Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Iymarra posted:

Where are people finding poo poo like Thunder hammers and Big Fuckin' Swords early on? Saw someone mentioning these in Act 1 and I'm almost done with Act 1 (past the point they mentioned) and nothing of that kinda has dropped.

I haven't seen a Thunderhammer on Ch1. You get one in early ch2 Footfalls. Shadow quarters map, encounter on the west side of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What about heavy weapons? I figured they'd be dropping a lil earlier than they have done it seems, I spent a talent on Argenta to get lowered strength requirement on them which might have been a waste of a pick regardless since I haven't seen what the requirements are.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sloober posted:

E. Also, I wish there was a sort button in the reputation screen on traders

If you mean cargo, there is! You need to go to the cargo goods tab that shows you items are actually in each cargo and then you can sort there by type/name/whatever. The sorting sticks when you switch back to the normal cargo tab

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

thebardyspoon posted:

What about heavy weapons? I figured they'd be dropping a lil earlier than they have done it seems, I spent a talent on Argenta to get lowered strength requirement on them which might have been a waste of a pick regardless since I haven't seen what the requirements are.

60 strength for a heavy bolter, 50 for a heavy flamer. Don't know the others.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ah that's alright and useful then, definitely wouldn't have boosted her strength up to that so I'll be able to give them a go once I find them. Obviously they might end up not being too useful regardless but I can do a respec a fair bit later if they are crap or no good ones drop.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Trying to avoid spoilers so not reading the thread too closely. Just finished act 1, killed Aurora and watched the Dark Eldar eat a star and went to Furibundus. I hadn't done anything on Rykad Majoris or Philia, did I miss anything important there?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can't really answer your question but I just wanted to comment that Furibundus has to be one of the dumbest planet names I've ever heard.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sab669 posted:

Can't really answer your question but I just wanted to comment that Furibundus has to be one of the dumbest planet names I've ever heard.

there's only so many cool names to go around and koronus is at the rear end end of nowhere, all the good names were taken

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Sab669 posted:

It's Latin for "maddened" or "frenzied".

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Is touch of anger working for anyone? Cassia does her thing and some green smoke appears but then gently caress all happens. Once I'd write it off as all the enemies passing the willpower test, 3 times I think its just busted.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

You get a heavy bolter that requires heresy levels to wield at the end of Act 1. In Act 2 the Priest faction can sell you a heavy bolter too, but you need a bunch of rep. I'm not sure if there's other places they drop.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

I got late chapter 2 Multi-Melta drop and a Heavy Stubber in Chapter 3.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Xun posted:

If you mean cargo, there is! You need to go to the cargo goods tab that shows you items are actually in each cargo and then you can sort there by type/name/whatever. The sorting sticks when you switch back to the normal cargo tab

another perplexing owlcat decision to make you back out of reputation trade then back into your cargo screen then go back to it, dunno why it can't just auto from the get go

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Should we update the thread title? Y'know, since we're past the beta stage now (jokes about Owlcat jank aside).

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

You want that talent a lot since it lowers the strength requirement from 60 to about 35, which is way more doable for a ranged focused character.

You'll also need to wait until Chapter 2 and being T4 Rep with the Drusus faction.

I will say its very worth it though, especially with the boosted rapid fire from soldier and the bonuses to punch through and armor pierce from bounty hunter she wrecks house with the heavy bolter.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Dec 12, 2023

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I do wish we could give Argenta a jetpack though- Seraphim are way cooler than Celestians :colbert:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Sab669 posted:

This is 40K, where they named a planet “Birmingham” (a dark, miserable world where no one wants to live.) It gets way dumber.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I think the single best thing I got for Argenta was a necklace from an early event that makes her single-shot bolter attacks always hit. No dodging, no cover, no tricks allowed. I still just have her rocking a vanilla bolter in late Act 2 and once she gets 4 stacks of versatility and confident approach on she is just blowing poo poo away left and right. It makes the bolter a longlas that also does burst fire for crowd control.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Darth Walrus posted:

Should we update the thread title? Y'know, since we're past the beta stage now (jokes about Owlcat jank aside).

No one has suggested anything funny enough.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tricky posted:

I think the single best thing I got for Argenta was a necklace from an early event that makes her single-shot bolter attacks always hit. No dodging, no cover, no tricks allowed. I still just have her rocking a vanilla bolter in late Act 2 and once she gets 4 stacks of versatility and confident approach on she is just blowing poo poo away left and right. It makes the bolter a longlas that also does burst fire for crowd control.

I get a lower visible hit chance despite that, does the trinket override the dice roll

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Lassitude posted:

It's Latin for "maddened" or "frenzied".

How unfortunate that your dead language sounds like a portmanteau of "furry" and "chungus".

