Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

space-man
Jan 3, 2007
a man, like any other... but in space!

I Greyhound posted:

:siren:MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE:siren:

A Lofi ASMR Christmas (Clean Ver.)
https://soundcloud.com/user-592589921/a-lofi-asmr-christmas-clean-ver

Absolutely briliant - could not stop laughing. Its like christmas mixed with Rick & Morty's "get schwifty"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

Happy (What's Left of) Christmas

I struggle to come up with songs based on a prompt so I haven't been able to come up with a song for this in like ten years. I was just gonna re-record blond haired blue eyed white baby jesus this year, but I was hit by inspiration last night so now y'all just get this.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Rat Patrol posted:

I struggle to come up with songs based on a prompt so I haven't been able to come up with a song for this in like ten years. I was just gonna re-record blond haired blue eyed white baby jesus this year, but I was hit by inspiration last night so now y'all just get this.

This is great! Nice work

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Rat Patrol posted:

Very sweet and touching, great work!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Rat Patrol posted:

Thank you for this. It's so good.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Windows Wonderland

This terrible idea came to me several years ago, but I've finally followed through with it and now you're stuck with it too.

P.S. Did you know? Bluebird is the name of a series of very old-timey typewriters!

Sombrerotron fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 9, 2023

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Sombrerotron posted:

Windows Wonderland

This terrible idea came to me several years ago, but I've finally followed through with it and now you're stuck with it too.

P.S. Did you know? Bluebird is the name of a series of very old-timey typewriters!

Glad you followed through on it!

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Sombrerotron posted:

Windows Wonderland

For some reason this link just takes me to SoundCloud.com instead of your song. I'd blame being on mobile but it hasn't had that issue with other SoundCloud links.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Hmmm, I had put it on private and I can imagine that a link to a private track only works if you're logged in on Soundcloud? Anyway I've made it public after all (link in my post has been updated) because why the hell not so it should be accessible for everyone now.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
There it goes! I love it, it's inspired

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

At a family dinner and my parents/sister are pitching me on doing something with George Santos/George Santa.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Haschel Cedricson posted:

At a family dinner and my parents/sister are pitching me on doing something with George Santos/George Santa.

That's brilliant. It'll be a Blue Christmas without Santos!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Title: Expelled From the North Pole?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Musician's Lounge just put this on my radar but I am staring at saxophone sheet music for some ridiculous christmas things on top of a shitload of modular gear

I will take a shot at doing something. If I make the deadline, I will be submitting.... Something Awful :radcat:

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I'm not opposed to AI helping. I use AI to rip all the vocals off the tracks I use on my song, and I tried to use ChatGPT to help with the lyrics a bit. The problem is that AI does not know how to sing or talk. It can't take a existing song and just transmute it into a Christmas version of the same song that is really doable.

But I'd say if you have all the words or you make all the music and use AI to help, it's still your work with just some help. I don't know how to write music and if I had a way make take my lyrics and have a computer make a song around it, I'd be ok with that.

I'm almost done with my song, I've made a temp track. sounds p good soo far... i mean imma do it again and make the vocals better and take out my breathing, but for a fist pass it think it sounds..... good, the singing wibbles not withstanding. as a first pass i dont mind it. but you have mo better ears so whats should i do to improve?

for this one i really just made sure my gain levels were good as to not sound tooooo loud but im not an audio engineer. i just want my vocals to sound like they belong on the track, not just blasted on top of it

Edit: I think the music needs to be louder

If you go to soundtrap.com and make an account I can add you as a collaborator and you can tweak things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mEFOa-E4kA

This is incredible, up there with the all time great goonmas tracks

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Musician's Lounge just put this on my radar but I am staring at saxophone sheet music for some ridiculous christmas things on top of a shitload of modular gear

I will take a shot at doing something. If I make the deadline, I will be submitting.... Something Awful :radcat:

A song about Christmas being ruined because the head of the household has a crippling Eurorack habit would be funny.

Especially on actual Eurorack gear.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
I don't know if I have voice recording stuff on my computer, so I may have to borrow my partner's when he gets home, but I did write a song. Are lyrics acceptable to post for someone else to do or should I wait?

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

im_sorry posted:

A song about Christmas being ruined because the head of the household has a crippling Eurorack habit would be funny.

Especially on actual Eurorack gear.

I can't buy a lot for Christmas
Only patch points fill my need
Just more modules in my own rack
Blinking like a Christmas tree
I just want an LFO
More than you could ever know
Credit bills are due
I'm bankrupt because of 3U

ETA: And then just midway through the track it falls apart because you touched a knob by mistake, ruining the perfect four bars of musical bliss you've been working on for a week.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

stillvisions posted:

ETA: And then just midway through the track it falls apart because you touched a knob by mistake, ruining the perfect four bars of musical bliss you've been working on for a week.

