Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there a goon discord for this game? I'm having... mixed results with the pubstove.

Its slowly growing but having it in the OP would help a ton!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I haven't figured out yet what the Death Match modifier does yet.. What's up with that?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

P sure it gives you cash for kills

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

P sure it gives you cash for kills

And you lose cash on death.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
does it only happen in tournament? i would guess

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I believe they can happen in quick cash and bank it but it's based on how much time is left in a match and those modes generally end before it can happen

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I have seen it happen in casual but it did not look like anyone was actually getting cash for kills

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

updated OP with discord info, please play nice with each other

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
sorry i only play light invis sniper

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Stop making fun of me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if i join the discord and play games with other people you have to be ok with the fact that i am really bad at shooting and video games and will drag the team down greatly

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

sorry i only play light invis sniper

This reminds me of something I noticed last night:

If nothing else a bad sniper is at least preventing a team wipe.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Quick Cash is objectively the worse game mode for easy fun, but Bank It is impossible with pubs. Light shotty please for the love of god just cash in the $21k you're carrying, we're... five feet from a ATM.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i do not understand how to use the hammer, it just seems to lose the dps fight with almost everything

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I just saw someone carrying a flaming barrel with a land mine, a gas mine, and a turret attached to it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

i do not understand how to use the hammer, it just seems to lose the dps fight with almost everything

I've had luck busting through walls near points where people are hiding to catch them offguard with it, also it's nice for taking out supports and floors from underneath and then smashing everyone who falls through to bits. It's definitely hard as hell to use effectively though and a lot of the time I do end up getting shot to poo poo by someone dancing around just outside of my range. That feeling when someone is peppering you at range and all you can do is dance around because there's nowhere to hide and all your other options are on cooldown kinda sucks!

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
I think the shield is a requirement if you want to go sledgehammer.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

explosivo posted:

I've had luck busting through walls near points where people are hiding to catch them offguard with it

yeah but also i can do that with the charge and auto shotgun and kill even faster at more range

I guess it just doesn't fit my playstyle

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Why is every modern game so bad at friends lists? It doesn't sync with steam? I add a friend and they show up as a friend and as online, but there's no Add to Party button on the Social screen?

edit: ok I restarted and I see steam friends so I guess they aren't totally inept

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Counterintuitively, you don't necessarily want hammer heavies to be the first to engage. You want the enemy slight distracted with half-full magazines, then the hammer heavy goes in and seals the deal. Not having to faff about with reloading and stressing out the enemy players by being in their face is a lethal advantage.

I've noticed after an initial spurt of usage i hardly see any flamethrowers any more. probably because every flamethrower player has experienced the impotence of being barely able to outdamage a heal beam or just losing a straight DPS fight even with a couple seconds of advantage.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
New patch is out:

https://www.reachthefinals.com/patch-notes-4

Biggest thing I see is that they fixed some crashes - I was having an issue with the "Angelscript" crash until I changed some video settings (changed FSR2 to TAAU and turned Raytracing to Static*) and seems to have resolved it for me.

* I'm not actually sure this does anything since I have an AMD card - the Raytracing setting in THE FINALS is labeled as "Nvidia RTX Raytracing" or something like that so I'm not sure if it only activates if you have an Nvidia card or not.

I don't really care about Raytracing, but being able to go back to FSR2 would be nice since I did notice a dip in picture quality when I switched to TAAU.

As for the actual gameplay, I'm still having tons of fun playing with two other friends. Solo queue is pretty terrible tbh. Zipping around with the light class shoving the shotgun into people's faces and backs and then ziplining away is too much fun.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Use shield to close the distance and try to gain the element of surprise. Also get a medium with beam

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

solo queue is fine, you just have to let go of all expectations of little things like "teamwork" "competence" and "winning"

embrace the chaos

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I got filled into an empty team mid-game and accepted my mission to make the other two teams as miserable as possible :hai:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I got filled into an empty team mid-game and accepted my mission to make the other two teams as miserable as possible :hai:

Honestly the right thing to do.

solo queue is fine, you just have to let go of all expectations of little things like "teamwork" "competence" and "winning"

embrace the chaos

Use Solo Queue to become Hammerbrained.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

embrace the chaos

Yeah I just try to play as super support, whether with the heal beam + defib or the mesh shield + utterly demolishing defensive positions with liberal use of explosives. It is shocking how often pubbies will run out from behind my mesh shield and die though.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The RAA really makes the light double barrel a bit too strong imo

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

you can force teamwork in any teamwork-oriented game by just playing near your teammates and paying attention to what theyre doing

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Kwolok posted:

it's going to be any close range situation
https://www.reddit.com/r/thefinals/comments/18j5r9w/rotational_aim_assist_needs_to_be_addressed_0ms/

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

comedyblissoption posted:

you can force teamwork in any teamwork-oriented game by just playing near your teammates and paying attention to what theyre doing

Also, never stop pinging poo poo even if the others on your team aren't doing it

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i just found out today if you double tap the ping button it leaves a red warning ping even if there's no enemy there which is very useful when you're trying to point enemy locations when you don't have line of sight

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Kwolok posted:

Yep, people are really learning to abuse the snap-to aim assist on guns like the revolver and shotgun too. Just a quick peek and ADS + fire anywhere near the target is guaranteed damage

Yeah this poo poo is insane. Game is going the way of Apex.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Also, never stop pinging poo poo even if the others on your team aren't doing it

I accidentally emoted while trying to ping an enemy who had their back turned to me. They didn't turn around and I killed them after like 5 solid seconds of emoting and got an achievement for it. :confuoot:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My favorite thing right now is to simply destroy the entire under side of the building the vault is on as I wait for it to open. It’s a waste of time it feels to fight over it so make the most of the semi down time and cause environmental chaos

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

installed this today and had two games so far, neither of which filled me with teamates until midway, so, mixed first impression. the gameplay seems fun, i like vibe of a totally virtual death game with slot machine noises happening constantly, and the small matches allow for chaotic situations with recognizable usernames, which is fun for little in-match rivalries.

my main compliment so far is for the UI, everything is exactly where i expect it to be and adjust things in proper scale, its clean, minimal use of language in favor of universal icons, just a great experience to navigate. sounds kind of weird to comment on in a FTP FPS but its tight in a way that appeals to me deeply.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
yeah matchmaking was having trouble last night. hopefully it's cleared up by now. last friday was having trouble too

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

oh my. i unlocked the grenade launcher, and like a decade of tf2 demoman muscle memory came flooding back, and now i am just wrecking house. it helps that most people don't seem to understand the concept of banking coins so winning 6-9000 at a time is pretty doable with minimal team coordination.

e: bank it is way more fun than quick cash, imo

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

My only issue is that some dailies require me to specifically steal a cashout. Can't do that in Bank It sadly.

If it weren't for missions like that, I'd absolutely mainline Bank It more.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
F a daily, play the mode you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm not sure why destructive environments fall out of fashion. I can't think of a single game with it as a serious mechanic that was explicitly bad because of it off the top of my head.