Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
as i have been saying from the beginning since i already knew ten hag from the eredivisie: he really is a dull simpleton who is in no way elite manager material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

appendix: based on his public defense of overmars and keeping antony in the squad i think he's a wrongun

appendix 2: bald

yep

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

was there ever any suggestion antony was more than a flat track bully, because he turned out exactly how i thought he would

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

he starts for brazil ahead of richard arlison, the most damning of faint praise from south america's sixth best team

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

nawilo_420 posted:

as i have been saying from the beginning since i already knew ten hag from the eredivisie: he really is a dull simpleton who is in no way elite manager material.

He’s really a what?? Dsyp

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ulio posted:

Honestly I still don't get Ten Hag out. He has won the carbao cup, made the fa cup final, finished 3rd last season. He is currently higher in the league than Eddie Howe but Eddie Howe is considered a genius. Newcastle also finished bottom of their group, of course it was a harder group but I feel like Onana really by himself ruined their UCL run. How can we blame Ten Hag for buying the UCL goal keeper of the year and then the guy turns out to completely choke out of his mind?

The media are just very anti Ten Hag. Whether it's his foreign accent or the media calling him robotic. It's just stupidity. Pochettino and Eddie Howe are both doing worse but they have 0 pressure on them. Poch spend 300m?and Howe has the richest club in the world.

Not saying Poch or Howe(they both have had good results vs top teams) deserve the sack but its weird the media just ignores them.

I hope he stays there forever.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Manchester United have now had eight different managers be trash after Ferguson left so the problem is obviously isn’t the manager, and I have really no way to tell if Ten Hag is contributing to the problem. They desperately need competent upper management like a DoF, and I don’t even see the point of getting a new manager until that happens.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
There's no-one I have more faith in than Ten Haag for the United role right now. Unless Lampard is free, perhaps. Give him a ten year deal and let him spend the next five years transfer funds in the January window.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

but yes I did a little lol at all the Brave Plucky Toon Underdogs articles despite them also finishing last and getting beaten at home by a team whose best midfielder Newcastle bought for 70m

that dismal shower at Old Trafford could learn a thing or two from them

yeah Newcastle's and man united's cl groups were basically the same. ten hag in

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Like with Moyes, ten hag will have a job until it is mathematically impossible for man united to qualify for europe and not before

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Arteta had problems turning the squad over a year or so into the job with people calling him clueless and out of his depth etc.

Arsenal stuck with him as he’d convinced them of his long term plan and here we are.

I’m not at all convinced by Ten Hag but last season’s results should be buying him at least another season to sort things out longer term.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Arteta had problems turning the squad over a year or so into the job with people calling him clueless and out of his depth etc.

Arsenal stuck with him as he’d convinced them of his long term plan and here we are.

I’m not at all convinced by Ten Hag but last season’s results should be buying him at least another season to sort things out longer term.

this is just the mentality of a person who would sell the club for five billion and not six billion

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

The other lucky piece is he had Edu on his side, who both understood the club (both played at Wenger at different times) and were aligned on needing to clear out the dead wood.

(Remember everyone laughing at Arsenal not putting Ozil in the Premier League squad and paying so many people to gently caress off? Looks like that’s gone pretty well, eh?)

So if the Kroenkes were ever asking why they should keep Arteta around, they not only had Arteta making his own case but Edu probably backing him as well.

If it’s true that nothing’s going to happen until Radcliffe gets involved, it could help Ten Hag out to give him a Director of Football…or they may want their own guy to start the turnover and to give that person the time and support.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It definitely seems like the way that modern football is evolving is such that the people above the manager are becoming much more important. It doesn’t seem to be a coincidence that noted good managers Arsene Wenger and Unai Emery struggled under grifters like Gazidis, Mislentat, and Sanllehi.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Ulio posted:

Honestly I still don't get Ten Hag out. He has won the carbao cup, made the fa cup final, finished 3rd last season. He is currently higher in the league than Eddie Howe but Eddie Howe is considered a genius. Newcastle also finished bottom of their group, of course it was a harder group but I feel like Onana really by himself ruined their UCL run. How can we blame Ten Hag for buying the UCL goal keeper of the year and then the guy turns out to completely choke out of his mind?

The media are just very anti Ten Hag. Whether it's his foreign accent or the media calling him robotic. It's just stupidity. Pochettino and Eddie Howe are both doing worse but they have 0 pressure on them. Poch spend 300m?and Howe has the richest club in the world.

Not saying Poch or Howe(they both have had good results vs top teams) deserve the sack but its weird the media just ignores them.

Man United seem to win quite a lot but then lose horrendously and its back to crisis time. Losing to Bayern 1-0 isn't that bad all things considered to be honest.

