Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
That was also on first down and they shitted up three more downs to lose

Also, dude was well past the ball, and the flag was thrown before the play even developed. Reffing is absolutely in the shitter this season, but that play was called unimpeachably correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’m going to continue assuming what he actually wanted to do and say was murder a few receivers and trot out 3 TE sets but had to settle for “cmon ref!”

look when your qb is a bitch you just have to accept it, i speak from experience

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

look when your qb is a bitch you just have to accept it, i speak from experience

Oh he’s absolutely acting insane. I’m just saying I think I understand the misdirected anger.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've never seen fans of the NFL turn on someone at fast as they have with Mahomes in the last 24 hours.

I hope it was worth turning into the biggest heel in football you giant crybaby.

And if it weren't obvious, the Chiefs have clearly been identified as the most hated team in the NFL (outside of rivalries of course). They are the new Patriots.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Soul Glo posted:

That was also on first down and they shitted up three more downs to lose

This is the biggest part (even though it was second down). This wasn't a loss of down penalty that handed the ball back to Buffalo, it was a 5 yard penalty and a repeat down. KC still had more than a minute to go 50 yards with at time out in hand.

Kirios posted:

I've never seen fans of the NFL turn on someone at fast as they have with Mahomes in the last 24 hours.

YMMV but my experience is that a lot of the NFL fan base is tired of Mahomes and has been looking for a reason to turn on him. This has been brewing for a while, what with his ubiquitously annoying ads, his brother, his now having won multiple SBs, etc.

Zurreco fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 11, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kirios posted:

Aaron Rodgers a couple years back would like a word

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Patrick Mahomes: *sad Jim Henson noises*

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/ShooterMcGavin_/status/1734208804084949168?s=20

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
They've even lost Baldinger. https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1734254620543771051

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

This is the hill they've chosen to die on. Just wild poo poo

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh he’s absolutely acting insane. I’m just saying I think I understand the misdirected anger.

So you actually understand being so afraid of calling out a teammates dumb penalty that you'd rather be a massive bitch and cry about the refs instead?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fknlo posted:

Man, this view makes it comical just how far offsides he was.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No you don’t get it. The refs should have halted the game and told Toney to take a step backward. A very normal thing that happens all the time

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

So you actually understand being so afraid of calling out a teammates dumb penalty that you'd rather be a massive bitch and cry about the refs instead?

No I understand that is what he is doing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Docjowles posted:

No you don’t get it. The refs should have halted the game and told Toney to take a step backward. A very normal thing that happens all the time

Just like they told the chiefs player to put his helmet back on in the vikings game instead of flagging it

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Aaron Rodgers a couple years back would like a word

State Farm curse.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

Man, this view makes it comical just how far offsides he was.

The best part is that there are videos of him absolutely not checking with the side judge while the rookie receiver clearly does. I guess Toney probably couldn't see the position of the ball through the defenders head though.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fknlo posted:

It's annoying because everybody knows NFL officiating is egregiously bad, and there are probably a handful of calls every week where this kind of reaction would be justified. But the one time someone really goes off, it's over this.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Black Sunshine posted:

• YES, I can't believe we pulled it off!
  • oh gently caress, a flag? on who?
  • OFFSIDES?!?!? KADARIUS!!!
  • I want to choke Toney, argh, gotta refocus, it's 2nd & 15
  • goddamnit, 3rd down
  • fuuuuck, 4th down
  • $#%$&@!*#&^$
  • I can't shout at Toney in public, but I gotta yell at somebody!!
  • gently caress it, everyone hates the refs, gonna vent some righteous fury

It's dumb on paper, but live in the moment if he couldn't just simmer then he may have decided to default to the normally 'sympathetic' take of venting about the refs.

Also, and I think this is something that should be considered more often, no one on the field got to see a replay of the offsides. So Mahomes & Reid having a knee-jerk 'gently caress the refs' reaction makes some sense, because hell, don't the NFL refs in 2023 seem like the sort who could botch that sort of call?

Obv it's pathetic for Mahomes to rant about Kelce's legacy and whatever, that's embarrassing and suggests he's mad as hell about poo poo he can't publicly criticize. But the initial on-field choice to get angry at a ref instead of a teammate is understandable imho.

Understandable doesn't mean it's the right choice or a rational choice, it simply says you could put yourself in their shoes and get why that outcome was a possibility.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 11, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

fknlo posted:

The best part is that there are videos of him absolutely not checking with the side judge while the rookie receiver clearly does. I guess Toney probably couldn't see the position of the ball through the defenders head though.

that's what gets me, he is like a loving inch from the defender? how the hell do you not notice this?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It sure is a bold strategy to call out the refs who usually give you all the calls. I'm excited to see how this turns out in the long run!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

fknlo posted:

Taylor also pushing the limits of how deep he can align.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Maybe it's the sine wave of scrimmage

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://x.com/theABinKC/status/1734222379721642009?s=20

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It was out of respect for the hallowed ground of Lambeau Field so he waited until he was home where he feels comfortable to cry while mommyAndy holds him

FTFY

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Black Lighter posted:

It's annoying because everybody knows NFL officiating is egregiously bad, and there are probably a handful of calls every week where this kind of reaction would be justified. But the one time someone really goes off, it's over this.

