Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Today, my Yahoo league roster is sponsored by the letter "Q" and the number *counts* 7.

That's probably a one-and-done team. Oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Full stop, is Mattison droppable for D’Onta Foreman at this point? I have Ty Chandler as well.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

New shadow report is up!

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/23/NFL23_CS_WRCBWeek15mirror.pdf?adddata=2023CS_WRCBWeek15mirror

Puka boutta have the game of his life :stare:

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

Full stop, is Mattison droppable for D’Onta Foreman at this point? I have Ty Chandler as well.

In the playoffs, you can drop anyone who doesn't directly help you or your opponent. The last week is always the one your in.

E: So, yes I'd drop him if I need to start Foreman right away or block him from my opponent.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Is this saying ODB > Olave > Lockett? Green good?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So I could grab White off of waives to start for Jacobs if he sits or I can start JSN/Herbert/Cooks/Watson as a flex..........

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ayudo posted:

In the playoffs, you can drop anyone who doesn't directly help you or your opponent. The last week is always the one your in.

This is excellent advice. It’s actually our last week of the regular season but it’s must-win for me, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Mattison has been underwhelming anyway, and even when he comes back from an ankle injury and faces the Lions, I doubt I would play him over Pollard, Conner, or Javonte.

I just don’t see him having the spark to put up a 20-burger. At least D’Onta had that massive game earlier this year to show he can do it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Is this saying ODB > Olave > Lockett? Green good?

It’s saying Olave is going to get more targets but have less points per route than ODB (I’m assuming that’s Odell Beckham Jr), which checks out given how Lamar spreads the ball around, and Olave is the only person not named Kamara or Taysom who gets targeted usually for NO. Then yeah Lockett.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Inshallah. I'm like a 20 point dog so if he (and Achane) want to revert to week 4 form for a minute that'd be swell.

Also Tyreek should definitely take some time to rest his poor, busted ankle, imo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Actually do I want Abdullah over White?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It’s saying Olave is going to get more targets but have less points per route than ODB (I’m assuming that’s Odell Beckham Jr), which checks out given how Lamar spreads the ball around, and Olave is the only person not named Kamara or Taysom who gets targeted usually for NO. Then yeah Lockett.

Olave getting 14 targets for 6/50/0 checks out 🙃

Thanks!

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

I wish this existed for other positions

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I get DSYS but it's taking all my willpower not to bench Stefon Diggs this weekend.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

You can get a lot of situational and matchup info out of https://www.the33rdteam.com/the-edge/

Like go to defense and you can see which teams are good or awful versus the run, or tight ends, or slot receivers or whatever. Then slip over to receiving and see who runs out of the slot the most for a given team. Or who gets the most red zone targets/carries. It’s pretty nice.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I wish it at least included TEs

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Points Against is good enough for the other positions, notably because there is usually only one RB/QB/TE on the field for each play/route/touch.

edit: i.e. the shadow report is just basically an Itemized Points Against vs WR

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Actually do I want Abdullah over White?

I think i'd take Abdullah if it's any PPR.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Goddammitt someone beat me to ODB on the wire and I had a sinking feeling his shadow report was going to look exemplary.

Looks like I'm back to Diontae Johnson (if he plays), Tee Higgins (:barf:), Jakobi Meyers (:barf:), Watson (:barf: :barf:) and Josh Downs (:barf: x infinity)

Please please CMC, Rachaad, and Henry, keep covering for my dogshit WRs.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Should I drop Gus for ODB?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Chernabog posted:

Should I drop Gus for ODB?

Yes

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
My league taco who is a Titans fan and drafts Derrick Henry with her first pick no matter what that pick is always manages to sneak into the playoffs with the lowest PF and even won the league one year. I drew her in the first round this year which is objectively great news for me, which means impending heartbreak.

I bring this up to tell you that she has Tee Higgins. This is absolutely the week he's going to show out. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 14, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gobias Ind. posted:

My league taco who is a Titans fan and drafts Derrick Henry with her first pick no matter what that pick is always manages to sneak into the playoffs with the lowest PF and even won the league won year. I drew her in the first round this year which is objectively great news for me, which means impending heartbreak.

I bring this up to tell you that she has Tee Higgins. This is absolutely the week he's going to show out. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

Henry gonna trample over that depleted Texans D, my goondolences :killdozer:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I had such high hopes for that Texans D/ST playoff schedule and then everything changed in the span of like 32 hours.

Stroud gets hurt, Texans look like poo poo against the Jets, Browns and Titans suddenly looked competent going up against good defenses. Just a complete 180.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Whoreson Welles posted:

I had such high hopes for that Texans D/ST playoff schedule and then everything changed in the span of like 32 hours.

