Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They better pick that up!!!

Oh gently caress them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
And of course the commentators are absolutely nowhere on the clear blown call.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

The Monday after the Music City Miracle, WCW Nitro was in Buffalo. Jeff Jarrett came out in a Wycheck jersey. The crowd response was magical.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

as of this moment the entire afc north is in the playoffs

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Dr_Strangelove posted:

The Monday after the Music City Miracle, WCW Nitro was in Buffalo. Jeff Jarrett came out in a Wycheck jersey. The crowd response was magical.

Then he got his rear end beat by two murderers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jeez

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1733981018623799788?t=x9nsI933rc51YtJ9Ecn1dQ&s=19

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets hadnt been on SNF in like 12-13 years prior to this season lol.

Is the Thursday late game with NBC technically "SNF" branded, if so then the buttfumble game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Vikings kicked a field goal at 1:57 in the 4th quarter.

They are now leading the Raiders 3-0.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
BROWN! FLACCO! WIN! GARRETT SACK!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That Vikings game was a war crime

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Please be okay Justin :(

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
In the AFC there are the 10-win Ravens and 9-win (pending MNF) Dolphins

Then it's a traffic jam of clown cars, unreliable bentleys, surprisingly efficient kias, and a lemon or two settling five play-off spots via bumper cars.

pre:
W-L   Team
---   ------------
8-5   Kansas City
8-5   Jacksonville
8-5   Cleveland
7-6   Pittsburgh
7-6   Indianapolis
7-6   Denver
7-6   Houston
7-6   Cincinnati
7-6   Buffalo

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Sono posted:

Then he got his rear end beat by two murderers.

I just looked it up and yep, holy poo poo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kalensc posted:

Then it's a traffic jam of clown cars, unreliable bentleys, surprisingly efficient kias, and a lemon or two settling five play-off spots via bumper cars.

pre:
W-L   Team
---   ------------
8-5   Kansas City
8-5   Jacksonville
8-5   Cleveland
7-6   Pittsburgh
7-6   Indianapolis
7-6   Denver
7-6   Houston
7-6   Cincinnati
7-6   Buffalo

KC
JAC
CLE
HOU
BUF

Are the five best teams of that group. I have zero confidence they are the five that will end up in the playoffs.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

kalensc posted:

pre:
W-L   Team
---   ------------
8-5   Kansas City
8-5   Jacksonville
8-5   Cleveland
7-6   Pittsburgh
7-6   Indianapolis
7-6   Denver
7-6   Houston
7-6   Cincinnati
7-6   Buffalo

wacky races but its afc teams

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

KC
JAC
CLE
HOU
BUF

Are the five best teams of that group. I have zero confidence they are the five that will end up in the playoffs.

Right now, outside of Mahomes existing (which is, admittedly, a massive force multiplier) I would put the Colts over KC. Minshew has been Him enough to get them somewhere.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mega64 posted:

The Vikings kicked a field goal at 1:57 in the 4th quarter.

They are now leading the Raiders 3-0.

I was watching Redzone most of the day and I'm not sure I ever saw this game appear. Other than to announce JJ was injured. Just a black hole of football the universe did its best to pretend wasn't happening

e: also, repostin this

Docjowles posted:

Are we 100% sure the Chiefs are good?

They lost to the Bills, who in turn lost to the Pats and Jets, which by the transitive property makes the Chiefs mathematically Pretty Bad

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 11, 2023

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Right now, outside of Mahomes existing (which is, admittedly, a massive force multiplier) I would put the Colts over KC. Minshew has been Him enough to get them somewhere.

They just got stomped by the Bengals. I don't think they belong on this list.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

8-5 Kansas City - good but flawed
8-5 Jacksonville - the Lions of the AFC
8-5 Cleveland - maybe the scariest team on this list somehow
7-6 Pittsburgh - nope
7-6 Indianapolis - fun but no
7-6 Denver - don't buy it
7-6 Houston - a year early but fiesty
7-6 Cincinnati - how are you still alive
7-6 Buffalo - flawed but I don't wanna see you in the playoffs

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AndrewP posted:

8-5 Kansas City - good but flawed
8-5 Jacksonville - the Lions of the AFC
8-5 Cleveland - maybe the scariest team on this list somehow
7-6 Pittsburgh - nope
7-6 Indianapolis - fun but no
7-6 Denver - don't buy it
7-6 Houston - a year early but fiesty
7-6 Cincinnati - how are you still alive
7-6 Buffalo - flawed but I don't wanna see you in the playoffs

If nothing else the Broncos show that head coaches actually do matter, the difference between last year and this is :stare:

Hell the difference since week 3 THIS YEAR has been :stare:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jerry Jeudy hosed up no less than 3 huge plays in that game. If he could catch wide rear end open bombs or get his feet in bounds the score would have been even more embarrassing.

