Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Slyphic posted:

If you take more than 10 minutes to get a roux to dark coffee color you're doing it wrong. Find a copy of the above, it's legit. Or Justin Wilson's Gourmet & Gourmand. I thought for sure he would have had a segment in one of his old PBS episodes, but akin to that first book, he just assumes you know how to make a roux or what are you even doing in a kitchen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK4umRMJlrs&t=161s

oh it's this fuckin guy! i remember him but had no idea who he was. now i know, nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I used to watch that guy along with the Frugal Gourmet (yikes) all the time with my dad when I was a kid.

I guuaarantee!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I used to watch that guy along with the Frugal Gourmet (yikes) all the time with my dad when I was a kid.

I guuaarantee!

the frugal gourmet, yeah i remember that guy too. welp

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Foo Diddley posted:

the frugal gourmet, yeah i remember that guy too. welp

I hope not personally.

We also watched a lot of Martin Yan! :)

Timestamped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHmyAoY-HrA&t=277s

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

I guuaarantee!

Justin Wilson, Jeff Smith, and Julia Child were like the Holy Trinity of PBS chefs when I was a kid.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

it's a steak but u bread it and fry it like it was a chicken

So schnitzel?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No, schnitzel is pork fried like pork this is beef fried like chicken.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I have never heard of pork schnitzel before. Beef/veal or chicken.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Every schnitzel I've ever had in the US or Germany was pork. The Japanese/Korean version is also by default pork. Wiener schnitzel is veal, though in the US it's usually beef since veal's fairly rare. If I ordered a schnitzel with no further qualifiers I would expect to receive pork.

Breading and frying meat is good in all its forms, though.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 11, 2023

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pork and turkey schnitzel are the cheap version of Wiener Schnitzel.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
chicken fried steak ranges from really good to extremely mediocre. as far as diner food goes it has more potential to be hosed up than a lot of stuff you cook in a deep fryer or flat top, which is probably why it has kind of a questionable reputation. still it's delicious as hell when done right, though yeah no one should be eating them regularly

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

yeah no one should be eating them regularly

Of course not, getting The Download too often messes with your brain. Just look at Jones!

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I did not expect food talk when I saw so many posts. I expected a flood of Alex Jones Xitting

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

He just told the chicken fried steak story yet again so we're all busy getting downloads from God.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I kind of want to try it now, but how do you cook it without it becoming a post-divorce Denny's meal?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Take meat. Hit it with a hammer until flat.
Beat eggs, mix with a small amount of milk.
Mix breadcrumbs with a small amount of mixed herbs
Dip each piece of meat in the egg mixture, then cover it evenly with the breadcrumb mixture which should adhere. Shake of excess crumbs and set aside.

Pour a fairly large amount of oil into a pan and preheat. Place the breaded meat pieces into the pan - the oil should come partway up the side of the pieces but should not flow onto the top. Cook, then use a slotted spoon to flip and finish the other side.
Place cooked pieces of meat onto paper towel to drain off excess oil. Continue cooking the other pieces of meat.

Cooked pieces can be eaten with salt and lemon juice, or with a gravy. I like pepper sauce.

(While breadcrumbs can be purchased, a superior product can be made by placing stale bread in a food processor and running until desired texture. If no stale bread is available then fresh bread can be dried in a low oven)

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 11, 2023

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Grand Fromage posted:

He just told the chicken fried steak story yet again so we're all busy getting downloads from God.

I was sure I was going to be mocked for bringing up the Chicken Fried Epiphany, since not everybody in this thread is a Knowledge Fight listener. Oh happy day when goons can commiserate over fried meats.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Come for the red faced outrage fuelled dead children memory flaying ogre, stay for the wonderful cooking instructions and food talk

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

The Lone Badger posted:

Cooked pieces can be eaten with salt and lemon juice
:mods:

If you put anything other than white gravy on it then you're eating schnitzel. Which is also good, but not chicken fried steak

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SubponticatePoster posted:

:mods:

If you put anything other than white gravy on it then you're eating schnitzel. Which is also good, but not chicken fried steak

This is correct.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Much as the image of the labrys (double axe) was supposed to represent the butterfly epiphany of the Minoan great goddess, every surface in Alex Jones’s family compound should be covered in schematized frescoes of a chicken fried steak on a fork.

The family altar should be a reproduction in miniature of the steakhouse where the revelation occurred.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

where is the download restaurant?
it needs a bullshit plaque

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I hope not personally.

Timestamped:

That was violent.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

5er posted:

That was violent.

