Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

srypher posted:

How is black bolt and Medusa’s marriage? absorbing man and titania seem like a healthy couple too

They’ve had some periods of separation at the minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

srypher posted:

How is black bolt and Medusa’s marriage? absorbing man and titania seem like a healthy couple too

Wasn't Medusa going out with Johnny Storm for a long time?

From what I gathered, the Stranges are in a good place nowadays. But that is a bit of an unconventional relationship.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think Rogue and Gambit's relationship is a bit unique in that they got all their overwrought drama out of the way earlier on.

Not to say that some dunderheaded writer couldn't introduce more, but once one half of a couple abandons the other to die in Antarctica for aiding and abetting a mass murder, you'd have to do some real mental gymnastics to pull back from the amount of forgiveness/amount of redemption involved there.

It's not like their relationship has a built-in self destruct mechanism like Batman/Catwoman where at the end of the day Batman's always going to put his mission first and Catwoman is always going to have a limited amount of patience for someone who's morally rigid

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

srypher posted:

absorbing man and titania seem like a healthy couple too

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 9, 2023

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

rantmo posted:

I would put Billy and Teddy above them but I love both couples.

Counterpoint. Gambit and Rogue are in books some times. Being gay space kings is cute, but it doesn't really lend itself to being in stories.

Luke Cage watching his kids at work while Jessica restarts her career in the new Gang War tie in mini is great.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Luke and Jessica absolutely deserve to be on that list, they're great together.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I think what helps Rogue & Gambit to survive is that they're minor characters. Or, I guess the better term would be they're just parts of the huge ensemble that is the X-Men brand. That means that unless they're like, starring in a mini, the story is not necessarily focused on them, even if they're both on a team together at the same time. This keeps the kind of writers that go "Well you can't tell an interesting Spider-Man story if he's married..." or "Batman can't keep being Batman if getting hitched actually causes him to be happy" from focusing on them and going "hmmm, let's spice things up and break them up". Safety via obscurity.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yup. Medusa broke it off when her sister Crystal - who Johnny also dated - found out.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

srypher posted:

iirc black bolt demanded he be allowed to have 6 other space wives and Medusa was like this loving sucks and dumped him, and then black bolt released the terrigen bomb and hosed off while Medusa led the inhumans after secret wars

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Whatever happened to the rest of Black Bolt's space harem? I don't remember seeing them in anything after Secret Wars, and I don't really remember if they showed in in Hickman's New Avengers either.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I dunno if the six wives thing was really all that big a dealbreaker for Medusa. That might have just been the Attilan royal custom.

I might be wrong though, 'cuz Black Bolt definitely seemed put off when Medusa got with Johnny, so it's not as if they're generally poly. Although, BB was being a big douche at the time, what with the Incursions and the Terrigen bomb, so I'm pretty sure they were separated at that point anyway. Tbh, her being with Johnny probably felt like a bigger insult to Crystal, considering she used to be with Johnny. :sweatdrop:

And then Medusa suddenly dumped Johnny and got back with Black Bolt at the literal climax of IvX, for reasons too dumb for me to try to put into words again.

But then Black Bolt got sent a weird prison thanks to Maximus' schemes, and then Medusa got together with Gorgon. Though I don't think that lasted too long either.

BB and Medusa are...probably back together now? Probably? We won't know, probably, until these weird fucks ever show up again. Their relation for the last decade or so of their publication history has definitely felt like it was being held together by strings and prayers, although the strings might be made of Medusa's hair so it can honestly withstand a lot. :xd:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Calling a king with a harem of wives "poly" is very funny.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Gripweed posted:

Calling a king with a harem of wives "poly" is very funny.
The Inhumans are sufficiently culturally distinct that they COULD have such a tradition if an author wanted to say it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Black Bolt just had a political marriage to five new heads of states. No big deal.

Medusa just too jealous of the space horse lady.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I dunno if the six wives thing was really all that big a dealbreaker for Medusa. That might have just been the Attilan royal custom.

I might be wrong though, 'cuz Black Bolt definitely seemed put off when Medusa got with Johnny, so it's not as if they're generally poly. Although, BB was being a big douche at the time, what with the Incursions and the Terrigen bomb, so I'm pretty sure they were separated at that point anyway. Tbh, her being with Johnny probably felt like a bigger insult to Crystal, considering she used to be with Johnny. :sweatdrop:

And then Medusa suddenly dumped Johnny and got back with Black Bolt at the literal climax of IvX, for reasons too dumb for me to try to put into words again.

But then Black Bolt got sent a weird prison thanks to Maximus' schemes, and then Medusa got together with Gorgon. Though I don't think that lasted too long either.

