Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Weirdworld plus Blob (assume you can cheat him out early). Does he eat your deck so the opponent has no more card draw, or does he eat your opponent's deck so that you have no more card draw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/neilaglet/status/1734634496639566167

Furious this isn't a variant

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/lufku9/status/1734650387561578695

oof

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Quackles posted:

I think I found the ideal Blob deck: Hella Lockjaw.

Blob makes it safer to gamble on Lady Sif with Hella in hand, as well as doubling as a Silver Samurai target (that further protects Hella).

Hella. :cool:
<snipped list>
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsdmVyU2FtdXJhaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnbmV0byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxvY2tqYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja0NhdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhZGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlVGlnZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsb2IifV19

Just rode this from 95->100. Feels unusually consistent, but also helped that I got a few 8-cube wins from Darkhawk players. The best one was when they played Black Widow early when I had Blob in hand and Nexus was in play.

They managed to get multiple Darkhawks down on it, but I didn’t play the Widow’s Bite on purpose and Blob turned them into 0 power Darkhawks and then I had 39 across all 3 lanes.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Congrats to this person on their 3 new cards. Good haul and good use of saving caches for the right week.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, like, any week you can get 3/3 new cards that's a good deal, even if the cards are only decentish individually.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I got Man-Thing with my first pull last week.

.... I also got Man-Thing with my first pull this week.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Well, upside, it's not different from getting any other card you already have. It all gets slurried into 1k tokens.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
idk what's funnier about Blob: people using Quicksilver and Domino for deck fattening, or people using Martyr and Gladiator for stat stuffing

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The best Blob decks I've seen so far are just Prison decks that use him to overpower the one open lane.

Overall, he seems okay. A decent wincon when draws are okay, but he bricks fairly often due to wrong draws or location variance. Also weird that he's one of the few cards in the game that doesn't want you to draw more cards.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I pulled 4 caches to get Blob :sigh:

I am really hoping that I can get one more key this week, as I really don't want to miss out on Nico next week with bad pulls again. Getting another 1k tokens just now means I have over 6k for a token card, but meh, that feels worse than the spotlight gamble.

Got a variant Ravonna, hopefully she gets a good deck soon, and finally got Tribunal, so maybe I'll make one of those bullshit decks. Only to constantly be blown out by Enchantress.

It's gotten to the point where I put Enchantress in my Silver Surfer deck to deal with this poo poo. Rogue just wasn't effective enough.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 12, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Got a variant Ravonna.

Ravonna already has a few good decks. She slots in a lot of Junk and Darkhawk lists, and features in the more functional versions of Mr. Negitive. Making her a 2/3 turned her into one of the best—maybe the best, static discount card in the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

canyonero posted:

Weirdworld plus Blob (assume you can cheat him out early). Does he eat your deck so the opponent has no more card draw, or does he eat your opponent's deck so that you have no more card draw?

He'll eat your deck, yes. Turn 1 Weirdworld into turn 2 Pegasus is going to win a few games I'm sure.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Blob is good fun.

# (2) Armor
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Legion
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Blob
# (6) Orka
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxvYiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2lnYW50byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT3JrYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybmltWm9sYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVnaW9uIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The dream is turn 3 Wave -> Blob -> Taskmaster -> Zola the Blob.

Joink fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 13, 2023

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skippy McPants posted:

Ravonna already has a few good decks. She slots in a lot of Junk and Darkhawk lists, and features in the more functional versions of Mr. Negitive. Making her a 2/3 turned her into one of the best—maybe the best, static discount card in the game.

Oh, I've had her since she debut, and I've barely seen her

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Finally get my hands on Tribunal and the new card is interesting.

It's Hela o'clock, my friends.

e: Ravonna variant is loving poo poo. Wish me luck in practicing avoidance.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Did not avoid :mad:

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Red posted:

I gambled another key and got Ravonna, so I'll stop here, since I don't really care about Tribunal.

