Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite of the pro punk people right now are them claiming the video they all post of the young bucks doing the victory lap (obviously because of punk being fired) got copyright claimed by them personally and it’s because they know that punk was right the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

haunted bong posted:

his name is ace steel, tyvm

:drat:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Based_Wrestling/status/1735100962094653645

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

too bad phil cant live rent free like hangman does in these morons heads

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joey McChrist posted:

too bad phil cant live rent free like hangman does in these morons heads

As a landlord, Phil is very opposed to living rent free.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/doxxxystocksy/status/1735390205140484212?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Harassing women? Jeez, Leslie.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Why is "They gotta cut costs by cancelling the shows they're already getting paid for, or else they're gonna go under for sure..." the perpetual "Business Knower" argument

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am extremely sure that tony khan is just frothing at the mouth with the possibility of signing Riddick Moss

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"AEW is so irrelevant" I say as I continue to spend all of my free time thinking about it and fantasizing about it going under.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Shelton Benjamin in AEW would whip rear end

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Shelton Benjamin in AEW would whip rear end

Yeah that would be a good hire what the hell

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

name 3 shelton matches that you remember

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

did he wrestle Okada once

e: apparently he had a decent match with Marufuji. Okay, send him to NOAH

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

yea ok posted:

HBK, Jericho, um...

e. HHH!

tbf I remember Jericho match because it was an improvised Taboo Tuesday match and Jericho had to ask the ref what Shelton's finisher was.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 15, 2023

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
TK shouldn't hire any of those people, unless they're going to take all of Jericho's tv time then he should

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He doubly shouldn't hire any of those people because he has to cancel two shows or this whole thing is going to fold

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

guys, he's only grossing 175 million in profit this year, he's practically a pauper.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 15, 2023

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kennel posted:

tbf I remember Jericho match because it was an improvised Taboo Tuesday match and Jericho had to ask the ref what Shelton's finisher was.

Beeboo crawshanks!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The folding ROH argument makes absolutely no sense but I guess this is the bad opinion thread so....

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Cancelling Rampage and Collision also makes no sense because WBD is literally paying them to make those shows so the only outcome would be AEW gets less money

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
the only way aew survives the next 90 days is if tony cancels everything and arrives at my door crying and begging my personal forgiveness for anything I didn't like, before giving me a booking job. It's the only way he'll be able to win back the trust and support of the IWC

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

super macho dude posted:

The folding ROH argument makes absolutely no sense but I guess this is the bad opinion thread so....

I guess I could see the argument that ROH takes TK's attention away from AEW, but I have no idea how much he's involved with it at this point. It'll pay off once they get WBD to put it on Max.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

That horrible three way with Burke and Punk where I wasn't sure if it was the worst match of the year or if they were trying a new form of wrestling (that sucked)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

That horrible three way with Burke and Punk where I wasn't sure if it was the worst match of the year or if they were trying a new form of wrestling (that sucked)

they were trying a new form of wrestling, called Burke Punches Punk For Real And Punk Hates It

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1735660197379473579?t=OC2oAI3DEUtCopCr8MaZQQ&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

yea ok posted:

Are we allowed to include Tag matches? Because there was a match with Haas vs Kings of Wrestling in ROH that was real good

Is funny that Shelton must have been the only Suzukigun guy not to win some sort of belt in the NOAH invasion angle. But he did have a really cool match with Marufuji in the Global League Final during that run.

I know I must have seen him in New Japan, and in some sort of Royal Rumble and Money In The Bank clusterfuck but I can't pinpoint anything. Like I could guess him and Haas wrestled Steenerico at some point or probably the Bucks but I don't remember it.

So yeah, you're right, I'm stuck at 2. Quite impressive for such a long career

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He had a NEVER title match against Masato Tanaka at WK7, but that is literally the only match I remember from his time in New Japan

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Absolutely not clicking on that

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Absolutely not clicking on that

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
He says that CM punk's acquisition is the most financially successful move in wrestling history. I don't know how you could possibly say that right now without being incredibly speculative, but that's Eric for you.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

You can say it very easily by not giving the faintest poo poo about the accuracy of your statements and instead shooting for controversy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Known business genius Eric Bischoff

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
(I know this isn't really for this thread and not really relevant for Shelton Benjamin in 2024, but I just rewatched these and drat he could cook when they let him to):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMKxYoFzAjg

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x324y9

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Controver$y Create$ Ca$h

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Each and every one of you AEWailures gave Kenny diverticulitus by demanding he eat less fiber.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1735780377732469020

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Also, having diverticulitis and putting on bangers is not mutually exclusive; just look at Lesnar.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TinTower posted:

Also, having diverticulitis and putting on bangers is not mutually exclusive; just look at Lesnar.

Yeah it's not a requirement to have diverticulitis to put on bangers. Some would say it should even be avoided!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
When a wrestler I like gets injured or sick I always make sure to tweet at them that I hope they retire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

bangers for the banger god