100%. This is the unearned PR boon NFL refs desperately needed amidst maybe the worst umped season of the century. Providing them that cover is another reason Pat is loving up.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

fknlo posted:

Bro the Hill they died on went to Miami.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kalli posted:

Maybe it's the sine wave of scrimmage

Jawaan and Kadarius saying gently caress that, let's try the -(x^3) formation babyyy

WalletBeef posted:

Bro the Hill they died on went to Miami.

:golfclap:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This is just footage of Andy Dalton talking to Bryce Young

Nov 6, 2002

My twitter feed is a non-stop stream of times that the Chiefs benefitted from botched calls or off-sides calls lol.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

My twitter feed is a non-stop stream of times that the Chiefs benefitted from botched calls or off-sides calls lol.

It's just everyone and everywhere

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status/1734220621263831055

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kalensc posted:

• YES, I can't believe we pulled it off!
  • oh gently caress, a flag? on who?
  • OFFSIDES?!?!? KADARIUS!!!
  • I want to choke Toney, argh, gotta refocus, it's 2nd & 15
  • goddamnit, 3rd down
  • fuuuuck, 4th down
  • $#%$&@!*#&^$
  • I can't shout at Toney in public, but I gotta yell at somebody!!
  • gently caress it, everyone hates the refs, gonna vent some righteous fury

It's dumb on paper, but live in the moment if he couldn't just simmer then he may have decided to default to the normally 'sympathetic' take of venting about the refs.

Also, and I think this is something that should be considered more often, no one on the field got to see a replay of the offsides. So Mahomes & Reid having a knee-jerk 'gently caress the refs' reaction makes some sense, because hell, don't the NFL refs in 2023 seem like the sort who could botch that sort of call?

Obv it's pathetic for Mahomes to rant about Kelce's legacy and whatever, that's embarrassing and suggests he's mad as hell about poo poo he can't publicly criticize. But the initial on-field choice to get angry at a ref instead of a teammate is understandable imho.

Understandable doesn't mean it's the right choice or a rational choice, it simply says you could put yourself in their shoes and get why that outcome was a possibility.

I didn't get really pissed at Reid/Mahomes until the post game when it became clear they were doubling down. On-field... maybe they just didn't see it and were reacting. Yeah fine. But once they doubled down after it became clear to *everyone* how egregious the offsides was... that's when everyone turned.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also for me the thing with Mahomes is, say it's a bullshit call on the sideline or whatever, who cares. But to then be spouting about it nonstop l, including *to the opposing QB*, and then into the post game presser is just like, c'mon man

Who else is waiting for this to to be used in some sort of commercial now

Nov 6, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

Also for me the thing with Mahomes is, say it's a bullshit call on the sideline or whatever, who cares. But to then be spouting about it nonstop l, including *to the opposing QB*, and then into the post game presser is just like, c'mon man

Who else is waiting for this to to be used in some sort of commercial now

At this rate it'll be on SNL.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Just getting buried

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1734276621220090151?s=20

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Puka Nacua had the coolest catch I’ve ever seen in person yesterday. He’s really awesome, how the hell did he fall so far?

Also talk about threading the needle by Stafford

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1733954182577574140#m

He was injured for the combine and posted suboptimal stats iirc

:emptyquote:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah this is now the funniest part about it for me, it's so obviously also an illegal formation that they've already gotten away with a ton this season and at one point turned into a point of emphasis for the league

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can change; and the strength to uphold kelces hall of fame legacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

I enjoy this play because it looks like the Jonah Williams physically ejects the ball from Lamar like he's giving him the Heimlich

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1734245465749946380#m

Yeah that whole sequence was awesome. On 2nd down Lamar screwed by the refs with a bad sack call, now it looks like we'll have to get it closer on 3rd to have a chance on 4th but no he gets the TD immediately on 3rd and long. Then an impossible throw made on a 2 pointer that ended up being what even allowed us to win.

Which brings me to my next issue: gently caress Joe Flacco. I dont want to hear good things about him from Ravens fans when our own QB just did this. And i dont wanna hear Lamar missed deep throws or whatever. He should be getting the accolades from us not the man-dork in Cleveland. gently caress him(for now, Ill go back to being cool with him after this long-toed stint in Cleveland is over with).