Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Theotus posted:

It's all beta all the time if a $599+ hand held console has buttons stick after ten hours of use.

Stop jizzing on it. Control yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Fuzz posted:

Who can control themselves around such a luscious beta?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Finally started playing with Decky plugins. The Obsidian theme plugin on the OLED looks sharp.

Get it

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Install Decky Loader then grab the SteamGridDB plugin which lets you modify all the logos, banners, and icons for your games.

I spent a lot of time doing this manually on the desktop client with all the broken art for older games, so I was really happy to have the same access on the OLED deck. Looking nice!

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

So, I ordered a 1TB OLED yesterday (12/15.) I know it says 3 to 5 business days, but I'd like to know what folks experience has been like in terms of delivery. I'm heading to my mom's for Christmas next week (12/22) and I was hoping to be able to use it while I'm out of town. Should I just have it delivered to her house, while I can still change the shipping address?

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

DantetheK9 posted:

So, I ordered a 1TB OLED yesterday (12/15.) I know it says 3 to 5 business days, but I'd like to know what folks experience has been like in terms of delivery. I'm heading to my mom's for Christmas next week (12/22) and I was hoping to be able to use it while I'm out of town. Should I just have it delivered to her house, while I can still change the shipping address?

I got mine in 3 days but it might be worse now with the holiday craziness.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

DantetheK9 posted:

Mine was delivered within two days of order in Southern California. The estimate was two weeks. Hope that helps, you may need location specific feedback.

DantetheK9
Feb 2, 2020

Just...so fucking tired.

I'm in Florida, just outside Tampa. Mom's in Alabama, just outside Birmingham, if that helps. It's still on "Payment Processed" as of 2:35pm Eastern

NVM-Just moved to "Packaged Items"

DantetheK9 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 15, 2023

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Getting this thing is one of the best decisions i've ever made

candle was that close for maybe 5 seconds for the shot, don't panic 🙏

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
lol imagine covering up the vent smell with a candle

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sexy date night with my deck

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wow I ignored all the cool plugins on my first deck but now, on my OLED, Im cracking out on customizing this thing.

Finally got my Emulators and PrimeHack icons looking gorgeous.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Gonna download it now before Nintendo kill it

https://itch.io/takedowns/2402026

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Those that missed it might be interested in visiting the archive.org

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

The high refresh rate on the OLED is great for playing WonderSwan games (which are designed for 75 Hz). With a 60 Hz display, you normally have to choose between a juddery experience with tearing or a more smoothed out buffered style that adds latency.

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 16, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Good thing I too grabbed a copy of a port of a game I didn't even really like in the first place. :v:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thankfully its only like 5mb so itll be floating around the internet. AM2R is still pretty easy to find.

oh poo poo, that might be worth trying to load up on Deck.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How did I have a Cybiko but I never heard of the WonderSwan

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't think the Wonderswan came outside Japan, while the Cybiko was Russian if I remember right. Or at least Russian business guys in California.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
The Wonderswan got the best-looking versions of FF1/2.

The GBA versions are the overall best since they have the same spritework, mostly, but a lesser screen, but it also has the extra dungeons/content.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fuzz posted:

Screen too sexy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Annath posted:

The Wonderswan got the best-looking versions of FF1/2.

The GBA versions are the overall best since they have the same spritework, mostly, but a lesser screen, but it also has the extra dungeons/content.

People always talk about the extra content in FFIV advance and how square never includes it but I thought it was dumb content. Switching your characters to whatever party you want at the end makes no narrative sense, and the extra dungeons were completely uninteresting.

I prefer the DS remake changes where you can buy old characters skills and assign them to your new party members, and the extra content showing Golbez and Kaluya's backstory.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 16, 2023

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

John Wick of Dogs posted:

People always really about the extra content in FFIV advance and how square never includes it but I thought it was dumb content. Switching your characters to whatever pay you want at the end makes no narrative sense, and the extra someone were completely uninteresting.

I prefer the DS remake changes where you can buy old characters skills and assign them to your new party members, and the extra content showing Golbez and Kaluya's backstory.

I only care about the extra dungeons and superbosses in FF1 GBA.

While the GBA versions of FF1-6 are the best versions of each, the only one with worthwhile extra content is FF1.