Stroud gets hurt, Texans look like poo poo against the Jets, Browns and Titans suddenly looked competent going up against good defenses. Just a complete 180.

Yeah I've been streaming defenses in one of my leagues all season and so I picked up the Texans last week for the Jets. Ugh. Still won the week because Lamar and Rashee Rice went off. But ugh, the Texans have dropped off the cliff big time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

VietCampo posted:

I think i'd take Abdullah if it's any PPR.

I'm probably going to sit both and play either Watson or Cooks on the weekend.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Fellow bye-havers, which DST do you like for weeks 16 and 17? I'm kind of leaning Denver now, they get NE and Chargers for the finals.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Freezer posted:

Fellow bye-havers, which DST do you like for weeks 16 and 17? I'm kind of leaning Denver now, they get NE and Chargers for the finals.

Absolutely Denver

E: looks like Olave is down and out for this week too, keep Keenan Allen company on the bench my friend :smith:

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 14, 2023

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Freezer posted:

I have both the Broncos and the Bills stashed. Going to see how NE and LAC do this week before I decide who to start which week.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

Absolutely Denver

E: looks like Olave is down and out for this week too, keep Keenan Allen company on the bench my friend :smith:

Kamara & Taysom status: 📈📈📈

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Whoever recommended the free emails from Joe Bryant and Footballguys, thank you, they've been great!

I do have a question about the most recent one:

quote:

Miami Dolphins RB Raheem Mostert (knee) did not participate in practice Wednesday, Dec. 13. The Dolphins did not hold a practice Wednesday, so this is an estimation.

Our view: It's an interesting note, but this is a practice estimation.

Am I reading this right? Miami didn't practice, but if they had, they [Football guys] assume he wouldn't have? What kind of "news" is that?

I guess this is more rhetorical than anything, just a very bizarre thing to read in emails that otherwise have made perfect sense.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It's the Miami Dolphins estimation, not the Footballguys. Usually how that works.

FWIW Mostert has been regularly receiving veteran rest days this year to keep him healthy.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 14, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

VietCampo posted:

It's the Miami Dolphins estimation, not the Footballguys. Usually how that works.

FWIW Mostert has been regularly receiving veteran rest days this year to keep him healthy.

Ah okay, that makes more sense than "guy was not a participant at practice on [day]. Practice was not held on [same day]."

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah the NFL requires teams to report the health and practice participation on certain days even if the team doesn't actually hold a practice. Or holds a "walkthrough" which is just like working through some plays at jogging/walking pace to make sure everyone understands their job. Not a normal full speed practice. Miami was on Monday Night Football, and teams on MNF usually push practices back one day to give their guys a break. So you get these weird reports where the team "estimates" that Mostert would not have practiced if they had held a real practice. Because the league forces them to do so.

I guess it keeps all teams on an even field regarding information disclosure.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp I was gonna ask how you read that shadow report to see if I need to put in London or McLauren but with Olave dead the answer is both!

I’m gonna get slaughtered in both leagues this week lol

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Poque posted:

Goff had a fumble added last night in ESPN stat corrections and it booted our six seed from the playoffs, holy poo poo.

Oh man, just noticed this knocked a guy out of the playoffs in my league as well, and now I'm in fact NOT playing the league taco with Derrick Henry. So she'll put up 75 points this week.

However, the guy I'm playing was originally out of the playoffs and currently has Keenan Allen in his lineup for tonight because he likely checked out. I could message him....but I don't want to.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Oh man, just noticed this knocked a guy out of the playoffs in my league as well, and now I'm in fact NOT playing the league taco with Derrick Henry. So she'll put up 75 points this week.

However, the guy I'm playing was originally out of the playoffs and currently has Keenan Allen in his lineup for tonight because he likely checked out. I could message him....but I don't want to.

Hopefully Tee Higgins still goes off! And Henry!

:pray:

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I picked up OBJ off of waivers just in case Olave can't go. When do they list the inactives before the early games? Is it 90 minutes?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Officially Zamir White SZN, but should anybody in the playoffs care?

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/1735412358359679437?t=2iRb0IRWpYaEICDDVuo9vQ&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Welp I was gonna ask how you read that shadow report to see if I need to put in London or McLauren but with Olave dead the answer is both!

I’m gonna get slaughtered in both leagues this week lol

Is Olave confirmed out? He’s still questionable, didn’t see anything else. I benched him just in case. Now I just need Reed to be confirmed good because if he’s out I’m running real thin at WR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Ayudo posted:

Officially Zamir White SZN, but should anybody in the playoffs care?

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/1735412358359679437?t=2iRb0IRWpYaEICDDVuo9vQ&s=19

I am starting Zamir in a 0 PPR league where my backs are:

Jaylen Warren
Gus Bus
Mattison
CEH
Zamir

It's a dire situation obv.