Broncos are teetering on the cusp of being Good which is wild to say. Russ is always going to be an albatross but if they had one more pass catcher who could, ya know, catch passes they’d be pretty feisty

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

Jerry Jeudy hosed up no less than 3 huge plays in that game. If he could catch wide rear end open bombs or get his feet in bounds the score would have been even more embarrassing.

Broncos are teetering on the cusp of being Good which is wild to say. Russ is always going to be an albatross but if they had one more pass catcher who could, ya know, catch passes they’d be pretty feisty

It makes me wonder what Denver is actually going to do with Russ. He's obviously not as bad as he was last year, it he's also going to be 36 next year, has an albatross of a contract going forward, and if Denver is going to try and get out of that contract, this is the offseason to do so

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
No one is trading for him and they don't have the picks to replace him. They're stuck with him for a couple of years at least

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

It makes me wonder what Denver is actually going to do with Russ. He's obviously not as bad as he was last year, it he's also going to be 36 next year, has an albatross of a contract going forward, and if Denver is going to try and get out of that contract, this is the offseason to do so

No way they do it this offseason. They're already 20 mill over in 2024. Which I know you can kick the can but not if that number is 105 million - which it would be.

tarbrush posted:

No one is trading for him and they don't have the picks to replace him. They're stuck with him for a couple of years at least

His functional out year is pretty much 2026. His Cap hits if they cut him:
RN: 107 million
2024: 85 million
2025: 40 mill - potential cut year here I guess
2026: 31 mill - likely cut year here
2027: 13 mill

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Hopefully the Bills do get in. The AFC playoffs will be boring without them

Wonder if the Ravens vs Dolphins game can get flexed? That's probably going to determine the #1 seed in the AFC

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Dec 11, 2023

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kawalimus posted:

Hopefully the Bills do get in. The AFC playoffs will be boring without them

Wonder if the Ravens vs Dolphins game can get flexed? That's probably going to determine the #1 seed in the AFC

Please do not underestimate the Dolphins ability to collapse.

Though in fairness all of Raven, Cowboys and Bills are just as prone to a hilarious face plant.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ravens have collapsed against the Dolphins the last two meetings in different forms. First one offensively second one defensively though that one was very injury-related. And dumb offensive playcalling toward the end.

The Ravens will not win a single playoff game in the divisional round or beyond--we are just not very good and the defense has regressed a bit. But honestly I don't know if there even IS a good AFC team at this point. The Browns might actually be the best one.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
There really isn't. It's certainly not Cleveland. They're fine, they're absolutely in the mixer, but the Chiefs, Dolphins and Ravens are a bit floatier than them

I just want to win a playoff game and break the streak I don't care if it's against Easton Stick or Mitch Trubisky.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think that if Garrett gets healthy they should definitely be considered as one of the top AFC teams. Cause when that defense is on its game I think they can beat just about anybody and they did beat SF even.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a reason why there's two NFL games tonight at the same exact time? Can the NFL beat up that AI who scheduled this mess?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Every Monday should have a normal start time game and a “late” west coast game.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

AndrewP posted:

Yeah, let people who whine every time they have to stay up past 11 to watch a game be mad about. Midnight football owns.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

No only one game on monday and no games on other days. NFL wants there to be football spread out across every day they can get away with but I strongly prefer the sunday afternoon madness format. I hate when games start happening on saturdays too.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

AndrewP posted:

that’s what they used to do week 1

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
As a filthy brit I find Monday games annoying. Less Monday games!!!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

MikeCrotch posted:

100%

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Docjowles posted:

Trying not to be too negative when this season has pretty much owned but every week I think about how Jeudy was drafted before Ceedee Lamb and Justin Jefferson. Elway's last groin-kick on his way out

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

MikeCrotch posted:

Move all the games to Monday so the collective social outcry leads to a four-day work week

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mahomes gunning for Brady's title:

https://twitter.com/McKenzieMNelson/status/1734017807107407928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Harlock posted:

Is there a reason why there's two NFL games tonight at the same exact time? Can the NFL beat up that AI who scheduled this mess?

Someone posted that this is due to the network trying to figure out what scheduling works best for the MNF double header in terms of ratings.