Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

years from now when i start up PPW (Pee Pee Wrestling), internet historians will dig up this thread when the booking starts getting bad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

yea ok posted:

he didn't write the list he just created the thread that the list was based on.

i always knew tony was a true poster

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Coach Tony K started the thread and the list was a compilation of the thread that got passed around if I'm remembering right.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He wrote the list and makes the talent act it out for his bizarre amusement each week

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Nah that's just Miro

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If AEW crashes and burns without ever calling in Vince Russo I'll feel cheated.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If Punk is gonna be hellbent on destroying AEW by stealing the WBD deal to get back at Young Bucks and Jack Perry then Tony has no choice but to get rid of them.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

years from now when i start up PPW (Pee Pee Wrestling), internet historians will dig up this thread when the booking starts getting bad...

I don't believe your booking would ever be bad :)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every show is different from the posted card, a classic PPW joke.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

just remembered the rumor that tony khan wrote that wrestling sleeze list that circulated a lot on the old internet? lol i can absolutely believe it. dont wanna link it here because its tremendously gross but i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about anyway

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s not a rumour iirc he gave away his username in an interview or some poo poo and people realised he was the OP of the thread

lol the incredible detective work that was required to figure out that sleaze thread OP coachtonyk was Tony Khan

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No no that's too obvious, lets call him coach T Khan

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Everyone like that jericho promo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

no!!! he needs to pack it up. go back to the fed for his lil hall of fame ceremony and a couple of final skits

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Everyone like that jericho promo

that promo was painful to watch. Weigh in with cody levels of bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chris Jericho don't bury talent challenge [Impossible]

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
billy starks XD

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I did love how big bill just no sold all the insults towards his past. Like ok yeah but Im in a better place now and hanging out with a cooler guy whats your point?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
If anybody needs a reminder of how drat good a performer Ricky is, imagine that segment without him there

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The Enzo amore reference was straight out of TNA playbook

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I liked John Pollock's guess/accusation that Kenny decided/was told to just go out there and riff off Jericho with absolutely no notes and was not as good at improv as he thought

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that was the worst kenny appearance i've ever seen on aew, it was shocking

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I like how Kenny frantically had to go back to the goodnight bang stuff he hasn’t done in years to try and save it.

Kenny’s character works best when he’s sunglasses, cocky cleaner guy. He was great with Callis

Maybe Don is right about him…

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if i was ricky and still on the fence about going to wwe, last night would have sealed the deal

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope after that segment Jericho told Starks that he will have to do poo poo like that every week if he goes to WWE.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'll say this: jericho is so good at being wwe i forgot there was a parking lot ninjas seg until john pollock brought it up again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if i was ricky and still on the fence about going to wwe, last night would have sealed the deal

yeah lol

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
i haven't watched the last 4-5 dynamites - i could care less about the tournament, and unless the devil is jesus himself it's going to be an underwhelming reveal at this point with how long it's dragged out

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the tournament rules

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

the tournament rules

it's really good. good matches

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

just keep it going. league seasons forever. Workrate!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ill be honest I agree. They keep saddling him with poo poo he has to carry all by himself instead of working with people who are on his level.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

just keep it going. league seasons forever. Workrate!

for real. More tournaments. Never ending tournaments. Bring back the ranking system and use tournaments to determine who is number 1!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
matches are cool, i feel like the AEW i started liking had a great mix of amazing matches and good stories...now it's just kinda good matches and what the gently caress else is going on here

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I think the wrestling's as good as it's ever been but agreed on the rest

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They've dragged this devil poo poo out for so long its either going to make no sense or be completely underwhelming or both.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Since it's 2009 Raw now in the cringe part of the tonyverse, they should just commit and have Swoggle be the devil.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The thing that stuck out to me about that promo was
1) The whole thrust of it from Ricky and Big Cass was that Kenny couldn't trust Jericho, a serial betrayer. This is a real, legitimate point, in canon, Jericho has wound up abandoning, manipulating or betraying basically everybody he's allied with in AEW. The only exception is Sammy, who knifed him first. There's a built in great response for this from Kenny, because both Big Cass and Ricky are also traitorous pieces of scum. Big Cass betrayed his best friend, Ricky betrayed Brian Cage, then also betrayed CM Punk and loving attacked Ricky the Dragon Steamboat with a belt. Kenny could've brought any of this up, but instead he made dick jokes about Big Cass, and brought up the Firm -- good job by one of the EVPs of the company to bring up one of the many failed, aborted pushes in this company's history. Way to go. And it's not like they couldn't reference Big Cass' history in WWE - they outright named Enzo later in the loving promo!
2) Ricky just seemed legitimately annoyed by the end of it. Like, he was sick of the bad riffing and was like "okay, christ, guess I have to get this stupid poo poo back on track." He just came off like he was actually, in real life, really unhappy with how badly Kenny and Jericho had derailed the promo. Rightfully so!

Anyway, that aside, it's really funny how great that episode of Dynamite was, and then at the end it just cuts to a stupid loving Devil segment and you can feel the air just get let out of the balloon. Does anybody like this lovely story at this point?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was gonna write a long post about how stupid it was that the Devil attacked Hangman because doesn't the Devil want people to think Hangman is the Devil? Wasn't that the entire point of attacking MJF with the beer bottle? But then I wrote it all down and I actually realized with that little soft retcon that Roderick Strong threw in, the story is actually this:

- The Devil attacked Jay White for challenging MJF.
- The Devil attacked the Acclaimed because MJF lost a tag team match while teaming with them.
- The Devil attacked MJF with a beer bottle to tie MJF's accusation that Hangman is the Devil to a direct assault.
- The Devil attacked Hangman and made sure they were both on screen at the same time to make it clear that Hangman isn't the Devil. This throws that attack on MJF with the beer bottle into doubt.
- ......so now it looks like MJF faked an attack on himself.
- So now it looks like, as Roderick Strong said, MJF is the Devil.

Which....Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii guess. I guess it's actually kind of a clever misdirect, but the problem is that the person saying "Guys, MJF is the Devil." is Roderick Strong, somebody who for the last six months has been firmly characterized as being crazy and wrong about everything. You couldn't find somebody with some actual credibility for this?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Who cares anyway? Guys attack each other every week, why does it matter if someone does it in a goofy mask. Swerve broke into hangmans house to protect his baby that page left alone and he didn't need a mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I hope the devil stuff is resolved quickly and never brought up again.