Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cat botherer posted:

do I want to know what "casual degen" attire is?

Ahegao shirts are formal degen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

coolusername posted:

Apparently the BBBY/TEDDY meet up included the Pulte millionaire guy arriving by helicopter with security while everything food/drink/seating wise was bad and a guy getting slapped by a dildo(???). There are a LOT of tweets

The entire purpose of the hanger was so Pulte could arrive by helicopter, from the same airport lol.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The entire purpose of the hanger was so Pulte could arrive by helicopter, from the same airport lol.

And it might have only been a one-way rental, because it was apparently towed a way at the end of the meeting.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

MD2020 posted:

And it might have only been a one-way rental, because it was apparently towed a way at the end of the meeting.

By a golf cart

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
who is Pulte ? is he the alpha scammer thats at top of the pyramid?

is he also already rich and he's just playing around with stock, or did get lucky and believes the all the meme stock poo poo?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

PhazonLink posted:

who is Pulte ? is he the alpha scammer thats at top of the pyramid?

is he also already rich and he's just playing around with stock, or did get lucky and believes the all the meme stock poo poo?

Failson of a rich guy from real estate development

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Are Pulte and PP separate people?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Failson of a rich guy from real estate development
Wait, so is the guy being idolized the house builder, or his son?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PP is Pulte’s alter ego like Batman and Bruce Wayne or John Barron and Donald Trump.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Wait, so is the guy being idolized the house builder, or his son?

He's the grandson who inherited a bunch of money and then was booted from (I think) head of the company and replaced by a different guy who he now hates and is seeking to overthrow by getting Meme stock investors to buy shares of his family's company and vote to reinstate him as the head.

The whole thing is ridiculous even if he could rally them to his cause. Meme stock investors aren't nearly numerous or wealthy enough to take control of PHM and the ones he's directly trying to engage are also broke from BBBY.

Popete fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 16, 2023

Anathematic
Jan 1, 2011
The apes embrace Pulte because he has money, and they chortle the balls of anyone who has money because that obviously means you're "successful."

The BBBY apes (PP in particular) embrace Pulte because of some vague connection between Pulte and their lord and savior Ryan Cohen. Pulte straight up admits he doesn't know RC, but the fact that RC liked some of Pulte's tweets is some sort of secret messaging that RC is gonna save the day for them. (PP seems to genuinely believe this--he thinks RC can't talk directly to the apes, but because Pulte talks to them and RC likes some of Pulte's tweets then RC is tacitly supporting them.)

I'm not 100% certain what Pulte's game is, he seems to want back into his family's company after they kicked him out, but all the apes in the world don't have enough money to get him back on the board. I feel like he's just trying to raise a personal army of dipshits to harass people online and maybe do some light arson.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This feels like an Arrested Development subplot.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
… the ice cream truck with the promised ice cream drove up to the chanting crowd and then drove away

The hangar had no seats

I feel like I’m getting pranked by reality

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Pulte had an inherited do nothing seat on the board of Pulte Group and and got booted because he was a failson dumb dingus who got too annoying. Now he's in the wilderness trying to rouse enough ape support to oust the current head and reclaim the throne

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coolusername posted:

… the ice cream truck with the promised ice cream drove up to the chanting crowd and then drove away

The hangar had no seats

fyre festival 2 looking pretty good

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m seeing people talking about MOAM instead of MOASS. Mother Of All Mothers?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

MOASS Of All MOASSes

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

kais should go on chapo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Halfway to CHOAM

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Mother Of All Meltdowns, the opposite of MOASS. A satirical concept created by non-apes.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

coolusername posted:

The hangar had no seats

This dipshit is their savior? I was expecting some slick rear end wordsmith salesman or at least a carnival barker type. I guess when you get as desperate as these folks are it doesn’t take a prophet.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Boxturret posted:

Are Pulte and PP separate people?

Different people. PP is a guy who hosts a regular ape panel video stream, The PP Show, in which PP, Kais, Pulte and two or three other grifters/idiots discuss and gloat about the same sort of crap discussed on the apes' subreddits.

PP was apparently doxxed a few weeks ago, but just call him PP, or Pissy Pants if you choose.

