Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Thorn knows more about people's personal finances than they do, he's very smart!

your personal finances is not "the economy", hth

e: thanks for the av <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Number delivers

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol this poo poo is gonna be the 2024 version of THEYRE VOTING AGAINsT THEIR OWN INTERESTS. Could it be that people prioritize different economic indicators caused by the fact that they interact with the economy in a fundamentally different way than statistics watchers? No they must be stupid and irrational.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Number delivers

Not bitcoin, as of now it's dropped $2,383.90 or 5.44% today.

Sad :(

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

so everyone complaining about groceries being too expensive, car repairs being too expensive, etc. all of that is just because of memes, that's the idea?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Thorn is right, of course. The "economy" doesn't include the financial well being of human beings, only number! Glorious number! Praise be!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Also personal finances are absolutely the economy because personal finances is the only way 99% of the population interacts with the economy.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
according to these extremely massaged figures an abstract notion called "The Economy" is good; therefore,

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I will do whatever it takes to get my Wok Inn lunch special back under $10

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The AI and I have reached parity, because neither of us can smell anything. COVID is paving the way for equality with the machines.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Enjoying this number go up with a bunch of friends. They're just out of frame, good economying too

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

it's definitely about real estate.

I was just reminded this weekend of the Rider University - Westminster Choir College Saga, a failed ploy to liquidate the campus of the historic music conservatory in the center of Princeton, New Jersey:

lmao

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2keSJzYyY&t=1383s
New live-action Thomas the Tank Engine episode thanks to Max and America.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

this thread has an ik and yet twt is not being chain probed

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

Zodium posted:

it's better if everyone can see his avatar next to his posts

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao at some private equity firm nuking Macy's to create butcoin farms

speng31b
May 8, 2010

are you will stancil? legally you are required to answer honestly

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Thorn is right, of course. The "economy" doesn't include the financial well being of human beings, only number! Glorious number! Praise be!

let me put it in a way that even you might understand: just because it starts snowing earlier than usual where you live doesn't mean global warming is fake

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the warhammer 40k account name make me think it’s not anyone like stencil

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

let me put it in a way that even you might understand: just because it starts snowing earlier than usual where you live doesn't mean global warming is fake

hey thanks that has nothing to do with what anyone's talking about you dipshit

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NUMBER! NUMBER!! NUMBER!!! NUMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Zodium posted:

lol, begging the forum cops for help

:pathetic:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hey thanks that has nothing to do with what anyone's talking about you dipshit

it does though. your individual misery and suffering has nothing to do with "the economy", just because you yourself might be in the shitter doesn't mean the economy is bad lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is the economy ?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

it does though. your individual misery and suffering has nothing to do with "the economy", just because you yourself might be in the shitter doesn't mean the economy is bad lol

so everyone complaining about groceries being too expensive, car repairs being too expensive, etc. all of that is just because of memes, that's the idea?

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

boomer stare

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
what do you think "the economy" is if people putting their groceries on credit is a sign of a good one?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

what do you think "the economy" is if people putting their groceries on credit is a sign of a good one?

i think the implication is that only 'losers' are suffering

maybe your town is just all losers, maybe your state? Maybe your state and all the states around you? Look some people are doing real good.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Sweet, Macys will sell all of their property to a separate LLC, who will then charge rent to Macys, and increase the rent until Macys closes.

The Sears method!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
if economy bad then how come elon musk

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this piece of poo poo being stencil makes sense

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
oh lol he actually said it, lol i missed that and thought he was still dancing around it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1734268313457377566

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think the implication is that only 'losers' are suffering

maybe your town is just all losers, maybe your state? Maybe your state and all the states around you? Look some people are doing real good.

nope, that's not the implication. being in bad financial shape doesn't make one a loser

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Food prices are definitely not part of the economy, indeed. Certainly not a major way in which the average person interfaces with the economy!

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

hey just a warning, if you interact with a stancil tweet in any way, your feed will instantly become overrun with the most miserable lib takes forever.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

the economy is when there’s no other option but to vote for Genocide Joe, and the more you vote for Genocide Joe the more economy it is

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mr Hootington posted:

Thorn is 100% Will

Whack if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

euphronius posted:

what is the economy ?