Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Second baby arrived yesterday morning and everybody is doing well :toot: we're going home in a couple hours probably. Her big sister (2 yo) has visited and did not have the negative reaction I was dreading, so yay

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Many thanks to everyone for the construction/builder recs.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Rufio posted:

About three weeks after my toddler had it, all his toenails fell off. HFM is a horrible virus. Good luck.

Did you leave them under the pillow for the toenail fairy?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I’m afraid to ask what toenail fairy leaves in return. Chicken gizzards? Centipedes?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

sullat posted:

Buddy if you're not trying to hasten Ragnarök I'd thank you to keep your nails out of the hands of supernatural creatures.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Second baby arrived yesterday morning and everybody is doing well :toot: we're going home in a couple hours probably. Her big sister (2 yo) has visited and did not have the negative reaction I was dreading, so yay

:toot: Congrats

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Congrats! GLHF

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

sullat posted:

If saving up for the nail fairy would get him to stop picking and biting his nails then I'm ready to play along

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

“Mama, mermaids don’t have dingles.”

Kid I don’t really know what to say to that.
E: the older sibling then chimed in that they pee out their butts in their tails, so I guess that’s settled

BadSamaritan fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 13, 2023

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I was gonna make a joke about mermaids having a cloaca, but then I started fact checking myself on Google and now my search history is all about fish buttholes. The rest of you are gonna have to live with this shame with me.

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
2.5yo isn’t feeling great, I had to lay him down in his crib ten times tonight before he actually stayed asleep. 4.5yo napped at daycare so getting her to fall asleep took well over an hour. Total bedtime tonight was 2h20min. It has been rough lately even when they are feeling well. In June-ish there was a few weeks where they both were sleeping through the night, and I loathe that I had that taste of the good life, only to have it disappear competently. Someone recently posted about how quality of life would be 100% better if the kids would sleep, and I 100% agree.

My boyfriend is trying to help out with bedtime, he’s gotten my son down a few times but my daughter needs me to do it. That’s totally fine, but it’s nice to have someone who wants to help and can at least do one of the bed times every now and then.

The other night he was trying to do some guided imagery with my daughter, and they were picturing a tree on a sunny day and slowly zooming in, there was an ant on the tree that went back to it’s ant hill, and my daughter chimes in, “Then I squished all the ants because I hate them! They are fire ants and they were trying to sting me!” Then she started to list all the facts she knows about fire ants.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I had forgotten how tiny newborns are after dealing with a 15kg toddler

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Koivunen posted:

The other night he was trying to do some guided imagery with my daughter, and they were picturing a tree on a sunny day and slowly zooming in, there was an ant on the tree that went back to it’s ant hill, and my daughter chimes in, “Then I squished all the ants because I hate them! They are fire ants and they were trying to sting me!” Then she started to list all the facts she knows about fire ants.

Lmao we don't deserve toddlers.

Greetings middle of the night crew. Tonight was the first night I managed to get babby into the bassinet and I was able to get a good solid 2.5 hours of sleep.

Then I got woken up to my older son crying next to me. He came into my bed next to me and then peed in his sleep. This is his first accident of this magnitude in months, he's usually pretty good with accidents. So I get him cleaned up, lay back down in the bed, and like clockwork the little one starts crying. That's fair, he was due for a bottle anyway.

Little one cried so hard he made himself congested so he refused the bottle because he couldn't breathe. So I shot him with saline which worked but then he fell asleep and won't take the bottle again. No point in going back to bed until he takes this drat thing though.

But I got that 2.5 hours so tonight's a huge success, right?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Renegret posted:

No, we don't. But by the same token,

Renegret posted:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Upthread there was talk about a white noise/color coded night light and I think I've concluded it was the Hatch. Sadly that is only available in the continental US - anything similar available in Europe?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

It's insane. It was also insane how much our toddler grew during the two days we were at the hospital for labor and recovery. Suddenly she was a little giant.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

bolind posted:

Upthread there was talk about a white noise/color coded night light and I think I've concluded it was the Hatch. Sadly that is only available in the continental US - anything similar available in Europe?

https://littlehippo.com/products/mella is the one we use, maybe it's in Europe?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Jose Valasquez posted:

https://littlehippo.com/products/mella is the one we use, maybe it's in Europe?