The DS versions of 3 and 4 are so disgustingly ugly I actually returned my copy of FF4 DS for store credit.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Rolo posted:

How did I have a Cybiko but I never heard of the WonderSwan

I would wager an abnormal amount of posters in this thread are fellow Cybiko owners.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I love this thing so much, turns out I'll buy anything with oled

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is anyone else playing My Time at Sandrock on their Deck? My wife and I are having a fine time on her LCD and my OLED, but someone in the Steam thread says their experience sucks, with multi-minute loading issues. Trying to figure out whats upValve says unsupported by our experience has been Playable at the least.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've almost beat Mario 3 with save states and no warps on this thing. I don't think I ever did this growing up as a lil brudder.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Suburban Dad posted:

I've almost beat Mario 3 with save states and no warps on this thing. I don't think I ever did this growing up as a lil brudder.

That game was too long to not have a proper save system. No judgement here.

I think that Mario 3 is rather overrated (nostalgia blindness), but it's still incredible. I want to play Mario 3 Mix; that looks like a lot of fun. I'm a Luigi fan.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The Wii U release of Mario 3 GBA comes with all the extra levels that were exclusive to E Reader cards. I have that installed on my Deck.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

been getting retrocheevos in super mario lands 1 and 2. using the oled for that pea green gameboy color aw yeah

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Vlaphor posted:

The Wii U release of Mario 3 GBA comes with all the extra levels that were exclusive to E Reader cards. I have that installed on my Deck.

That's on the Switch... subscription whatever as well. Definitive version of the game, but I wish that they had implemented power-up cards as well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

JustJeff88 posted:

I think that Mario 3 is rather overrated (nostalgia blindness), but it's still incredible. I want to play Mario 3 Mix; that looks like a lot of fun. I'm a Luigi fan.

It definitely was, but given when it came out it was a ridiculously huge game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JustJeff88 posted:

That game was too long to not have a proper save system. No judgement here.

The save system is the easily accessible warp whistles in world one

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Is anyone else playing My Time at Sandrock on their Deck? My wife and I are having a fine time on her LCD and my OLED, but someone in the Steam thread says their experience sucks, with multi-minute loading issues. Trying to figure out what’s up—Valve says “unsupported” by our experience has been Playable at the least.

I've been playing through most of sandeock and it's totally fine with a 40fps cap.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah Ive played a whole year in-game on my deck and its been fine

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Subjunctive posted:

Is anyone else playing My Time at Sandrock on their Deck? My wife and I are having a fine time on her LCD and my OLED, but someone in the Steam thread says their experience sucks, with multi-minute loading issues. Trying to figure out what’s up—Valve says “unsupported” by our experience has been Playable at the least.

The load when starting the game can be a little long, but it's otherwise been great.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks, Ill report back!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Ooh is it time for emulator talk? I re-played Mario Land 2 (you can beat it in like 2 hours). Played through most of the PS2 version of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Currently messing with Tomba! (extremely good ps1 platformer/metroidvania) and Yoshi's Island (supermarioworld2)

It's crazy that they followed up one of the most important platformers of all time with a game where you don't even play as Mario.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

PantsBandit posted:

Ooh is it time for emulator talk? I re-played Mario Land 2 (you can beat it in like 2 hours). Played through most of the PS2 version of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Currently messing with Tomba! (extremely good ps1 platformer/metroidvania) and Yoshi's Island (supermarioworld2)

It's crazy that they followed up one of the most important platformers of all time with a game where you don't even play as Mario.

Mario Land 2 is underrated and should get more attention. There's a rom hack that colourises the game and makes Luigi (cosmetic only) the PC; my favourite way to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Subjunctive posted:

Is anyone else playing My Time at Sandrock on their Deck? My wife and I are having a fine time on her LCD and my OLED, but someone in the Steam thread says their experience sucks, with multi-minute loading issues. Trying to figure out whats upValve says unsupported by our experience has been Playable at the least.

The weird thing about this situation is that Valve didn't change the tag to unsupported until sometime in the past week or two. I had been playing the game okay before as well and when I first installed it, it was "Playable" according to Valve. I wonder what had changed about it that they changed the tag to "Unsupported."

There's a Reddit thread about it as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MyTimeAtSandrock/comments/18h8j5s/steam_deck_unsupported/