Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

If you're not Yacc'd into the Link, are you even alive in the 21st century?

@lindayax posted:

😂😂🍸🥃🍷🤣🤣🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

rowkey bilbao posted:

I don't believe people should worry about incels like they're a statistically meaningful group and not some anecdotal but very visible internet byproduct.

They shoot people

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Professor Shark posted:

They shoot people

Yeah, the UK's only mass shooter in like a decade was an incel

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

rowkey bilbao posted:

I don't believe people should worry about incels like they're a statistically meaningful group and not some anecdotal but very visible internet byproduct.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Incel-related_violence

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Senor Tron posted:

Roko's Dotmatrix

Rocko's Modern Wife?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Now find the stats for murders committed by recently divorced men or men that have just left a relationship. Which do you think is the more dangerous group?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Now find the stats for murders committed by recently divorced men or men that have just left a relationship. Which do you think is the more dangerous group?

A thousand apologies, you are quite obviously right: it's impossible to be concerned about more than one thing at once, and that group of misanthropes on the internet who are devoting most of their free time to radicalizing themselves and others probably isn't going to be a problem.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Recently divorced men who own a Tesla

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Recently divorced men who own a Tesla

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Breetai posted:

A thousand apologies, you are quite obviously right: it's impossible to be concerned about more than one thing at once, and that group of misanthropes on the internet who are devoting most of their free time to radicalizing themselves and others probably isn't going to be a problem.

You should equally not be going through life worrying about men that have just left a relationship.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Doge continues to be the best Twitter employee (because he works for free)

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Slugworth posted:

The difference is Baltar was loving the printer.

Whomst of us would not gently caress a printer that was also Tricia Helfer?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
pretty sure half the forum would destroy humanity for a hug and pass on the hug

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
speaking as a member of humanity, I can't say I'd fault him

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ilmucche posted:

I always thought an incel's real desire was to have a woman genuinely like them, but since they tend to treat people like trash that doesn't happen. It's why they get so angry when a woman does like them because they don't believe it's possible

Many incels DO have women who genuinely like them. It goes hand in hand with Nice Guy Syndrome where they'll do and say the things that make them outwardly likeable if a little awkward or creepy but internally they'll be stewing with impotence while the woman goes and makes relationships and friendships of her own before it boils over into full on :females: Chad/Stacey bullshit once they blow up in their friends face.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Sestze posted:

That sort of hardcoded safety valve exists for intimacy as well. As someone mentioned earlier, Replika had to stop the sexytimes portion of their AI, and a lot of people got burnt by that. I believe they shut off the intimacy features on Valentine's Day in 2023, which twisted the knife further. If you build your own OpenAI it won't try to gently caress you, no matter how much you try to flirt with it (generation of sexual content is against the OpenAI ToU). Still, you can still make it do somewhat unhealthy things like use old conversations with your ex to make a digital facsimile of them that you talk to when you're sad/lonely. Sarah Z has a neat video about The Rise and Fall of Replika that has some more examples and actually tried out using Replika as a boyfriend.

I'm pretty online but this thread is the first time I've heard of Replika. The Sarah Z video is an interesting summary, thanks for recommending it.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Bubbacub posted:

I'm pretty online but this thread is the first time I've heard of Replika. The Sarah Z video is an interesting summary, thanks for recommending it.
It's a well put together video. Her approach is far less "let's laugh at the sadsacks that used this stupid app" and more looks at the ramifications of commodifying human-esque contact, which lent a lot more sympathy to the people wrapped up in Replika and posed a lot of interesting concerns.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

We're AI maniacs!
Dot is cute, and Yakka yaks
Musko packs away the jacks (off pants)

While Hillary Clinton plays the American people as she traffics children into sex slavery and adrenochrome harvesting in the basement of a DC-area pizza joint

We’re AI Maniacs!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’d be all for AI waifus if they can be programmed to teach incels to become more comfortable in sharing their feelings and being generally less terrible, like as a sort of disguised rehabilitation program. It would have to be very subtle in the approach so that the incels don’t stop using them, so it’d have to be considerably more sophisticated than what’s already available

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023

root beer posted:

I’d be all for AI waifus if they can be programmed to teach incels to become more comfortable in sharing their feelings and being generally less terrible, like as a sort of disguised rehabilitation program. It would have to be very subtle in the approach so that the incels don’t stop using them, so it’d have to be considerably more sophisticated than what’s already available

Woah that is very interesting and hot, teehee

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

kazil posted:

I really believe this is all going to end with Elon getting so high on his own supply that he's going to post the N-word in an effort to "destroy the Woke Mind Virus' ability to limit free speech!!"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

When "Minorities Don't Need Saving" is the load-bearing sentence here, I believe there may be a small racism or two at hand.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's amazing how they betray their own layers of pig-poo poo ignorance so effortlessly lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Seems like the latter leads to the former if these are our two choices.

At least we got our licks in

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

kazil posted:

There is no racism against Asians because they’re so good at math and being doctors

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon is going to watch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_(film) and have his mind loving blllloooooooowwwwwwnnnn

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

There is no racism against Asians because they’re so good at math and being doctors

Dang, were the libs gaslighting me and my friends all these years and especially once COVID lockdowns started?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

hot dog

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

hot dog

7 different variations of shrimp scampi

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

7 different variations of shrimp scampi

i've never watched forrest gump, does bubba mention shrimp scampi? cuz if not it's a fake dish

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kazil posted:

hot dog

7 raw fugu.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

...! posted:

Baltar from Battlestar Galactica. He singlehandedly dooms mankind by falling in love with a human-looking robot and trying to win her love by providing her with all the information the robots need to genocide the humans

In other words, one of the best humans on the show aside from Tom Zarek.

e: Circling back to Elon, at least Gaius had legitimate skill and talent in Computer Science and medicine (?). Elon wants to be a Gaius Baltar but just ends up as a Jek Porkins.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 17, 2023

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

you can't be racist about asians if you fetishize meek, subservient asian women and jack off to anime. now if you'll excuse me, i have to get back to screaming about banning tiktok and going to war with china for releasing the wuflu on us all

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

kazil posted:

hot dog

Taco bueno

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

There's gotta be some #🍷 🤣🤣 #linda

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

kazil posted:

hot dog

Let's mix it up and go with Taco John's this time

#PotatoOlés®

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

hot dog

she's less convincing at being human than a chatbot. Is this the future?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

kazil posted:

hot dog

X MAS

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Steadiman posted:

she's less convincing at being human than a chatbot. Is this the future?

That's just called being a corporate ceo.

Humanity disgusts capitalism and most be purged if you are to serve at the alter of the capitalism gods.

#sports!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Asians were championed as this “look at these people they never complain just succeed” example and then covid happened and hate crimes went way up and a bunch of stories came out from Asian Americans about how they’ve always dealt with discrimination