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I'm doing the agri world quest and the railroading is more than I expected from an Owlcat game. In the first convo I have with the governor I tell her she's under arrest. She says "oh jeez, oh no, woe is me" and the reporter near the spaceship says " wow can't believe you arrested her". But she's still in her mansion. And all the doors are still locked. And she acts like everything is fine on our next conversation. Then I find out where the rebels are hiding and instead of having some option to say "hey don't worry, I took care of that ho" they are all automatically hostile. :( :( :( Like... no I do not want to slaughter all these people for no reason.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sab669 posted:

How unfortunate that your dead language sounds like a portmanteau of "furry" and "chungus".

I mean, one of your recruitable party members is a frenzied furry chungus, sooo...

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Tricky posted:

A2 bolter tip; there's a higher ROF, higher damage bolter you can get for her in footfall after the quarantine stuff gets fixed, which i think resolves after you deal with the food supply issue from janus, i believe it was in the mutant lair in the quarantine area, or maybe a cultist lair there, i dont recall exactly. they are both specifically in the quarantined area, the little treasure hunt riddle also may have some items you want for her there if you complete it since they look tailor made for her. you require access to that area to complete the treasure hunt

Sloober fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 12, 2023

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just sorted Janus, I will grab that for her too. That and Multi Melta should be a dece midgame pair.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Chillgamesh posted:

Trying to avoid spoilers so not reading the thread too closely. Just finished act 1, killed Aurora and watched the Dark Eldar eat a star and went to Furibundus. I hadn't done anything on Rykad Majoris or Philia, did I miss anything important there?

You missed a sidequest on Philia that might end up having effects on your relationship with the Winterscale rogue trader clan later on (I'm early in act 2 and haven't had any effect from it yet)

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Uhh so Pasqal has a talent (Filtering Protocols) that gives 1 AP every time you use a plasma weapon, which costs 1 AP for a single shot. This means that if you give him no limit on attacks, such as from the Officer Limit Break, he can attack an infinite number of times per turn, subject only to the AP it costs to reload.

I want to say it's a bug but it all seems to be working as described.

And this is ignoring the skill that gives him a stacking 2xIntBonus % extra damage to plasma attacks, each time he uses one.

edit: actually it looks like it stopped at 10 attacks for me. Maybe it's capped at 2x AP?

esquilax fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 12, 2023

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Despacho posted:

Is there any way to see what planet have extractors on them or am I doomed to go to every single system and see each planet?

Would like to know as well.

Also, where to find/buy more extractors - I got a bunch for free early on and bought the ones the Explorers sell at lowish rep ; figured they weren't a particularly rare ressource and basically dropped one on every ressource node I found. Now I'm out and I found rare deposits I'd like to tap...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

Ah that's alright and useful then, definitely wouldn't have boosted her strength up to that so I'll be able to give them a go once I find them. Obviously they might end up not being too useful regardless but I can do a respec a fair bit later if they are crap or no good ones drop.

Don't worry, they're great. If you went Arch-Militant, you've got plenty of talents to pick to synergize with heavy weapons once you start getting them. Your sources for Heavy Bolters and Heavy Flamers are limited, but you can get one of each from the Drusian faction

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I'm doing the agri world quest and the railroading is more than I expected from an Owlcat game. In the first convo I have with the governor I tell her she's under arrest. She says "oh jeez, oh no, woe is me" and the reporter near the spaceship says " wow can't believe you arrested her". But she's still in her mansion. And all the doors are still locked. And she acts like everything is fine on our next conversation. Then I find out where the rebels are hiding and instead of having some option to say "hey don't worry, I took care of that ho" they are all automatically hostile. :( :( :( Like... no I do not want to slaughter all these people for no reason.

Yeah Janus was very weird that way. I spoke to Yrliet, went to my shuttle and she goes "oh wow elantach I now realise that my farseer is the bad guy thanks to your wisdom or something, let me take you to the rebels." I guess just walking next to her for a few minutes is all she needed to put the pieces together? Also, I agreed to help her find her missing kin after killing the farseer, but went through that exact same convo when leaving after killing the noble. I'm also still not entirely sure what the whole plot was there - slaanash was manipulating both sides to fight each other for the laugh I guess?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Dandywalken posted:

I get a lower visible hit chance despite that, does the trinket override the dice roll

Yep, it doesn't matter what it says the visible roll is, it just hits.

e: Here's an example shot where it should only be 95% accurate, which is the normal cap, but it forced the Hit Roll target to anything under 100%.

