Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol, trae young got ejected for clapping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

as a huge fan of refball this season is one of the best ever so far

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

I know stephen a smith wants to say zion would flourish in okc or indiana or some other place with flavorless white people food

https://youtu.be/uMsrrfabD3A?si=iEgkBXxODKtA_5uQ

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

I know stephen a smith wants to say zion would flourish in okc or indiana or some other place with flavorless white people food

Dang that hurts

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A quote from Ja during the trial

["Him pulling up his shorts, where I'm from, that's a fighting stance," Morant said.]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

saw the bulls took milwaukee to OT again, lmao, aren't the bucks supposed to be good

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ja willing to throw down if a plumber ever comes into his house

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Shear Modulus posted:

N: the spurs have lost 17 games in a row, a new franchise record losing streak

V: at this point i now believe the team is still actively tanking but pretending harder than last year that they aren't

I don't think they're pretending at all, people just had unrealistic expectations for Wemby in year one. Maybe by the end of the season when their bottom 3 spot is locked in, they'll let the 7'6 guy play near the basket. It's a wonder Wemby's numbers are as decent as they are when a third of his shot attempts are 3s, which he is shooting at a cool 26%.

Blind Pineapple fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 12, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Blind Pineapple posted:

I don't think they're pretending at all, people just had unrealistic expectations for Wemby in year one. Maybe by the end of the season when their bottom 3 spot is locket in, they'll let the 7'6 guy play near the basket. It's a wonder Wemby's numbers are as decent as they are when a third of his shot attempts are 3s, which he is shooting at a cool 26%.

26%??? i always knew hed be a bust

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

saw the bulls took milwaukee to OT again, lmao, aren't the bucks supposed to be good

Alex Caruso too much for Dame

(I didn't actually watch the game I'm just assuming based on Dame's line)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tae posted:

A quote from Ja during the trial

["Him pulling up his shorts, where I'm from, that's a fighting stance," Morant said.]

It is tho.

Ja was dumb as poo poo moving like this, but yeah man pulling up shorts/pants is like 100% going to be seen as aggressive in that context lol.

Doesn't mean Ja's non teenager and rich rear end needs to act on it, but yeah walking up to someone's face while pulling up pants or shorts is how most fights I saw in high school started.

An adult should not instantly go for the gun or jump someone when a teenager tries to aggressively peacock himself. Though, to be clear.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 12, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Zion needs to lose weight. People can say that without joking on him.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

temple posted:

people can also say it while joking on him. its a free country.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

temple posted:

I am the thinnest person you ever met. Also, you ever had them baked Cheetos? Those are awesome.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
There's like a pretty sizable difference between some dipshits on SA making fat jokes and like an entire national media apparatus making fat jokes about someone.

The poo poo SAS is doing loving sucks.

I thought Shaq of all people handled it the best.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 12, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dexo posted:

The poo poo SAS is doing loving sucks.

well, if you truly think so you can probe some people

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Shear Modulus posted:

N: the spurs have lost 17 games in a row, a new franchise record losing streak

V: at this point i now believe the team is still actively tanking but pretending harder than last year that they aren't

There’s no one to tank for

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

morestuff posted:

There’s no one to tank for

if you get the top pick in a draft your almost guaranteed to win 40+ games the following year unless that player ends up being a huge bust

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

temple posted:

I was talking about the media btw

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/1734463688697139328

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Edit: apparently I missed a page of discourse on this

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Don't think he'd lose much weight on a diet of Indiana tenderloins

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Spurs shot 5-41 on threes last night. Believe it or not, that is not the worst ever shooting in an NBA game. But it's close.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Death By Yogurt posted:

Don't think he'd lose much weight on a diet of Indiana tenderloins

What the gently caress is this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

why does that man's facial hair make it look like he has a beak

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I am not entirely sure if Zion needs to lose weight, but he certainly needs to work on his conditioning. Those aren't necessarily the same things. There have been a bunch of players who've carried a lot of weight and still ran down the floor. I'm thinking his recent injuries have put him behind the ball, he's a little older (comparatively), and he probably isn't a guy who should be playing himself into shape.

That said, he's still playing pretty well and absolutely torched Minnesota last night.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

What the gently caress is this

It's schnitzel

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

I am not entirely sure if Zion needs to lose weight, but he certainly needs to work on his conditioning. Those aren't necessarily the same things. There have been a bunch of players who've carried a lot of weight and still ran down the floor. I'm thinking his recent injuries have put him behind the ball, he's a little older (comparatively), and he probably isn't a guy who should be playing himself into shape.

That said, he's still playing pretty well and absolutely torched Minnesota last night.

Agreed about the conditioning and that has been something I've been trying to focus on. He also needs to lose enough weight to be able to have controlled closeouts and move laterally again. I don't know how much weight that would be. Those are the two biggest physical things preventing him from being the defender he could be.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Gary Trent is trash since he lost his payes. Raptors are dreadful. Scottie Barnes is going to ask for a trade if this keeps up.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

BWV posted:

Gary Trent is trash since he lost his payes. Raptors are dreadful. Scottie Barnes is going to ask for a trade if this keeps up.

At least they didnt max Siakam.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Someone please post Sharpe crossing up Theis last night with Scoot doing a YouTube thumbnail in the background

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2023/12/11/0022300304/451/a477b480-21ac-1574-14a8-7dc833ee52f5_1280x720.mp4

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Please save Wemby from this:
https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2023/12/11/0022300298/639/d6470815-4508-e57b-994d-1a5f34bf3ec3_1280x720.mp4

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Occasionally I remember that Stephen Silas is an assistant on the Pistons this year.

dokmo posted:

Spurs shot 5-41 on threes last night. Believe it or not, that is not the worst ever shooting in an NBA game. But it's close.

Have to give him credit, Wemby had a nice poster on Sengun last night. Thankfully, he was content to brick threes the rest of the game like everyone else.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
This was in the middle of an 11-0 run in just under a minute (with Fox on the bench even), sandwiched between two beautiful Keegan 3s

https://x.com/nbatv/status/1734434216341815441?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

https://x.com/statmuse/status/1734442397507998071?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

Can’t get the NBA website video to load so here’s a rando’s twitter vid. Wish he made it

https://x.com/lucaskaplan_/status/1734437276828962997?s=46&t=onxyh9cLuduaEE8VkMrnMQ

Kings hit their new franchise record in made 3s, hitting 25/45 or 55.6%. Absurd

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

lol vintage

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lockback posted:

Granted I've only watched him a couple times this season but the biggest thing that concerns me is that he gets up and down the court like a 30+ year old big. Lotta shorter strides that come down hard instead of the more fluid run that you'd expect to see out of a 23 year old. Now even if he got down to a low body fat percentage, he'd probably still be running pretty hard but compare how much harder his run looks compared to LeBron. Zion looks like he's absolutely murdering his knees by comparison.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Azathoth posted:

Granted I've only watched him a couple times this season but the biggest thing that concerns me is that he gets up and down the court like a 30+ year old big. Lotta shorter strides that come down hard instead of the more fluid run that you'd expect to see out of a 23 year old. Now even if he got down to a low body fat percentage, he'd probably still be running pretty hard but compare how much harder his run looks compared to LeBron. Zion looks like he's absolutely murdering his knees by comparison.

Yeah his bent-back shuffle suggests either excessive load on his knees or concern over it. so sayeth a learned doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Zion needs to get fatter