Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
I found a Punctate Flower Chafer in the loungeroom this morning. He was still ok so I put him on the kitchen windowsill to make his own plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Saw a dead bandicoot today, very sad.

Here is some Xmas beetles having fun

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 9, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FBI Radio (the best radio station) has turned 20

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Already 38 in Ashfield!

My washing should be dry.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Already 38 in Ashfield!

My washing should be dry.

at 38c, I'm assuming if you had a full basket the first stuff you hung up was dry by the time you finished hanging up the last stuff.

Always good when that happens, saves having to do another trip to the washing line later.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

dr_rat posted:

at 38c, I'm assuming if you had a full basket the first stuff you hung up was dry by the time you finished hanging up the last stuff.

Always good when that happens, saves having to do another trip to the washing line later.

The humidity can throw that off a bit. Still gonna dry fast but not a guarantee. Popped 40 out Penrith way already too.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Inceltown posted:

The humidity can throw that off a bit. Still gonna dry fast but not a guarantee. Popped 40 out Penrith way already too.

Oh yeah once you get to the tropics poo poo can still take forever to dry even if it's a 35C+ day.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

It's dry as at least, so yeah, it'll be fine.

I put washing off for just this reason.

Next hot day is later next week, so that'll be washing day too.

39 now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

oh god it's raising a degree every 13 minutes. If this continues you'll reach boiling point in 533 minutes!

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Extremely glad it’s like 15c and raining in the southern half of the country today

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Yeah we had a thunderstorm roll through which has taken a few degrees off the Max. Instead of it being 35/38 forecast its only 31 so far.

Though arvo is when we usually get hit with Max temps

Edit. What's the image host to use these days? Got a cracker of shot last bight with lightening.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Yeah we had a thunderstorm roll through which has taken a few degrees off the Max. Instead of it being 35/38 forecast its only 31 so far.

Though arvo is when we usually get hit with Max temps

Edit. What's the image host to use these days? Got a cracker of shot last bight with lightening.

Imgur is still good if you have an account. You can always just host it on SA with plat too.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Extremely glad it’s like 15c and raining in the southern half of the country today

That sounds bloody awful.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ili posted:

Seriously. It's a beautiful sunny 30C with a light cool breeze in SE Queensland at the moment and it's absolutely lovely. Just came from VIC and to hell with 7C morning and rainy miserable 16C days.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Here's that lightening strike from last night

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dr_rat posted:

Seriously. It's a beautiful sunny 30C with a light cool breeze in SE Queensland at the moment and it's absolutely lovely. Just came from VIC and to hell with 7C morning and rainy miserable 16C days.

Think you're too good for thunderstorm asthma followed by an entire day of grey skies and light rain?
I like the cool mornings though, 7C is awesome for an early run

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Vladimir Poutine posted:

That sounds bloody wonderful

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

ili posted:

It does.

I relocated to the Tweed.

It's very nice here.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

That sounds bloody wonderful

There's a southerly buster due in the next couple of hours.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
https://youtu.be/kGgmpsCAt_w?si=3VsHbIc31MAuOWoB

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
This wouldn't have happened if Queensland would simply gently caress off and float away somewhere else

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Inceltown posted:

Did someone say TISM dropped a new song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3t4SdNO4aU

This loving tune is stuck in me loving head now.

loving TISM.

Cunts.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Security call NSW Police to shut down Ashfield Mall Shopping Centre escalator reopening party

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Literal mall cops getting owned, you love to see it

Was thinking about doing one of those for the train station near me, where one of the escalators was out of action for about five months this year

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

webmeister posted:

Literal mall cops getting owned, you love to see it

Was thinking about doing one of those for the train station near me, where one of the escalators was out of action for about five months this year

The Ashfield escalators only went up to Woolies so it's not like they were needed. Throw a party for yours, even if it's already working.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Woolies might raises prices 'due to supply chain disruptions'

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

I was supposed to go but got a morning cashie job so ran off for that instead. The security are dumbasses.

In other news, just found out about the exact moment that ABC Radio mandated that no guests should be present during the news bulletin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUSdL8bqJc

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
A lift was finally installed at our station this year and had an opening ceremony a couple of weeks ago.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Lolie posted:

A lift was finally installed at our station this year and had an opening ceremony a couple of weeks ago.

Take your bets how many weeks till a glass panel is smashed or cracked, place your bets.

2 weeks.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inceltown posted:

I can't get over how you'd mistake that bland brown thing for the shiniest bug known to man.

Covid really hosed up my sense of taste

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

hahahah not bad, I love a good restaurant pun

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

In other news, just found out about the exact moment that ABC Radio mandated that no guests should be present during the news bulletin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUSdL8bqJc

hey i go past his bridge multiple times a week

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Jasper poo poo the bed

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Don't worry there'll be a bunch more for online weirdos to obsess over and scream about from a few thousand km away.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

ili posted:

Don't worry there'll be a bunch more for online weirdos to obsess over and scream about from a few thousand km away.

Yeah, I just looked at the last 25 years of cyclone seasons and the pattern suggested that it's less common to get severe cyclones early in the season, as they're usually around Feb/March. But if you do, there are more in the later season, and more severe.

But who knows this year, this poo poo hasn't been acting normal for a while now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sun came out after it's been storming for three days straight here.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Today I learned that Danny Lim and Smarty are in Three Thousand Years of Longing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Yeah, I just looked at the last 25 years of cyclone seasons and the pattern suggested that it's less common to get severe cyclones early in the season, as they're usually around Feb/March. But if you do, there are more in the later season, and more severe.

But who knows this year, this poo poo hasn't been acting normal for a while now.

tbh I’m glad we decided against a December holiday in Vanuatu