It’s Yan Can Cook, not Yan Can Bring About World Peace.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Chicken fried steak gives you the power of augury, but normal steak makes you prank call Brian Steltzer. I am learning Alex’s magic system and will employ it in a very lovely KU fantasy novel. LitRPG style.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

Chicken fried steak gives you the power of augury, but normal steak makes you prank call Brian Steltzer. I am learning Alex’s magic system and will employ it in a very lovely KU fantasy novel. LitRPG style.

Don't forget about the magical effects of chili

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Marsupial Ape posted:

I was sure I was going to be mocked for bringing up the Chicken Fried Epiphany, since not everybody in this thread is a Knowledge Fight listener. Oh happy day when goons can commiserate over fried meats.

Gotta fight the knowledge. I can't imagine taking straight Alex to keep up with his assorted horseshit. Don't do that to yourself.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Tunicate posted:

Don't forget about the magical effects of chili

I forgot about the magical effects of chili, due to the magical effects of chili

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Right at this very moment, angels are shoveling chicken fried steaks into the holy furnace that powers god's forever war against the forces of intergalactic satan (that Jones sometimes channels), but it's totally ok because of the one time he wore a colander with electrodes coming out of it attached directly to the steak and got the Jesus download

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

Gotta fight the knowledge. I can't imagine taking straight Alex to keep up with his assorted horseshit. Don't do that to yourself.

Yep. Dan and Jordan work as a great filter because uncut Alex is deadly.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The bankruptcy court fuckery that Jones' litigants are going through is basically the exact same poo poo I'm going through with regard to a personal injury lawsuit. You don't have to be Jones level rich to be successful at it either, you basically just need $10,000 and a bankruptcy attorney that's kind of a shitbag. My stuff has been delayed about 1.5 years so far and there's still no end in sight though there has been progress.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I feel like if you're going to spend all that money and all that time trying to put off a lawsuit, there should be extra consequences. Not like "oh we thought we were going to win, we brought a passionate defense to court but ultimately lost" way but in the "these shitbags are purposefully delaying/dragging out every step of this lawsuit in hopes that the other people's money will dry up and/or they will live in relative comfort spending every dime they can in order to stiff the people they've wronged" way

if only you could include disincentives as part of the settlement. "Alex Jones owes me 1.5billion dollars, but rather than drag this on through the bankruptcy courts for another decade, I will agree to settle for fractions-of-pennies on the dollar to have it settled by the end of next year. For every day it takes beyond December 31st, 2024 for Alex Jones to begin paying me my money, I get to hit him with one ( 1 ) paintball. I reserve the right to show up during the bankruptcy proceedings, beginning on January 1st, 2025, and declare it to be Paintball Day. We will cash in all paintballs owed, and the counter resets to zero and continues counting until he pays me my loving money"

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Just cut off a finger for every day late

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I hope not personally.

Timestamped:

now rebone it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Songbearer posted:

now rebone it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gonna need some chili after seeing that

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/16/alex-jones-55m-sandy-hook-families-billion-dollar-judgment

quote:

According to the 30-page plan submitted on Friday, Jones offered to pay a lump sum of at least $5.5m a year, to be shared among the plaintiffs. The payment would also be accompanied by a percentage of his personal annual revenue, and a slice of Infowars revenue. His debt would be considered satisfied after 10 years... In November, the families’ lawyers proposed a settlement of at least $8.5m annually for 10 years.

its probably smart on the parents to take the structured payment because they'll actually see it, but is it really going to be that cheap for AJ to buy his way out of this? :dafuq:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i'm sure alex would rather pay that than the $0 he's currently paying

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

bawk posted:

I feel like if you're going to spend all that money and all that time trying to put off a lawsuit, there should be extra consequences. Not like "oh we thought we were going to win, we brought a passionate defense to court but ultimately lost" way but in the "these shitbags are purposefully delaying/dragging out every step of this lawsuit in hopes that the other people's money will dry up and/or they will live in relative comfort spending every dime they can in order to stiff the people they've wronged" way

when you owe someone one billion dollars, you literally can't drag out proceedings in hope that they'll run out of litigation money, because they can pay lawyers and debt collectors by promising them a cut of your money

as for blowing all your money on a life of luxury just to spite the people you owe it to, look at how well that worked for Lowtax

the civil courts are slow and take their time and do quite a bit to make sure everything's resolved properly and correctly even if it means having to wait a little while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Can bankruptcy court force him to accept payout terms as a sort of debt restructuring?