Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
ny weird state for sure, west feels like great lakes, maybe midwest, south mid atlantic, nyc it's own thing and plattsburgh is basically new england idc what they think otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Furthermore, since York is an English city, and this is the new one, it must definitionally be part of New England.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Nitrousoxide posted:

Furthermore, since York is an English city, and this is the new one, it must definitionally be part of New England.

Thank you for listening to my Ted Talk.
New York has three options: New England, New Denmark, or New Vatican

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NYC is mid-Atlantic, Buffalo is Great Lakes, everything else north of the NYC suburbs is New England

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The balkinsation will happen but it'll just be new york

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

NYC is mid-Atlantic, Buffalo is Great Lakes, everything else north of the NYC suburbs is New England

thank you

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I mean look at the shape of this state, it's ridiculous

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pennslytuckians trying to tell their neighbors how to live. :sad:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I mean look at the shape of this state, it's ridiculous

it looks like a squatting guy taking a poo poo into the atlantic

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

greater popaho

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

God help me what is the difference between pop and soda

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Slavvy posted:

one (pop) is correct and the other is wrong

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Slavvy posted:

One is the correct way to describe a drink made of carbonated water generically, and the other is the word "pop."

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

one (pop) is correct and the other is wrong

NO U

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80BwqQQY31w

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Slavvy posted:

you would know them as a "soft drink", which is also an indefensible term

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

redleader posted:

you would know them as a "soft drink", which is also an indefensible term
it's called a "soft drink" because only soft people drink them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I always like seeing those maps because of the weird enclaves. Like soda is the term for the northeast and cali, sure, but then also st louis and miami specifically and exclusively?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
There should be a single dot near Boston for those still saying tonic like my family does.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I believe the sodas, the pops, even the soft drinks among us can unite in decrying the foul abomination of describing lemonade as coke

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TACD posted:

I believe the sodas, the pops, even the soft drinks among us can unite in decrying the foul abomination of describing lemonade as coke

nobody does that, it's gotta be carbonated

sprite is a coke though

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also, the best selling prepared lemonade in the US, Minute Maid, is a Coca Cola Company product which only raises further questions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

country time in a can could probably be a coke I guess

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Coca Cola actually owns Simply and Minute Maid, thus owning a simple majority of the prepared lemonade market, meaning that by the laws of capital, lemonade is in fact a coke.

What goes good with lemonade? Pizza. Have a pizza balk.

(Best selling chain per state)

Marcos will have to work hard to protect their exclaves from the Little Roman Empire.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the real language balk map is what towns in bergen county, nj call the night before halloween.

within a 25 mile space theres like 5 answers.

doxxing where i grew up within a 5 mile radius by mentioning that it was charmingly called "goosey night"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
the gently caress is the company shown over Washington state?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the gently caress is the company shown over Washington state?

No idea! I thought from context it'd be California Pizza Kitchen but no.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah i don't recognize the maroon logo at all

i used to work at a marco's and it beats the poo poo out of the major national chains

edit maroon logo is Godfather's. i've never been inside one but that's herman cain's joint

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loving this dude

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

NJ/NY/CT all having different top pizza chains I think just illustrates that a greater portion of people are buying from local pizzerias than other areas

Fascinating cartography

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Actually rereading the article it turns out they've done the classic balk map thing of making a map of the "biggest outliers in each state" or whatever and headlined it "each states favorite"

Actual sales is just like 46 pizza hut 4 dominos lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I had little Caesar's last night at a kids birthday party and if that was the cuisine of my nation I wouldn't be mad.

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Actually rereading the article it turns out they've done the classic balk map thing of making a map of the "biggest outliers in each state" or whatever and headlined it "each states favorite"

Actual sales is just like 46 pizza hut 4 dominos lol

Devastating

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Heres a map of the SECOND most popular pizza ordered in each state, because first most popular is just pepperoni everywhere

Our Boring Nation (mostly)

E: is what the business insider article said, but theres pep in oregon so idk!!!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Eminent DNS posted:

NJ/NY/CT all having different top pizza chains I think just illustrates that a greater portion of people are buying from local pizzerias than other areas

Fascinating cartography
As I suspected, it is states that have failed to declare for one of the eventual winners in the pizza wars, hoping to weather the wars and come out unscathed on the other end. a foolish hope.

projecthalaxy posted:

Heres a map of the SECOND most popular pizza ordered in each state, because first most popular is just pepperoni everywhere

Our Boring Nation (mostly)
Oregon:

#1 Pepperoni
#2 Pepperoni
#3 Cheese

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in ny the best pizza is not from a chain so that map only indicates which other region has the most expats in ny to buy from their hometown chain

edit: i guess its vermonters. they have no taste

Real hurthling! has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Dec 10, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I looked and south dakota's state pizza does indeed use ranch dressing instead of tomato sauce. Brick oven roasted ranch. The inly thing for those cold, empty badlands winters

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I looked and south dakota's state pizza does indeed use ranch dressing instead of tomato sauce. Brick oven roasted ranch. The inly thing for those cold, empty badlands winters

Would you trust a random place in the middle of nowhere South Dakota to be able to handle a red sauce? At least ranch you know is going to be sourced from Sysco, so you get only the finest chemicals in your pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

in ny the best pizza is not from a chain so that map only indicates which other region has the most expats in ny to buy from their hometown chain

edit: i guess its vermonters. they have no taste

nah I bet pizza from some no-name chain in NYC is straight garbage pizza.