Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

Love the radio silence after the amazon & ups workers weighed in on how quiet it is at their workplaces this holiday season. :allears:

Can confirm, even the oil crash year in Alberta wasn't this ridiculously dead. I've never gone home early this often in December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1734214200527065453?t=oN_8iXSZB4IiS8NX6oqCqQ&s=19

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

finally the singularity approaches

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

has the #1 fast food chain not figured out how to serve fresh fries until now?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
How much did they spend to recreate a timer?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

weird how close these numbers are to the overall polling on the economy.

why, it's almost like this perfectly explains everyone's perception of the economy without having to resort to insane conspiracy theories about the media tricking people!

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

has the #1 fast food chain not figured out how to serve fresh fries until now?
AI to formalize the secret technique of "rejuvenated fries", where you toss the stale fries back in the fryer for 10 seconds to seem hot instead of making a new batch

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

brown rice goes rancid. how old is it?

oh no

rice cooker about to be real busy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
i am seeking free or reduced cost medical care (lobotomy to help me focus at my job) this christmas season

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rice holds very well in a proper fridge ($1899-$3,500)

TikTok has convinced too many people a staple of human civilization will kill you, and it must be banned.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

finally the singularity approaches

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I should probably google how to discern when rice has gone bad

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

brown rice goes bad, white rice keeps alot longer

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Scarabrae posted:

brown rice goes bad, white rice keeps alot longer

White rice also has less arsenic in it.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

A lot of ricists in this thread

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

rice rules

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Asking the computer when to flip burger

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In Thailand, they use genetic engineering and university resources to increase yield and nutrition and protect the ground from arsenic contamination.

In America, they use genetic engineering and university resources to make rice more resilient to arsenic and protect the ground from environmental regulation.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this can’t be right

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

what do workers want? we just don't know

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

this makes sense

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

he's right

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Red rice is the one true rice.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Xaris posted:

it is bemusing looking at various shrinkflation and how many are like "this can of pringles is $9.99 and only 6 chips now!! cant believe this" or "I paid $15 for this frozen digorno and its so smol!" and it's just like, stop buying pringles/oreos/goldfish/whatever at clearly scam prices for shrinking quantities. stop giving the conagra-nestle megacorps money where they're just blatantly feasting off you. A lot of these record-breaking corporate quarterly profit reports where they are stating like "we have increased 33% more revenue by optimizing the maximum expenditure per consumer despite a 18% reduction in total consumers" are solely a short-term shot of profitable-adrenaline in the arm coasting on cultural and social inertial forces; I don't think it's going to last once the inertia dampens out and material conditions continue to decline

i don't believe in individual action or 'boycotting', but i've definitely adjusted my spending habits substantially the past several years were i'm defacto boycotting almost all big brand corporate junk because it's too expensive and i got no $$ -- and i doubt i'm the only one

As people said, consumption is pretty much our culture. More than that it's like... if I'm a responsible adult minimizing my drug and alcohol intake, where am I supposed to get my endorphins if not processed garbage? Exercise? Bah! We cook healthy meals most of the time, but I can't even get a goddamn bag of potato chips for less than $5 and when I do it only lasts like 2 days and is mostly air.

the popes toes posted:

Bought a russet potato for a buck at the supermarket. I guess a big bag would be cheaper. But a buck for one potato? Ah well. It's tater time!

I used to buy the bags of potatoes, but now presumably because of lingering supply chain bullshit they usually rot before I can get through them.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I like Basmati rice

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I'm not seeing The Onion logo anywhere in this image did u crop it out y'know as a silly joke

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Chad Sexington posted:

As people said, consumption is pretty much our culture. More than that it's like... if I'm a responsible adult minimizing my drug and alcohol intake, where am I supposed to get my endorphins if not processed garbage? Exercise? Bah! We cook healthy meals most of the time, but I can't even get a goddamn bag of potato chips for less than $5 and when I do it only lasts like 2 days and is mostly air.

I used to buy the bags of potatoes, but now presumably because of lingering supply chain bullshit they usually rot before I can get through them.

Working out owns and everyone should do it, actually

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

simply don’t limit your intake of drugs and you won’t need to eat chips by the bag

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Business Gorillas posted:

sorry that costs time not money, it has been eliminated as inefficient

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

LonsomeSon posted:

simply don’t limit your intake of drugs and you won’t need to eat chips by the bag

pour the chips out onto a bowl you loving barbarian

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

BIDENOMICS!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

but the fundamentals are strong

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

2020 was the last good year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I like Basmati rice

Same here. Not sure if it's poisoning me or if it's rancid and hell. I don't care.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

RandomBlue posted:

BIDENOMICS!

nobody will ever notice their current "real" income sucks in actual buying power versus that in ancient history like the 1990s

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Business Gorillas posted:

LonsomeSon posted:

C-Spam lifestyle

I don't think being anti-chip is a popular position more broadly, but that's me.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
i love cheeeeeyips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

RandomBlue posted:

BIDENOMICS!