Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

morestuff posted:

I mean does his downturn in all three of numbers / efficiency / on-off actually feel like just an effort thing, small sample size or are team comp or what

It’s a conditioning and adjusting to new offense thing. He’s not moving well and it is affecting his aggressiveness. He also isn’t hustling back in transition on offense or defense or able to even slow down people most games on defense.

Last season, he was in better shape and moved better. And then got hurt. So he may also not trust his body on top of everything else.

As far as team comp goes, he’s never been on a better team. Most stars would kill to have the 3-10 depth the Pels have. They are limited by their top 2 and not the other guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Goga Bitadze for MIP

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

who the hell is Goga Bitadze

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

dokmo posted:

who the hell is Goga Bitadze

Goga Bitadze Nutz

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol.

Also i wish I could call, like, someone from the HR mediation team a bitch and get sent home at 1:30pm without any other meaningful consequences.

There is power in a union

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kingcobweb posted:

🎶 there is power in a union

lol I should have kept reading instead of mashing reply

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ThomasBuckets78/status/1733323966767333692

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol what a sick gig to have.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Sacramento Kings

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Shai is currently leading the league in steals per game with an astonishing 0.9 difference between him and number 2. Imagine having to root for one of them dame stars where you have to cope and say he scores enough to make up for his defense lmao

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Metapod posted:

Shai is currently leading the league in steals per game with an astonishing 0.9 difference between him and number 2. Imagine having to root for one of them dame stars where you have to cope and say he scores enough to make up for his defense lmao

lol. i can’t relate; i root for derrick white

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

did you know wes matthews was still in the nba and getting minutes? it's true!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Chucktesla posted:

We are insane levels of back right now and bringing ancient memes out of the attic

I wanted to post this

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1733519181616976112

Are teams ever not looking for those

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sending indiana footage of zach lavine locking down slovenians at the 202[1] olympics

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu

Dexo posted:

Scottie Barnes is loving cooking too which is the greatest tragedy.

Scottie is cooking and they are trash.

"cooking" is too generous

poaching is his usual, he'll be frying half of the games, but the other half he's standing by the sink washing lettuce for 40 minutes

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

temple posted:

I wanted to post this

https://x.com/Rylan_Stiles/status/1733530650727043429?s=20 so did chet himself

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

given his frame, his mom should have made pizza rolls way more often

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Minnesota is the home of totinos

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao that after their poo poo start, the Bulls are only one game out of the play-in.

Banish Zach Lavine to Hell(The PIstons)

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

Lmao that after their poo poo start, the Bulls are only one game out of the play-in.

Banish Zach Lavine to Hell(The PIstons)

Just what the Hornets need: a shooting guard

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Game recognize game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5rz_-x2i1M&t=30s

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Timberwolves next 16 games are against teams currently at .500 or better, looking forward to seeing how they handle this stretch. Hopefully Ant and Jaden don't miss too much of it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Gordon Hayward has like 10 dunks this year

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1733578584189722961?s=46&t=e32cW6xSoczgoUoxqqxySA

Lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Shams just doesn’t credit people, Otani posted it himself

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

$700 million/10yr

Makes AD and Dame look like discount deals.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shohei’s new deal is $220M more than lebron’s career earnings

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron will catch up when he signs his 2033 contract

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently Zions former trainer is throwing some shade on Instagram

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Klay “I’m definitely not mad” Thompson not mad about something

quote:

[Slater] “The only frustration with that is will this guy (Barkley) ever give us any credit?” Thompson said. “You know how hard this is to do? Annually? You’d think Charles would understand how hard it is to win a championship. To do that annually? And we’re still here. What are we — 10 and 12?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol throwing the 4 fingers at Chuck

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Apparently Zions former trainer is throwing some shade on Instagram

His dad?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How the gently caress is there so much money in baseball

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

blue squares posted:

they get to pay a guy like $8.35 an hour until he's like 27 years old

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

blue squares posted:

Their union has held strong against a salary cap, unlike the NBA. I’m trying to think of how much LeBron or Jokic would be offered if there wasn’t one in the NBA. Would Balmer give Jokic $1 billion/10 years? More?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

kingcobweb posted:

Their union has held strong against a salary cap, unlike the NBA. I’m trying to think of how much LeBron or Jokic would be offered if there wasn’t one in the NBA. Would Balmer give Jokic $1 billion/10 years? More?

And baseball players get a smaller percent of the revenue than NBA players do. The money is concentrated and by the end of Ohtani's 10 year contract NBA players will probably be over 70m themselves.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Lockback posted:

And baseball players get a smaller percent of the revenue than NBA players do. The money is concentrated and by the end of Ohtani's 10 year contract NBA players will probably be over 70m themselves.

What percentage do baseball players get and how does that work with no salary cap?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Adam Silver Talks Expansion, Two-Day Draft, More
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/12/adam-silver-talks-expansion-two-day-draft-more.html

“I think now when you think of the global pool of players – as we move towards 30% of NBA players who were born outside the United States, including obviously some of our very best players in the league – I think that the timing will work out when we’re done with our media deals and we start looking to expand. I think we could potentially add two more teams to this league that could be very competitive.”

Lockback posted:

My new favorite stat and I will have no further discussion on this

https://twitter.com/jakesgraphs/status/1732068395368018289

The NBA keeps improving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Warriors Notes
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/12/warriors-notes-starting-five-cp3-kuminga-klay-haliburton.html

"Golden State committed 29 turnovers in Friday’s loss, which is the most in any game in the Kerr era and the most by any Warriors team since 2002, writes Slater. Kerr referred to it as an “obscene” amount of turnovers and said he plans to hold a film session to try to address the issue. “You want me to go through them?” Kerr said when asked if there were any in particular they needed to eliminate. “We will watch all 29 as a team. I can tell you that. We will watch all 29 turnovers.”"

R.D. Mangles posted:

wemby is loving nuts though, it's insane watching him play basketball and just take up the entire court

'tis a shame he hasn't won a game in over a month.