The Chelsea comparison is amusing because Poch is getting away with it because the decision is made that they suck because the owners are stupid.
Manchester United however are doing better, have spent less money (maybe) - but unless they are in a title chase it's a crisis. If they were bottom half of the table I would get it, but they're not. Obviously most players they sign are bad, but that's Chelsea as well

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

It definitely seems like the way that modern football is evolving is such that the people above the manager are becoming much more important. It doesn’t seem to be a coincidence that noted good managers Arsene Wenger and Unai Emery struggled under grifters like Gazidis, Mislentat, and Sanllehi.

Mislintat wasn't a grifter, he was a victim of Sanllehi just like Emery

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

David Gill leaving United the same time Fergie left was significantly more detrimental to the club in the long term.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I defended Ten Hag but he will get sacked if he gets humiliated again at Anfield.

But hey it's only Onana in goal, if De Gea conceded 7, Onana can maybe bring the number to double digit.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ulio posted:

I defended Ten Hag but he will get sacked if he gets humiliated again at Anfield.

But hey it's only Onana in goal, if De Gea conceded 7, Onana can maybe bring the number to double digit.

Inshallah

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Like with Moyes, ten hag will have a job until it is mathematically impossible for man united to qualify for europe and not before

I think the only way he goes in the immediate future is if he loses the dressing room (the actual one, not just whoever had to bring the cones in that week)

unsourced clickbait press reports now linking graham "the pott" potter with the job, which I'm sure would go brilliantly

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hi Graham instead of sitting on the beach counting your money and waiting to get the England job would you like a drink from this perfectly normal chalice

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He got a taste for it from Chelsea, one sip from the Utd one and it's reasonable to declare him an addict

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
just look at pochettino going from normal club psg to also normal club chelsea

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

Mislintat wasn't a grifter, he was a victim of Sanllehi just like Emery

Yeah, Mislintat has his recruiting strengths but absolutely lost a political battle at Arsenal. Gazidis was a suit who kept the commercial deals going, Wenger was essentially his own DoF (for better and worse) which is why they tried to setup a structure for when he left. And then Sanllehi elbowed his way into more control before flying too close to the sun (€72 million Nicolas Pepe).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Emery: I would like a left winger with Premier League experience
Sanllehi: Best I can do is the exact opposite of that

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
ppl want ten hag out because their current position is legitimately an overperformance for how they've been playing, they're bad. i want him to stay though and be given more time and more billions to spend on guys he knew from ajax.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

tbp posted:

ppl want ten hag out because their current position is legitimately an overperformance for how they've been playing, they're bad. i want him to stay though and be given more time and more billions to spend on guys he knew from ajax.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Well I’m sure after today all that talk will be put to bed

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

Emery: I would like a left winger with Premier League experience
Sanllehi: Best I can do is the exact opposite of that

With a side of shady financials. Allegedly.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hope Tom Locker is doing alright

Scary moment

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

He's collapsed twice since he had heart surgery and was told everything was fine, hasn't he? You have to be seriously thinking about stopping.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Must be one of those things where you feel fine so you think you're clear but then suddenly it hits you out of nowhere.

Human Allusion
Jan 27, 2008
You ever flown a flying saucer? Afterwards, sex seems trite.

Thanks Ants posted:

He's collapsed twice since he had heart surgery and was told everything was fine, hasn't he? You have to be seriously thinking about stopping.

Just to clarify as a Luton supporter, the incident during the play-off final was the only previous time he’s collapsed.

He was diagnosed with an atrial flutter (basically fancy language for an irregular heartbeat), supposedly a relatively minor issue and an easy fix. He had an operation and was given the all-clear to continue playing by his doctors. Since then he’s been fine and back to his best.

Today he’s suffered cardiac arrest, so far more serious and life-threatening. Thankfully it sounds like the quick response of both medical teams (and Philip Billing who was straight over to him) has saved his life. He was responsive coming off the pitch and is now stable in hospital with his family.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thanks Ants posted:

I’d probably be happy to follow my doctors advice when they tell me I’m safe to make a boatload of money playing soccer tbh.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If you're a footballer and your doctor says you're fine to play then you play, I'm not putting this on him at all. But I'd expect that this changes now, which is a shame, but it could have been a lot worse.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
https://twitter.com/CiaranKelly__/status/1736070820416442399

Enjoyed this.

Also very pleased for Lewis Miley, it's always exciting when a young lad comes in and smashes it, and he seems a lovely lad too.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://twitter.com/M10/status/1736108908882591835?t=FdjBt8DAj7EYggaIlOHXrg&s=19

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
great post mesut. how's your man recep doing these days

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ozil is just an open neo-fascist these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU