Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm going for squeezes on them toe beans every time and I don't care what it costs me

he'll curl round and start licking your hand aggressively if you do that. after like a minute he will maybe gnaw on your hand a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

my cats are hiding from the cleaning lady

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

super sweet best pal posted:

Message from my cat who just jumped across the keyboard: "1414"

:agreed:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Our cats were very brave today and watched the delivery person come by from the top of the stairs instead of hiding under the bed. :3: I’m so proud of them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Message from my cat who just jumped across the keyboard: "1414"

All dogs are dastards

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

had to put my boy down today, he was only 7. weird af kidney issues, even the vets were confused because he wasn't showing anything a few months ago when we got blood work done for him. in just 2 weeks he lost half his bodyweight and was drooling blood. RIP Finn, will never find another cat like you.

:sympathy: real sorry to hear this MSU

Wumbus was very demanding of food even before my alarm went off this morning. Digging in trash cans and howling through the house. She's been alone all day since I'm still at my dumbass job. Here she is watching me eat my breakfast before hers

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Let me cut out another clump of hair and then bit my hand affectionately when I was done.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

kaom posted:

Our cats were very brave today and watched the delivery person come by from the top of the stairs instead of hiding under the bed. :3: I’m so proud of them.

:3:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This his 30 percent of his day.. another 30 he's just sleeping and the rest he's.. sitting.

He's getting old, but good health and weight. He has a big frame though.

My hands are Trump sized but still.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Three Olives posted:

Pushpin has shown way too much interest hanging out on top of the aquarium and we had visions the top glass breaking, glass shards and a scared cat dropping into water seemed possibly horrific so weekend project...

Pushpin has now decided that this is her personal warming station.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Here's the cat I adopted about 8 weeks ago:

Her name is Cleo and she's about 5 years old. I think she's very pretty and she has a very kind demeanor.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Wendigee posted:

This his 30 percent of his day.. another 30 he's just sleeping and the rest he's.. sitting.

He's getting old, but good health and weight. He has a big frame though.

My hands are Trump sized but still.

It's weird having a pet and being aware of how it's ageing. This is the first time I've had one as an adult and to be honest her mortality does increasingly intrude into my thoughts lately.

When I first met my girlfriend her cat (now our cat) Pushka was 12 years old (roughly 65 in human years) but was super spry and leaping up into high cupboards from the dresser (and acting very embarrassed when she gets stuck).

A few years later she started slowing down and not leaping quite so high - she hurt her hip at one point and stopped getting into high cupboards, but we still found her on top of the kitchen counter occasionally and she had favoured roosting spots that required a pretty good vertical leap.

Now she's 18 (88 in human years) and over the last few years she's gotten increasingly creaky. She had some sort of illness a few weeks ago where she was stumbling and swaying and we were afraid she was imminently on the way out... But then she recovered. Vet says she may have had a little stroke

But her blood work is fine (everything in the ideal range except for a minor loss of kidney function which overall is remarkably good for such an old cat), she's found herself some other, slightly lower roosting spots (where she can hop up to progressively taller things) and she still has some spice in her whenever strangers enter the house (she's only friendly with myself and my girlfriend and hates everyone else with the fire of a thousand suns).

Yeah she's spending an increasing amount of her time snoozing, and she's clearly not as spry as she once was, but every morning she comes up to me and yells at me until I pick her up and stuff her in my dressing gown and every afternoon after my girlfriend's back from work Pushka superglues herself to her lap. Happily purring until she starts snoring in both instances. Our house has windows that extend to the floor so she doesn't need to hop up anywhere for her frequent sunbathing sessions, and as far as we can tell she's a very happy little cat who is clearly settling into the last stage in her life but doing it well

So shout out to the cat dads and mums who give these creaky old kitties the chance to have those happy, sleepy final years.