They claim they ship internationally but the checkout won't let me, and even then I'll be on the hook for customs and fees... thanks anyways tho.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Son: YOU WANNA CATCH ME YOU WANNA RUN AROUND THE HOUSE
Me: [on couch under blanket, sipping coffee] uh yeah sure

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Vengeance is mine!!! The tofu you didn't touch has been pureed into your smoothie, which you drank 80% of! :evilbuddy:

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

bolind posted:

Most of those fancy color-changing, bluetooth-enabled LED lightbulbs have the ability to set schedules via a phone app, so you could just go with a normal desk lamp and that. It wouldn't have the white noise feature, obviously, but if you're just doing it for wake up time it might work. Phillips is the trustworthy brand here, not sure in Europe.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Brawnfire posted:

Son: YOU WANNA CATCH ME YOU WANNA RUN AROUND THE HOUSE
Me: [on couch under blanket, sipping coffee] uh yeah sure

Offer to play hide and seek instead then throw the blanket over your head.

There is absolutely no way this can backfire.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I had a nightmare last night that one of my kids died. It's been a bad morning.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I also didn’t realize how big toddlers actually are

It’s very weird when most of the night is spent attending to our 5 day old and then the 4 year old randomly wakes up and I’m just thinking about this enormous child I’m tucking in.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My (then) four year old has never been as enormous as when he walked into the hospital room to see his newborn sister for the first time. Hands, feet, head. We’d been separated for like 36 hours and I swear he had grown by 20%.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

killer crane posted:

Urgh that is a day-ruiner for sure.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
the casual ease with which I'm prepared to hold other people's babies and coo at them is still funny to me. I used to be so scared and now I'm just like hey wanna break? c'mere little bub

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

killer crane posted:

Ugh. Dreams of your kids in peril or suffering actual harm are the absolute loving worst. I wake up in such a state when it happens.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

killer crane posted:

This happens to me every once and a while too and yeah it puts you in a funk for sure.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Looks like our 5 month old got through COVID in like two days with barely any coughs and sneezes and in fantastic spirits. Meanwhile us olds are a week in and still feeling like shiiiiite

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

bolind posted:

Tommee Tippee seems to have one: link. No idea if it's complete trash or not, but at least it's sold on Babymarkt which has multiple webshops in different European countries.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Crescent Wrench posted:

Ugh. Dreams of your kids in peril or suffering actual harm are the absolute loving worst. I wake up in such a state when it happens.

I had one recently where I cooked my baby for dinner. Carved him at the table like a chicken.

Kinda funny in hindsight but I was hosed for the whole day.

The worst part with the dream is that I didn't even want baby for dinner that night. I was just going through the motions of making dinner because maybe I'll be hungry when it's done but then I wasn't and the food went to waste.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Renegret posted:

I had one recently where I cooked my baby for dinner. Carved him at the table like a chicken.

Kinda funny in hindsight but I was hosed for the whole day.

The worst part with the dream is that I didn't even want baby for dinner that night. I was just going through the motions of making dinner because maybe I'll be hungry when it's done but then I wasn't and the food went to waste.

The worst is when your toddler tells you to make something different. Dude you’re not my boss, this isn’t a restaurant, there’s no menu. You eat babies all the time. After 5 minutes of whining about candy they finally start eating and remember it’s their favorite.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

space uncle posted:

The worst is when your toddler tells you to make something different. Dude you’re not my boss, this isn’t a restaurant, there’s no menu. You eat babies all the time. After 5 minutes of whining about candy they finally start eating and remember it’s their favorite.

This is why I just buy the 200 count of frozen baby nuggets from Costco. Just not worth the effort to do it fresh for some poo poo who won't appreciate it.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Listen, random dude at the office holiday party, if you didn't want to see a picture of a baby with an impressive snot bubble, you shouldn't have been in the vicinity of people asking for baby pictures.

But seriously, that thing was half the size of her head.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

So how am I supposed to get the antibiotic gel in the eyes...?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Emily Spinach posted:

Listen, random dude at the office holiday party, if you didn't want to see a picture of a baby with an impressive snot bubble, you shouldn't have been in the vicinity of people asking for baby pictures.

But seriously, that thing was half the size of her head.

You can't post something like this and not share the snot bubble

Gophermaster
Mar 5, 2005

Bring the Ruckas

hallo spacedog posted:

So how am I supposed to get the antibiotic gel in the eyes...?

Hold em down, flip the bottom eyelid and apply. It's a bad time for all involved.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Gophermaster posted:

Hold em down, flip the bottom eyelid and apply. It's a bad time for all involved.

I'm not looking forward to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Renegret posted:

You can't post something like this and not share the snot bubble

Well, more like a quarter the size of her head. Still very impressive imo.