Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

There are precious few comparison points in Gundam for "oldtype who beats Newtypes"

It is also, to be fair, the one good idea that came out of age.

Not a great execution, by any measure, but 'oldtype pilot with daddy issues white knuckling his way into competing with space psychics' is at least compelling.

That said, I will not stand for erasure of my boi Yazan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Yazan straight up refused to become a newtype, everytime he almost has a flash he's like "gently caress that i just wanna murder, not be connected to others"

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yazan straight up refused to become a newtype, everytime he almost has a flash he's like "gently caress that i just wanna murder, not be connected to others"

I keep seeing people reference that but I don't remember it at all. Yazan was just such a nothing character to me when I watched Zeta

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

chrome line posted:

I keep seeing people reference that but I don't remember it at all. Yazan was just such a nothing character to me when I watched Zeta

Yazan grabs a guy's dick right before a sortie, then tells the guy he sucks for not even being at half mast when they're about to go kill people.

There's a lot of things to say about Yazan, but "forgettable" is an odd pick.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The dude is Sting by way of Dune but in anime.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Yazan grabs a guy's dick right before a sortie, then tells the guy he sucks for not even being at half mast when they're about to go kill people.

There's a lot of things to say about Yazan, but "forgettable" is an odd pick.

I wish I could forget ZZ Yazan

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

The dude is Sting by way of Dune but in anime.

He's general purpose Sting, thanks to the turtle tattoo. And he comes back in Return of Johnny Ridden, where he's back to standard after ZZ's weirdness.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

He's general purpose Sting, thanks to the turtle tattoo. And he comes back in Return of Johnny Ridden, where he's back to standard after ZZ's weirdness.

If he's general purpose Sting when do I get to see Yazan as a very threatening bartender with an idiot cardshark son?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Jerid is my favourite Gundam antagonist.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

If he's general purpose Sting when do I get to see Yazan as a very threatening bartender with an idiot cardshark son?

That's his sidestory manga set during Unicorn.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

That's his sidestory manga set during Unicorn.

See now the thing is you could be bullshitting me or you're telling the truth and I wouldn't be able to tell. There's enough random manga sidestories out there that a Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Gundams story probably does exist.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

See now the thing is you could be bullshitting me or you're telling the truth and I wouldn't be able to tell. There's enough random manga sidestories out there that a Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Gundams story probably does exist.

It's not a thing yet, but he does have to look after a bratty teenage cyber-newtype for Gopp in Return of Johnny Ridden, so we're well on the way.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/11Vadu/status/1733760887385907245?t=u2nFMffbYuR0u60lF_MamA&s=19

Its that time of year for mobile suit snowboarders.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Son of a bitch, Gundaminfo already took Turn A off YouTube. I was only halfway through.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Two weeks isn't really enough time to view 50 episodes unless you're a dedicated binge watcher.

Of course nobody outside of the US was allowed to watch it either so I'm gonna chalk this one up to another questionable decision by Bandai.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Youtube compression makes the shows look like rear end anyways. Either buy it or pirate it. Don't expect a company to give you a worthwhile experience

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MechaChronah/status/1734400106210750470?t=XuFpSuXkyw8hHYnoyEzz5w&s=19

Zoomers discovering SFM videos and now crossing it with gundam memes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/1734664418187984955?t=tcGV67pImvENRzHF8cawaA&s=19

Aaaand another preview.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus, the sameface in this is so bad it unironically looks like Cagalli is hitting on Lacus

In fact with the sound off I just choose to believe this is the story of Kira's sister dating his girlfriend and Kira being sad about it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus, the sameface in this is so bad it unironically looks like Cagalli is hitting on Lacus

In fact with the sound off I just choose to believe this is the story of Kira's sister dating his girlfriend and Kira being sad about it.

I want to interpret the story as this blond dude is hitting on Lacus so hard that it starts Kira's villain arc because he'd rather become a Gundam wielding tyrant than ask her if she likes new boy more than him.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

This is a joke right. That is cagali right?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

This is a joke right. That is cagali right?

Blue eyes, not brown. So it's clearly Cagalli with contact lenses.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I love Seed Freedom so much. Such clown car incompetence. Love to see it

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Youtube compression makes the shows look like rear end anyways. Either buy it or pirate it. Don't expect a company to give you a worthwhile experience

Who exactly do you think produces the discs...or the shows themselves, for that matter.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Part of me can't wait to hate watch this ugly pos

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It’s gonna be good.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Part of me can't wait to hate watch this ugly pos

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm no SEED defender but that is so obviously not Cagalli's hair nor her maroon Orb President suit.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
This movie looks so bad lmao. Like, I have no clue how the story will be, I expect it will be bad but who knows! But visually this is a loving trainwreck

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eh, the mech stuff looks fine. I think the character stuff is bad but I thought that of SEED too so it must work for someone.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The characters all look like theyre 4 feet tall. Weird proprtions!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hirai come

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, the mech stuff looks fine. I think the character stuff is bad but I thought that of SEED too so it must work for someone.

It's weird how that happens. At the start of SEED the characters all look vaguely like Clamp characters and they're just kind of generically fine. But once you hit the halfway point they start to soften up like someone left them too close to the space heater. So by episode 30 Kira's a super fuzzy squishy cartoon. There's one episode shortly before he gets his new gundam where he has a flash back to earlier in the series and you can just see the edges vanish from everyone's face and their hair expand like palm fronds.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

As somebody that actually really likes SEED (gently caress Destiny though) and also loves trainwrecks I am very excited for the movie.

I mean look at this Nintendo Switch looking footage, it's glorious:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 13, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zedd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeTPYstf59Y

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean it's fitting in a way given how Seed Destiny turned out. This is just an escalation of that!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/RasenBran/status/1734670670238208099?t=EPibn54RQzOsYyAeG0zURw&s=19

Every Frame A Painting.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

What are the chances this will involve (...or even mention) the third generation of Coordinators being sterile?

Is there a number below absolute zero?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

What are the chances this will involve (...or even mention) the third generation of Coordinators being sterile?

Is there a number below absolute zero?

No, it's entirely possible. For all that people say it was forgotten, the main villain's motivation in Destiny was born of that basic fact. It could be an actual issue they have to address at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Zedd posted:

Jarring as gently caress to have this pop in during the trailer, just the fly in zoom plus the CG everything not really blending. Ugly af