The PP Show had an associated subreddit which was recently shut down by Reddit, apparently due to its high level of brigading and hate speech. It promptly moved to Twitter, where it fits right in.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 16, 2023

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Big rear end On Fire posted:

This dipshit is their savior? I was expecting some slick rear end wordsmith salesman or at least a carnival barker type. I guess when you get as desperate as these folks are it doesn’t take a prophet.

That's the guy who's gotten the police called on him multiple times because he kept yelling outside of Bed Bath and Beyond stores.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Boxturret posted:

That's the guy who's gotten the police called on him multiple times because he kept yelling outside of Bed Bath and Beyond stores.

he's had many adventures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrU0DAAylEk

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

I inferred that MOAM was Mother Of All Meltdowns, which refers to the share price collapsing down towards reality and/or an ape getting very angry. Meltdown in this context refers to the GME Meltdown subreddit, which mocks apes.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Good write-up summarising the BBBY airplane hanger PP madness, with many salty cultists.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I would advise against reading that write-up. It might seem super well-written with lots of good links to both prove all claims made and provide additional context regarding the reaction to the event within ape communities, but it is actually FUD. If anyone ever tried to make you believe that this event was going to be a harbinger/post-facto celebration of MOASS, that was a hedge fund plant. Obviously it was actually yet another mechanism for delivering valuable clues about the still-imminent MOASS.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I dunno it would be funny if pulte could reenact the sack of constantinople with his crusader army

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

I dunno it would be funny if pulte could reenact the sack of constantinople with his crusader army

That's worth taking a closer look into because the fourth crusade is a loving amazing farce of grifters grifting grifters.

Nov 6, 2002

Helicopter rides aren't cheap... hmm... I wonder where he got the money to fly in for this $500/person event?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Probably the funniest part of the whole thing is they took off and landed at the same airport and they only paid for a one way flight. You can see in the live stream they haul the helicopter away with a golf cart after the show.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I was in St Louis a few years ago and there was a guy giving short helicopter rides over the Mississippi River for like $50 that weren't any further than the ride Pulte took from one parking lot to another.

Apparently Pulte made a tweet replacing the faces on Mount Rushmore with Icahn, Musk, Cohen, and himself, and an ape replied :byodood: Pulte is a lovely grifter, unlike those other three guys!

Nov 6, 2002

Pulte has his helicopter license and at one point started his own helicopter tour company. So I have a feeling he has access to a helicopter whenever he wants.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hi if they all put their money together into a shell escrow they could buy out all these loser decrepit companies and pay themselves out and then finally sleep

welp, cya

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 18, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The internet and psychos on it are building this reflexive disgust at acronyms

Wildest side effect

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

After PPSeeds took a beating from the apes over the Pulte HangerFest fiasco, apparently PP just now revealed 100% confirmed proof of some stock buyback fraud case that will definitely pay off apes for their shares. Amazing timing.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Since Pulte and Cohen are such great guys with tons of money, and since everyone is going to become richer than rich once the MOASS occurs anyway, why don't they help out the apes who are currently struggling financially in the short term? Surely some of these guys wouldn't bat an eyelid at loaning out $1k here or there, considering just how much money they're truly worth.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Just to check, one quick question.
Let’s say that somehow every single delusion in play here ends up being true and the apes get their squeeze
What stops the US government or stock exchange from just saying “this never happened” and saying there was no squeeze?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

the Orb of Zot posted:

Just to check, one quick question.
Let’s say that somehow every single delusion in play here ends up being true and the apes get their squeeze
What stops the US government or stock exchange from just saying “this never happened” and saying there was no squeeze?

Literally nothing. As has been pointed out a few times, there was a massive short squeeze in the nickel market last year and the exchange just went ":lol: nope" because the guy who was getting squeezed was just going to refuse to pay. And like, if the same thing happened with MOASS it would hurt the confidence in the market. But not nearly as much as the entire global economy (including the holdings of every pension/retirement plan/sovereign wealth fund) suddenly being handed over to a bunch of reddit assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

the Orb of Zot posted:

Okay, sure

the Orb of Zot posted:

Wait, you just said every single delusion in play ends up being true. You can't have this both ways.