No... it falls apart because your cat swatted a patch cable and it messed up the synchronization.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Maybe too obvious: has anyone done anything with A Visit From St. Nicholas having almost the same meter as The Distance by Cake?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Brutal Garcon posted:

Maybe too obvious: has anyone done anything with A Visit From St. Nicholas having almost the same meter as The Distance by Cake?

this sounds like a winner. Go for it!

I love a good lyric swap. Christmas Mummy still terrifies my kiddo but I love it and Good King Wenceslas is a "Christmas Standard" so you can sing it at karaoke or if it comes over the Muzak at the store

https://youtu.be/6N31Vc_BhuA?si=DUAbcG1GXKn2hnMt

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 12, 2023

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CantDecideOnAName posted:

I don't know if I have voice recording stuff on my computer, so I may have to borrow my partner's when he gets home, but I did write a song. Are lyrics acceptable to post for someone else to do or should I wait?
I've done it twice. I did the lyrics for Who Wants to Open Presents and in an earlier year had written The Sack.

Brutal Garcon posted:

This needs to happen now.

I'm still working on writing the rest of this year's Santa Odin story. I also need to get off my rear end and finish putting Holidays together, but at least I've got all of it thanks to Grammarchist and my cat is norris. I hit writer's block with this year's Santa Odin but I think I've finally got the rest of where I needed to go with it. If I can finish getting it written within the next couple days I can record it and have it in by the deadline on Friday.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Brutal Garcon posted:

I did an exploratory attempt because, well it's a banger.

Based on my meter and reading there are parts of the "I'm going the distance" chorus that make it lumpy but it's not impossible but you will have to rhyme through the whole instrumental at the end to make it all fit.

I do have a whole other song to finish, and I'll take a stab at it myself. I believe in you Brutal Garcon

I used this one
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43171/a-visit-from-st-nicholas

I've also found that karaoke tracks have backing vocals on the chorus so I'd just rip the audio off something and use the music.

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 12, 2023

schmarson
Dec 21, 2012

MY DUDES

Ultra Carp

Santa Is On His Way

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

First idea was an Air Crash Investigation episode thing about Santa's Sleigh.Then there was someting about the immaculate conception set to little drummer boy, where Mary is extremely horny for the holy spirit's huge cums??? I can't pull off either, so I'm releasing these ideas to the wild.

E: come inside me parapapapam I spread my legs for thee parapapapam etc

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 13, 2023

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I am surprised I managed to make a track this year! Really glad I got to sit down and get something out there.

MY SONG IS UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE
https://on.soundcloud.com/34eHT
Christmas Will Be Late

Really loving the submissions this year, awesome variety as usual!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

To clarify, the deadline is the 15th at midnight EST. Is that Thursday going into Friday or Friday going into Saturday?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ManiacClown posted:

To clarify, the deadline is the 15th at midnight EST. Is that Thursday going into Friday or Friday going into Saturday?

In the most positive way I can say it, I don't care. :shobon: Take it as follows:

"Try to get it in by the end of the 15th in your timezone, but if you need some more time, that's fine. Just kind of aim for that date the best you can."

If it's released around the general timeframe, that's fine. I'll do a 'last call' kind of thing beforehand, so keep an eye out for that if you know you'll be running late.

I've been busy, but I'll catch up with the last few tracks posted as soon as I can. As for how many have been posted so far, I'll take a quick look and edit this post with the track count.

Edit: 20 by my count, is that right?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 13, 2023

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit: 20 by my count, is that right?
21 is what I have here. You're probably missing the Brown Moses suno.ai thing that didn't have the download flag set on Soundcloud, if I'd have to guess.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Flipperwaldt posted:

21 is what I have here. You're probably missing the Brown Moses suno.ai thing that didn't have the download flag set on Soundcloud, if I'd have to guess.

Oh, I was actually going by the posts ITT, but wow, thank you for the google drive links. :shobon:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Cool. I'm going to make sure I get Holidays wrapped up tonight and then I'll hopefully have gotten all the writing for Santa Odin done so I can start recording the dialogue tonight and use tomorrow night for adding foley.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

:siren: My song is under the tree! :siren:

Holidays

Thank you to Grammarchist and my cat is norris for contributing to another Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Czolgosz All-Stars effort!