BB and Medusa are...probably back together now? Probably? We won't know, probably, until these weird fucks ever show up again. Their relation for the last decade or so of their publication history has definitely felt like it was being held together by strings and prayers, although the strings might be made of Medusa's hair so it can honestly withstand a lot. :xd:

I thought everyone inhuman was dead, except for like 3 of them.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

cant cook creole bream posted:

From what I gathered, the Stranges are in a good place nowadays. But that is a bit of an unconventional relationship.

If Benjamin Franklin showed up in the modern day, Clea would dump Strange in a heartbeat

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I've heard some about the Deadpool, death, Thanos love triangle. Is there a good place to read about that or is it one of those things that's better to mention in passing?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

StumblyWumbly posted:

I've heard some about the Deadpool, death, Thanos love triangle. Is there a good place to read about that or is it one of those things that's better to mention in passing?

There's not enough to it to bother. Thanos is a little mad in an issue or two, that's it.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

StumblyWumbly posted:

I remember this in the run around 2009-ish. Maybe the one before that

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

frodnonnag posted:

I thought everyone inhuman was dead, except for like 3 of them.
They killed off a whole lot of the NPCs a while back in that Death of the Inhumans mini, but most of the royal family are still alive as far as we know. I believe the only "classic" Inhuman that died was Triton, who's only "classic" if we stretch the definition to its breaking point. :v:

Black Bolt himself appeared in the recent Ultimates series by Hickman, which very conspicuously mentioned nothing whatsoever about what he or his people have been up to these past few years.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

They killed off a whole lot of the NPCs a while back in that Death of the Inhumans mini, but most of the royal family are still alive as far as we know. I believe the only "classic" Inhuman that died was Triton, who's only "classic" if we stretch the definition to its breaking point. :v:

Black Bolt himself appeared in the recent Ultimates series by Hickman, which very conspicuously mentioned nothing whatsoever about what he or his people have been up to these past few years.

All i kept thinking during that mini was that vox looked like lord zedd.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

StumblyWumbly posted:

It started during the Joe Kelly run with the Deadpool/Death Annual way back in 1998. Kelly brings it back in the last issue of his run (#33) before the book goes in a different direction. I think the next time it's touched on is "Funeral for a Freak" story where it's revealed Deadpool can't die because Thanos has cursed him with immortality because he's jealous that Death prefers Deadpool. Then there's the "Dead" arc in Daniel Way's Deadpool and finally the Deadpool vs Thanos mini. I'm not sure it's been mentioned much since then.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

You wouldn't have liked me. White suits, thin mustache, vodka martini, arms dealer. I used to be a real piece of poo poo

I'm late, but even the baby knows you were a real piece of poo poo. Sloppy steaks I mean cmon

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zdarsky made a rather amusing parody of a Youtube unboxing/influencer thingy video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIskM6S7vP4

The amount of deadpan :allears:

But it also serves as a creative promo for his Spider-Man Omnibus, which looks pretty good.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was trying to downsize my old comic collection and now I just ordered 7 out of the 9 issues of ROM that I was missing. My teenage self is giddy about nearly completing the set after all this time

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Love the long-term commitment to slagging on Ryan Stegman, lol

poop chute
Nov 16, 2023

by Athanatos

Snowy posted:

I was trying to downsize my old comic collection and now I just ordered 7 out of the 9 issues of ROM that I was missing. My teenage self is giddy about nearly completing the set after all this time

Nice! I completed most of mine a while back, I think I'm missing the one issue of Hulk that it crossed over with and that's it. Even have the Power Man and Iron Fist two parter. Looking forward to the omnibus of that and Micronauts just so I don't have to read my actual floppies; that short box is a treasured possession.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

So far I like Gang War. Everyone gets their own little district to clean up so their stories can continue at a decent pace without waiting for one of the other ones to finish. Dunno if that'll keep up but it's been fun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it reminds me of the best storyline from the best spiderman cartoon. it's fun.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
I definitely did not start crying towards the end of Moon Knight #30, not at all

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

srypher posted:

I definitely did not start crying towards the end of Moon Knight #30, not at all

oh good, me either

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

srypher posted:

:hmmyes:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Moon Knight has long been one of my favorite characters and in my opinion this is the best Moon Knight run there's been. Can't wait to read what's next.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

gently caress, that last page of Moon Knight gave me chills, what a loving book. I'm really glad Vulpes isn't done with this corner of the world yet.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it reminds me of the best storyline from the best spiderman cartoon. it's fun.

Finally. An arc centered around Morbius and Debra Whitman.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Unsurprisingly chuds got mad about women in the last Moon Knight issue. I didn’t explore exactly why, because their opinions don’t matter.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Vampire boss lady in a sweet white suit upsets people?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Azubah posted:

Yes. That means it’s awesome. If chuds are mad, it’s a good thing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Azubah posted:

Some people just have bad taste unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

Unsurprisingly chuds got mad about women in the last Moon Knight issue. I didn’t explore exactly why, because their opinions don’t matter.

Then don't bring them up. I'd rather not here what they're up in arms about on a daily basis. Ignore them.