Today seems like it's going to be a heavy sleeping in her cube day rather than prowling the house doing little cat errands. But she's feasted on kangaroo mince, and purred on my lap, and sat and watched the world go by in a sunbeam already this morning, and that's a big enough day for her.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 15, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tunicate posted:

All dogs are dastards

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Got back from a five day hospital stay and Lola spent like 5 minutes cleaning me all over, both legs and both arms while I lay there.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

She just woke up with a funny little chirrup and really wanted a cuddle all of a sudden. I think she was having a nightmare.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My big guy sometimes just randomly wakes himself up and lets out a super cute trill (he has a super baby voice still for some reason, despite being 4 years old) and then goes to sleep. Like drat dude, I didn't do poo poo! Don't whine at me! :3:

He laid down on my wife like this while waiting for dinner time today

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

Got back from a five day hospital stay and Lola spent like 5 minutes cleaning me all over, both legs and both arms while I lay there.

I had to spend a week in the hospital this fall so I took my cat to my brother's place to babysit.

She was good there for the first night, then she hid down in the dirt crawlspace beneath the house and just decided that would be her new life now.

He tried to lure her out, but eventually gave up and just left her water and food down there.

If I never made it home she'd probably still living down there.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

No. 6 posted:

Here's the cat I adopted about 8 weeks ago:

Her name is Cleo and she's about 5 years old. I think she's very pretty and she has a very kind demeanor.

you're right

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Attacked the mattress from underneath the bed at 4 am

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

She tried to jump to the table as I was reaching to pet her. My hand disrupted her flight path and she only managed to get her front paws on the table, so she could pull my back brace and a puck of hand lotion down with her and onto her water dish, which flipped upside down. She is fine, she scurried away and came back later for food.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

The unit right next to my building's main entrance has a very handsome cat. They always have their curtains down for privacy but I see him in front of the curtains every couple of days and I'm in love with him. My cat is pretty cute but this is the handsomest cat I've seen irl.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Call Your Grandma posted:

The unit right next to my building's main entrance has a very handsome cat.

The cat itself is actually quite a unit imo

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I like his little caracal tufts

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Not sure how to post pics but a black, long teen cat has been wandering my block and spending a lot of time in my yard. We're not sure if it's a wandering outdoor cat from a neighbor or if it's another stray. It won't let us get close enough yet to pet it and I'm not so sure that the white spot on it's neck is a name tag.
There's a tuxedo cat that we've kind of informally adopted after she was let loose when her owners died who is also a stray. Won't stay inside for long, we've tried to get her to become an indoor cat for her own safety as we're on a busy road, but she has been on the street too long I guess. We caught her once and took her to the animal hospital and she'd already been spayed. She's getting up there in age and I wish we could get her to stay inside so she could live out her final years in more comfort than the streets, but we're worried how she'll do with our indoor cats.
The tuxedo cat seems to tolerate the long teen black cat which makes me wonder what's up there.
Part of me thinks somehow the neighborhood alley cats all know that we're friendly to strays and will feed them because lately we've had a bunch come around and linger here on their circuits around the block.

Then we have two indoor-only cats and they're the best. I've got today off and the tabby is doing her best to keep me from being productive by laying on my lap, and our indoor tuxedo cat is spronking around at light speed, scaring the dog.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Being precious.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

We just completed our 5th mandatory (per him) half-hour of cuddling for the day

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Being precious.

huggy bug! :3:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sleeping in my wife's crochet bag

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
(not allowed!)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

Sleeping in my wife's crochet bag

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThereIsnoCat/

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

he cursed me to hell :smith:

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

(I don't have a cat)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Helpimscared posted:

(I don't have a cat)

That does sound like hell

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Helpimscared posted:

(I don't have a cat)

That you know of.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Snoozing. Comfortably (?!?????)

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Shiloh loves sleeping in the bread basket on top of the fridge:

Luna thinks anything her mom does is the coolest thing ever and took over:

Now we've separated the baskets so there's room for Shiloh again (though not pictured here):

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Maximum naps with some finger biting

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

This is what our large cat, Paperclip, does basically anywhere all day.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Das Boo posted:

Shiloh loves sleeping in the bread basket on top of the fridge:

Luna thinks anything her mom does is the coolest thing ever and took over:

Now we've separated the baskets so there's room for Shiloh again (though not pictured here):

you're gonna need more baskets and more cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
He tried to lure me into a false sense of security by being all cute and snuggly. Streaky gets super agitated and over-stimulated very easily when he first wakes up from a nap, so all he wants is to curl up around something he can bite and kick.