That looks neat, but I have no Kamala. :(

Marvel is plan B. You really just want to double up on your 0 power ongoings. I’d be interested in seeing what the deck builder suggests. Maybe Mr. Negative?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Red posted:

I'm kind of meh on both, to be honest. I prefer Mystique's Ms. Marvel variant and the Blob base, myself.

Meanwhile, here's a deck I'm having a blast with. It's basically a 'no cards for you' deck, and I get a lot of nope-quits after 1 round in conquest.

Okay I've tried building a couple variants of this in my time but this one is very funny.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Quetzadilla posted:

Okay I've tried building a couple variants of this in my time but this one is very funny.

Yeah thank you for this Red. It just utterly clowned on a blinged out Loki + Blob deck.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Joink posted:

Blob is good fun.

# (2) Armor
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Legion
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Blob
# (6) Orka
# (6) Giganto
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxvYiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNodXJpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2lnYW50byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT3JrYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybmltWm9sYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVnaW9uIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The dream is turn 3 Wave -> Blob -> Taskmaster -> Zola the Blob.

Turn 1: Project Pegasus reveals. Play Legion on Project Pegasus.
Turn 2: Play 68 power Blob. Play Arnim Zola. Two 68 power Blobs.
Turns 3 - 5: Worry the opponent will play Sheng Chi or Shadow King.
Turn 6: Opponent retreats.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Good, great. I rolled an extra key hoping to get Ravonna as a relatively new player and got Martyr. This is why you hold for 4 keys, huh?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

When Pigs Cry posted:

Good, great. I rolled an extra key hoping to get Ravonna as a relatively new player and got Martyr. This is why you hold for 4 keys, huh?

all I'm saying is they better rework Howard into the best card in the game

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The only way I think they could make him semi-viable is if his ability let you look at the order of your entire deck

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The only way I think they could make him semi-viable is if his ability let you look at the order of your entire deck

OR: look at the top two cards of your deck and put them back in any order

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Lamby just won the tournament

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
congrats to most of the thread on their new Deathsquawk variant

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

My Second Re-Reg posted:

:same:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If you keep pulling Man-Thing you're liable to go blind

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Fate Accomplice posted:

OR: look at the top two cards of your deck and put them back in any order

SCRY

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Have it show the top card in your deck while it's in your hand then have on reveal: move the top card of your deck to the bottom

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Hobo Clown posted:

There's a weird visual bug with Blob where the effects of cards he eats kind of loom large over his location

Doc Ock seems to be an effective Blob counter. Someone Waved him out on 4, he pulls Blob, and I had no cards to play for 2 turns

This should absolutely be kept as a feature. If cards that create other cards donate their effects, Blob should inherit the effects of all the cards he absorbs!

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Nightmare blunt rotation.

Anyways, got blob in 2. I feel it In my bones they nudge pinball machine a lil for cards they want the most players to grab. Fun to play if he’s not the turn 6 smasher you want him to be. It’s very entertaining to see darkhawk* decks get btfo.

* I also run darkhawk

Marvel SNAP! Just gambling on the toilet.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 13, 2023

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Opopanax posted:

If you keep pulling Man-Thing you're liable to go blind

Thread title.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Nybble posted:

gently caress yeah I wanted that variant.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hit infinite with brainless lockdown

Daredevil still probably low key the best card in the game

Alioth farted on so many people (the smart players see it coming and retreat, I did not face a lot of smart players)

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 13, 2023

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Granted, I also didn't snap because I could have lost that. Eat poo poo, darkhawk

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Nybble posted:

They're cowards for not calling him DeathCock

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Decided to go for Ravonna. Didn’t pull the 1000 tokens, but did have to suffer the Tribunal variant before I got her. Honestly, adding the avatar to the package makes it a bit more palatable. The variant is just fine to me, but as an av it’s awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I really want that Blob variant but I spent 4 keys getting him and I really don’t want to drop more than that