Sloober posted:

A2 bolter tip; there's a higher ROF, higher damage bolter you can get for her in footfall after the quarantine stuff gets fixed, which i think resolves after you deal with the food supply issue from janus, i believe it was in the mutant lair in the quarantine area, or maybe a cultist lair there, i dont recall exactly. they are both specifically in the quarantined area, the little treasure hunt riddle also may have some items you want for her there if you complete it since they look tailor made for her. you require access to that area to complete the treasure hunt

Oh good call, I haven't gone back to finish those loose ends up. I'll have to take a look, thanks!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 12, 2023

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

esquilax posted:

Uhh so Pasqal has a talent (Filtering Protocols) that gives 1 AP every time you use a plasma weapon, which costs 1 AP for a single shot. This means that if you give him no limit on attacks, such as from the Officer Limit Break, he can attack an infinite number of times per turn, subject only to the AP it costs to reload.

I want to say it's a bug but it all seems to be working as described.

And this is ignoring the skill that gives him a stacking 2xIntBonus % extra damage to plasma attacks, each time he uses one.

edit: actually it looks like it stopped at 10 attacks for me. Maybe it's capped at 2x AP?

I think it stops after you reload? That seems to usually be when I notice Pasqal's attack icons suddenly go grey.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
So if during deployment you move your guys and make a save, loading that save will allow you move them as if they started in that position. How did no one catch this.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anyone know where I can find a Hotshot lasgun? Hearing they are good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

As someone else said, you're the Rogue fuckin Trader, why are you even on the ground shooting your own grunts.

This is the fundamental conceit of the role-playing game This is based on. If you weren't going to do that poo poo there basically wouldn't be a game outside of colony management and putting down unrest on your ship. It's also not that ridiculous considering the setting. Pretty much all rogue trader models or novelization involves them being some sort of combatant.

It definitely doesn't make a ton of sense if you think about it rationally, but they are being true to the source material. Also, if anybody in this setting behaved rationally at any point in time, The entire setting basically wouldn't exist.

CottonWolf posted:

60 strength for a heavy bolter, 50 for a heavy flamer. Don't know the others.

Multi melta is 55 but it's also kind of disappointing. There are fancier melta guns that are actually better than the multimelta.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Issaries posted:

No one has suggested anything funny enough.

Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader: It's Latin for "bugged"

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The TTRPG more or less says if the adventure would be boring or trivial you can send goons to do it, but Rogue Traders are adventurous idiots so you go on all the interesting and dangerous missions. One of the bestiary plot hooks involves a warrant of trade that was lost because a Rogue Trader insisted on carrying it with him all the time (it was a sound record not the big rear end scroll like you have in game), and he got eaten by a giant worm he was hunting.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Further Reading posted:

It's actually not that cogitator at all. For some reason it really means the one on the bridge that Pasqal and you mess with during the first warp jump.

I poked at that but it still says the mission isn't complete tho

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Kobal2 posted:

Also, where to find/buy more extractors - I got a bunch for free early on and bought the ones the Explorers sell at lowish rep ; figured they weren't a particularly rare ressource and basically dropped one on every ressource node I found. Now I'm out and I found rare deposits I'd like to tap...

You start to get extractors again in bulk as part of colony development on a couple of worlds, but only as second-tier projects with harder resource requirements, so there's probably going to be a bit of a natural gap in Chapter 2 before you can get them up and running.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Janus isn't a well-designed quest and it's hindered by being part of a sci-fi story rather than fantasy (there's no reason you can't just call ahead once you've established that the rebels are the good guys, instead of walking through a minefield to locate them) but I think Yrileth's involvement also compounds the confusion in the storytelling. The governor took her in and gave her a home, so now she murders the rebels who are actually working with the Eldar. This is a shocking set-up. Then she's shocked - somehow - to discover that her friend the governor and her mysterious maidservant might have been worshipping Slaanesh and murdering innocent people all this time, because this has simply never come up before. Then she's equally shocked when she brings you to the rebels and they start shooting at you (you were killing them back at the palace, Yrileth! You imbecile!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Further Reading posted:

Yeah Janus was very weird that way. I spoke to Yrliet, went to my shuttle and she goes "oh wow elantach I now realise that my farseer is the bad guy thanks to your wisdom or something, let me take you to the rebels." I guess just walking next to her for a few minutes is all she needed to put the pieces together? Also, I agreed to help her find her missing kin after killing the farseer, but went through that exact same convo when leaving after killing the noble. I'm also still not entirely sure what the whole plot was there - slaanash was manipulating both sides to fight each other for the laugh I guess?

I assume finding out what is up with the eldar is Yrliet's companion quest because you're right, by the end of the Janus quest we have no idea why the eldar abandoned her

There was someone in the thread earlier posting about Yrliet's reaction to a crewmember flirting with her and I gotta agree, she was definitely into it lmao. I'm playing dogmatic so will probably be throwing her off the ship at some point. Wish there was some gameplay advantage to giving her to the inquisition because my inner munchkin is finding it hard to turn my back on a potential companion.