to our sentimental connection to charismatic animals and so caring about charismatic animals is basically fascist, ref. madison grant

it's precisely the kind of half-educated stupidity that RWN really hates, but instead of coming from professional pundits it comes from random people on the internet. normally they're good about not spending time on it but here it seeped out a little

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

online discourse grumbling. john dolan is old and gets annoyed at people being stupid on the internet. this version of internet stupidity is the annoying tendency to say that aha, there's no obvious analytic consistency to our sentimental connection to charismatic animals and so caring about charismatic animals is basically fascist, ref. madison grant

it's precisely the kind of half-educated stupidity that RWN really hates, but instead of coming from professional pundits it comes from random people on the internet. normally they're good about not spending time on it but here it seeped out a little

Sure but what did madison grant wrote that makes leftist twitter pick it up?
I follow lots of higher education zoomers so I'm a costumed to that the style of posting, unfortunately

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

I'm a costumed

loving this typo tbh

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I did see it when typing on the phone one handed but I also liked it too much to correct it

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

I follow lots of higher education zoomers so I'm a costumed to that the style of posting, unfortunately

that sounds difficult

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Jel Shaker posted:

i like how anibale now sounds he’s talking into a pro mic set up rather than. a couple of tin cans on a string on the earlier eps

agreed, but earlier it was fun to imagine that when he talked about Italians on the eastern front in ww2 he was one of them

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I always imagined him doing the interview on one of those 1930s phones where the earpiece and receiver were split apart

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Honest Thief posted:

Sure but what did madison grant wrote that makes leftist twitter pick it up?

whenever you see people post about how much hitler took from the US there's a ~75% chance that madison grant is what they're thinking of, with a ~20% chance of it being a reference to the US racial laws of the time

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

uninterrupted posted:

He has the heart of a goon. Truly, he is one of us.

A shepherd should smell like sheep

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

They gave patrons a free copy of Erdogan Pizza.

I guess this isn't a money making venture per se, but the core customer base are the same people they're giving free copies to. Though if I like the book I may get a print copy anyway.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

skooma512 posted:

I guess this isn't a money making venture per se, but the core customer base are the same people they're giving free copies to. Though if I like the book I may get a print copy anyway.

got a couple literal lols outta me in the first few chapters so thumbs up from me!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

skooma512 posted:

is there going to be a print copy? I tried looking but I couldn’t find one

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Greg Grandin's broke brained gen-x history pervert energy is amazing. He's right at home on RWN

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

beer gas canister posted:

Greg Grandin's broke brained gen-x history pervert energy is amazing. He's right at home on RWN

its sick that they got him on rwn, i have loved the few books of his that i have read

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

hadji murad posted:

is there going to be a print copy? I tried looking but I couldn’t find one

Yes. The email from the latest episode had a link to it. 14 bucks.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/book/1144439512?ean%3D9798218167455&source=gmail&ust=1702160461612000&usg=AOvVaw1GYlUUPrV_QIptRR6M-Nr8

Unknown if other sellers will have it. I think I saw it on Amazon too

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I finished my copy of Erdogan Pizza a few days ago. I remember listening to an episode during the very start of the pandemic where Dolan mentions losing his balance and falling off of a bicycle. Learning why it kept happening was pretty funny, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. If it was in a newsletter, it's one I haven't read.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Interesting they had Lee Fang on. I thought Ames had some beef with him over who broke the story first on the tea party movement being a massive astroturf operation run by the Koch brothers. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
iirc lee fang had some Real Cool Opinions when George Floyd/BLM was happening

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Phone posted:

iirc lee fang had some Real Cool Opinions when George Floyd/BLM was happening

he is a liberal's liberal. you keep the conversation away from certain topics and you have no problems

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lee Fang loves to ask "but what about black crime?" Which isn't applicable in this case.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

“Biden is more like Jar Jar Binks” :pwn:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lol drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

arctic circle penial colony