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 14, 2023

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

My Song is Under The Tree

https://on.soundcloud.com/7Un6b

Lyrics:

Doo doo doo, doo doo-doo doo
Doo doo doo

Sleds Packed up this mornin
The North Pole, you know it it's snowing
we work for free
aint got time for a vacation
our only motivation
is helping santa fill the world with glee

And He makes you smile, with a gift for you
Do ever what you wanna do, this coming yule
Keep on smiling, but please know this
hes gotta list and i think hes always watching

passin out gifts bassed on what he observes
making all the toys for good boys n girls
Come tell him whats on your lsit
We make them the things you wish , she said

I am Santa's elf
Doing good for someone else
Christmas time is my life, baby, baby
I am Santas elf
Im helping the big guy with tooooys

Doo doo doo

The sky was cold made a big ole snowman
with a carrot for a nose

And I wish I could get back there, someplace back there
back when he was dancnging in the street
a simple magic hat is just enough to do the trick

It won't stop, I won't come down
I keep stock
with a egg nog rhythm, a bump for the drop
And then I bumped up, I took the nog that I was given
Then I bumped again, then I bumped again
I said

I know you are asking
how we find the right gift just for you
how does santa know just what to put under the tree

I am Santa's elf
CHristmas time is my life, baby, baby
I am Santas elf Ill helping the big guy with tooooys

I believe in the snow beneath my boots
i hope everyones on the good list
that no one ever gets coal

i know naughty kids are bad on the inside
everyone is good if you just try
And that would be alright, alright

And when the Fog came in,santa worried crashing
no way to navigate the city ,
then all the reindeer refused to fly
Now were struggling to survive
haliday is in distress
some one here has to save christmas
Lil red Rainder passed the test,
weird glowing nose helped guide through the darkness

One

And you hold me,
and you are hoping
I think might her the jingle beels
Feel yourself, heading off to sleep
through the chimmny he'll be creep
Ho, Ho
its magic just for one night
milk n cookies washed down with smile
and it will be alright, alright

I am Santa's elf
CHristmas time is my life, baby, baby
I am Santas elf Ill helping the big guy with tooooys

The sky was cold made a big ole snowman
with a carrot for a nose

And I wish I could get back there, someplace back there
back when he was dancnging in the street
a simple magic hat is just enough to do the trick

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

schmarson posted:

Santa Is On His Way

This has been an absolutely blessed page, but this song in particular is one I'm going to be singing along to for what's left of the season.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I had to do it, A Visit From Cake Nicholas

My Song is Under the Tree

https://soundcloud.com/theskinnymenace/a-visit-from-st-nicholas-a-christmas-cover-of-the-distance-by-cake

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

stillvisions posted:

This ended up giving me a better idea than my original plan, so I scrapped everything and started over at the eleventh hour and I think my submission is all the better for it.

My Song is Under the Tree

Give Me My Goddamn Pudding Already

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Brutal Garcon posted:

Took a stab at this. I'm out of time to tune it in fully before the deadline, but this is a brilliant concept and would love for someone with better musical ability to do it true justice.
But if there are no other versions submitted
My Song is Under the Tree. (Provisional)

Santa's Going the Distance
https://soundcloud.com/user-5925899...=social_sharing

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Could mess with this forever, again :negative: But you gotta push it out at some point.

:confuoot: MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE :confuoot: With apologies to Frost and Steinbeck:

https://mega.nz/file/lRczjIjC#CjbpzU5bCPokkRqt2QOLJLBB45ht2-lFP-lLzGmRdWc

quote:

Merry Gear Rising: The Nick of Time

God was the biggest trickster of them all
when I brought joy and asked for joy
for all the children without fault
a simple bishop trapped in endless toil
I wanted more and I got more
than I would ever bargain for

the Christmas Eve, repeating without end
I do the work forever cursed
to never see the day
feel my mind fading away (feel my mind fading away!)
the houses blur together
nothing cold can stay

Ho, ho, ho! Alone I rise
through the longest night, dawn never breaking
Yeah, yeah, yeah! A vow built on lies
bringing a rotten delight of my own making
and every house and cycle ends with asking why
in the nick of time

In all your letters, all your cards
it’s a panopticon of vice
I’ve seen into your little hearts
and no one's ever really nice
you’ll get your packages and treats
you’ll get your conflict chocolate trees
next year the exact same deceit
the hunger never disappears

I am a party to crime (I cannot fully understand!)
with future blood I pay
to blind a wounded world
I am a party to sorrow (weeping cannot symbolize!)
the trick of God was not on me
I am the herald

Ho, ho, ho! On my crimson sleigh
see every soul astray, follow every kid
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Got nothing more
but rust and coal for the wicked
And at Mach 5 you might just see me passing by
in the nick of time
The Nick of Time, the Nick of Time!
(whoo-oh!)
The Nick of Time!

(note to self: don't loving listen to the draft all day if you're planning to sit down again with fresh ears. SynthV Ninezero as main vocals, Kevin and Mai on BGV and shouts)

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ᵗᵘʳᵏᵉʸ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I Greyhound posted:

Took a stab at this. I'm out of time to tune it in fully before the deadline, but this is a brilliant concept and would love for someone with better musical ability to do it true justice.
But if there are no other versions submitted
My Song is Under the Tree. (Provisional)

Santa's Going the Distance
https://soundcloud.com/user-5925899...=social_sharing

I was also going to try, but I might not get it in before the deadline.

(Anyway, how did you both avoid calling it either "Christmas Cake" or "He's Going St. Nicholas"?)