Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bet low overs after the 1st quarter.

58-3 in the last two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://x.com/AirlessJordan/status/1733327357912424647?s=20

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

We are insane levels of back right now and bringing ancient memes out of the attic

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
That OT consisted of Steph hitting insane 3's and everyone else farting

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao raptors are trash.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
News: The Rockets have won a road game

Views: Hell yeah finally lol

They didn't make it easy on themselves either

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dexo posted:

lmao raptors are trash.

Yes but the important thing is that Masai hasn’t lost a trade

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Intruder posted:

News: The Rockets have won a road game

Views: Hell yeah finally lol

They didn't make it easy on themselves either

https://twitter.com/BennettDurando/status/1733348494868455845

It was a bad win, but also a very historical win against the Nuggets at home. There is a reason they have been undefeated against Western Conference teams at home until tonight.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I'm going to take the positive spin that the Rockets were able to bury the Nuggets so deep during the first 3 quarters, that even both teams reverting to their 2022 forms for the 4th wasn't enough to swing it.

What I think the Rockets are missing right now is a guy who is "clutch." They just haven't found the guy who they can feed the ball to over and over to create good looks. Jalen and Alpi sometimes look like that guy, but not often enough. FVV has more composure than KPJ which has been wonderful, but he isn't exactly a guy who's going to regularly beat his man off the dribble or make tough shots. When the Nuggets made their big run in the 4th, you could see a ton of indecisiveness from everyone stuck between trying to run an offense that wasn't working and not being the first one to crack and try hero ball. On one hand, I like the maturity of the team not falling into old habits, but on the other, all the best teams have at least one guy who can bail out a lovely possession or make enough tough shots to stop runs from getting out of hand.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

When Fred almost airballed the tech free throw I was sure the Rockets were going to lose

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

lmao raptors are trash.

last year they were trash. this year they are boring. would kill for trade if only for so action. i want to live.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm going to take the positive spin that the Rockets were able to bury the Nuggets so deep during the first 3 quarters, that even both teams reverting to their 2022 forms for the 4th wasn't enough to swing it.

What I think the Rockets are missing right now is a guy who is "clutch." They just haven't found the guy who they can feed the ball to over and over to create good looks. Jalen and Alpi sometimes look like that guy, but not often enough. FVV has more composure than KPJ which has been wonderful, but he isn't exactly a guy who's going to regularly beat his man off the dribble or make tough shots. When the Nuggets made their big run in the 4th, you could see a ton of indecisiveness from everyone stuck between trying to run an offense that wasn't working and not being the first one to crack and try hero ball. On one hand, I like the maturity of the team not falling into old habits, but on the other, all the best teams have at least one guy who can bail out a lovely possession or make enough tough shots to stop runs from getting out of hand.

i think instead of clutch what your trying to describe is someone who can reliably create against a set defense in the half court

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Blind Pineapple posted:

FVV has more composure than KPJ which has been wonderful, but he isn't exactly a guy who's going to regularly beat his man off the dribble

Unfortunately the problem with KPJ wasn't beating his man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

BWV posted:

last year they were trash. this year they are boring. would kill for trade if only for so action. i want to live.

Scottie Barnes is loving cooking too which is the greatest tragedy.

Scottie is cooking and they are trash.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://twitter.com/jaredweissnba/status/1733326789378752829?s=46&t=hSr2pDlEMuyiYk1G8A4O9w

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

hell yeah.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

I wonder how often two teams have been on a 15+ game losing streak at the same time? Ever?

35 combined games between the Spurs and Pistons. Looking at their schedules it could definitely reach 20+ each.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mdemone posted:

Bet low overs after the 1st quarter.

58-3 in the last two weeks.

Time to turn my unemployment check into some real money.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jaylen Brown is like half extremely cool.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Windmill Hut posted:

I wonder how often two teams have been on a 15+ game losing streak at the same time? Ever?

35 combined games between the Spurs and Pistons. Looking at their schedules it could definitely reach 20+ each.

Suns and Knicks in mid January - mid February 2019.

Before that was Timberwolves and Mavs in March 1992.

Then San Diego Clippers and Cavs in March - April 1982.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 9, 2023

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Blind Pineapple posted:

Part of it is just playing FVV 40 minutes in games like these so he's tired by the end.

Jalen Green has played great in some late 4th quarters in his career but he's not consistent enough yet.

In a perfect world, those two plus Sengun should be able to handle things late in the 4th.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

i think instead of clutch what your trying to describe is someone who can reliably create against a set defense in the half court

Yes, to the point where the coaching staff has the confidence to let them do so in high leverage situations. My perception is undoubtedly affected as a fan by (a) watching prime James Harden bail out lovely possessions for years and (b) getting so high on the miraculous defensive turnaround for this team that I often forget they're only 19 games into figuring out their real offensive identity with a core of 20-21 year olds. It is nice to have a game like this against the Nuggets where the team can learn while winning. Even though it's early in the season, I'm already quite pleased at taking 3 of 4 from the champs who brutally stomped us in all 4 meetings last year.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

Dexo posted:

Scottie Barnes is loving cooking too which is the greatest tragedy.

Scottie is cooking and they are trash.

Their young prospect is playing very well. What a tragedy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Nuggets seriously clamped down on Jalen to close out the game, he was throwing up bricks and turning it over

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/rylan_stiles/status/1733341789820514729?s=46&t=SfodenOe-maIpYaG59caug

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Chronicles posted:

Unfortunately the problem with KPJ wasn't beating his man

ugh

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

lol.

Also i wish I could call, like, someone from the HR mediation team a bitch and get sent home at 1:30pm without any other meaningful consequences.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1733196956711944584

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol.

Also i wish I could call, like, someone from the HR mediation team a bitch and get sent home at 1:30pm without any other meaningful consequences.

🎶 there is power in a union

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I can't believe that even without Kevin Porter Jr in the NBA anymore the Cavs were able to find another Porter Jr to ensure the inexplicable overabundance of Porter Jrs in the NBA.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lots of Porters Jr and lots of Jalens

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Shear Modulus posted:

Lots of Porters Jr and lots of Jalens

Two Jalen/Jaylin Williamses on the Thunder!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jaelhyn porter jr

Sex
Soda pop
Series x
Zion

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Zion should get fatter.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

good news

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I tell all of my fat friends to not be fat and it works every time.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
What’s going on with Zion this year anyway

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

morestuff posted:

hes fat and lazy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

I don’t know. He’s very private and doesn’t trust anyone outside his immediate family and very closest friends. Last season was the first one where his mother was not his nutritionist and personal chef. This season is the first one without his stepfather as his trainer. He gets depressed from being called fat and struggles with rehab.

CJ and Nance are always in his ear about how great he could be when his body is right. The org supposedly has offered him a bunch of different resources to help and he refuses them quite often and instead relies on his parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I mean does his downturn in all three of numbers / efficiency / on-off actually feel like just an effort thing, small sample size or are team comp or what